1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Mar 11, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
oops

West Orange, NJ

#1 Feb 1, 2012
My wife went to the er there early this morning for treatment to eye
. when she walked in the fat security guard was asleep at the desk and nobody was around than the stupid Bosnian nurse who hardly spoke English behind the desk refused to treat her and take her admission paperwork because she kept talking her she wasn't who she said and was...what the fuck is wrong with that place....DON'T EVER NEVER EVER GO THERE FOR ANYTHING
calli

East Brookfield, MA

#2 Feb 1, 2012
Tell your wife to get off medicaid, get a job, get insurance and then get a doctor. So she doesn't have to clog up the local ERs with her bullshit eye booboo. Then our Drs and nurses can take care of people who are actually sick.
Missy

Geneva, NY

#3 Feb 1, 2012
too many sluts work there and spreading disease
Agreed

Syracuse, NY

#4 Feb 1, 2012
calli wrote:
Tell your wife to get off medicaid, get a job, get insurance and then get a doctor. So she doesn't have to clog up the local ERs with her bullshit eye booboo. Then our Drs and nurses can take care of people who are actually sick.
1. The ER is not only for people who are "sick". Do you know what ER even stands for? Or are you too fucking lazy to think for 5 seconds. Here, let my help you...EMERGENCY ROOM. 2. Generally, the people who are on Medicaid/don't have insurance go to URGENT CARE. That's where you go if you are sick. Or, if you do have insurance, you call your doctor (like you said). Please, don't ever clog up the local ER's with your bullshit sickness and spread it around, douchebag. Then, the doctors and nurses can take care of people with ACTUAL EMERGENCIES.

You know what happens when you ASSUME something about someone, don't you? Yeah, ya make a big ass out of yourself. Get a fucking life, loser.
calli

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Feb 1, 2012
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The ER is not only for people who are "sick". Do you know what ER even stands for? Or are you too fucking lazy to think for 5 seconds. Here, let my help you...EMERGENCY ROOM. 2. Generally, the people who are on Medicaid/don't have insurance go to URGENT CARE. That's where you go if you are sick. Or, if you do have insurance, you call your doctor (like you said). Please, don't ever clog up the local ER's with your bullshit sickness and spread it around, douchebag. Then, the doctors and nurses can take care of people with ACTUAL EMERGENCIES.
You know what happens when you ASSUME something about someone, don't you? Yeah, ya make a big ass out of yourself. Get a fucking life, loser.
Wow LOL pent up rage much. I might give a sh!t abot your opinion except that you have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever worked in an ER? Urgent care? Healthcare period? Do you have any idea how medicaid reimbusment works? Yeah no, I thought not. Just another loud mouth who thinks that if they mix enough swear word in with their opinion then it will sound like you know what you're talking about. Yawn. Same old tired Utica trash. The ER is for people who have an EMERGENCY. Not booboos. That's what urgent care is for. Problems that do not require the services of a hospital. The hospital is for people who have actual medical emergencies. Be they SICKNESS (duh did you think there were only healthy people in hospitals?) or life threatening injuries. And just because I'm feeling kind today...I'll throw you a little tidbit to research, ya know just so you don't sound like such an ignorant loudmouth the next time that this comes up in conversation. ER over-use and over-crowding is a nation wide problem. People go to the ER for every bump, bruise and sniffle and it costs millions of dollars in medicaid funds every year. That's why people are supposed to go to their family Drs and Urgent care facilities for NON EMERGENT healthcare problems. Also, people who don't have insurance, or medicaid use the ER as their primary physicians, because they have no other recourse when they get sick. So the hospital gets stuck with the bill. And then they are forced to make up those losses by charging those of use who DO have insurance that much more for their services. Perhaps you've noticed the national ad campaign urging people to utilize other healthcare sources besides the ER? Why? Because it keeps DRs and nurses from being able to provide quality care to those people who actually have an emergency! They're too busy dealing with booboos and sniffles! So yeah I stand by what I said. Get a job, get insurance and call your Dr for your booboo. You've been schooled. You're welcome.
WishGranted

New Hartford, NY

#6 Feb 1, 2012
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you retarded? The ER is not for sick people? Who's supposed to go there then? Perfectly fine people? Moron. And yeah people who dont have insurance or have medicaid clog up the ERs all the damn time. Please don't go to the ER and spread around your bullshit stupidity douchbag. It might be contagious.
lol

Syracuse, NY

#8 Feb 1, 2012
WishGranted wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you retarded? The ER is not for sick people? Who's supposed to go there then? Perfectly fine people? Moron. And yeah people who dont have insurance or have medicaid clog up the ERs all the damn time. Please don't go to the ER and spread around your bullshit stupidity douchbag. It might be contagious.
Can you read??? Guess not.
lol

Syracuse, NY

#9 Feb 1, 2012
calli wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow LOL pent up rage much. I might give a sh!t abot your opinion except that you have no idea what you are talking about. Have you ever worked in an ER? Urgent care? Healthcare period? Do you have any idea how medicaid reimbusment works? Yeah no, I thought not. Just another loud mouth who thinks that if they mix enough swear word in with their opinion then it will sound like you know what you're talking about. Yawn. Same old tired Utica trash. The ER is for people who have an EMERGENCY. Not booboos. That's what urgent care is for. Problems that do not require the services of a hospital. The hospital is for people who have actual medical emergencies. Be they SICKNESS (duh did you think there were only healthy people in hospitals?) or life threatening injuries. And just because I'm feeling kind today...I'll throw you a little tidbit to research, ya know just so you don't sound like such an ignorant loudmouth the next time that this comes up in conversation. ER over-use and over-crowding is a nation wide problem. People go to the ER for every bump, bruise and sniffle and it costs millions of dollars in medicaid funds every year. That's why people are supposed to go to their family Drs and Urgent care facilities for NON EMERGENT healthcare problems. Also, people who don't have insurance, or medicaid use the ER as their primary physicians, because they have no other recourse when they get sick. So the hospital gets stuck with the bill. And then they are forced to make up those losses by charging those of use who DO have insurance that much more for their services. Perhaps you've noticed the national ad campaign urging people to utilize other healthcare sources besides the ER? Why? Because it keeps DRs and nurses from being able to provide quality care to those people who actually have an emergency! They're too busy dealing with booboos and sniffles! So yeah I stand by what I said. Get a job, get insurance and call your Dr for your booboo. You've been schooled. You're welcome.
I guess the next time I have a little cough, I'll go to the ER. I mean, it's for sick people. I'll let the guy with the broken leg know he belongs at Urgent Care....lol you people need to learn to READ!!!!
calli

Pittsfield, MA

#10 Feb 1, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the next time I have a little cough, I'll go to the ER. I mean, it's for sick people. I'll let the guy with the broken leg know he belongs at Urgent Care....lol you people need to learn to READ!!!!
Take your own advice. I said, quite clearly, that people who have sniffles and booboos should go to their Dr. Not the ER. I guess in your world you can't concieve of a "sickness" that requires emergeny attention. Here are some examples for you, I'll try and dumb it down......people who can't breathe (pneumonia, congestive heart failure, asthma, COPD, severe allergic reactions, lung infections etc) belong in the ER. People who have suffered a severe physical trama (broken bones, head injuries etc) belong in the ER. People having any kind of cardiac event (MI, new onset dysfuncion/ arrythmias) belong in the ER. People who are having various other assorted health emergencies (GI bleeds, acute infections, sepsis, strokes, intense pain etc) belong in the ER. Not everyone that is sick has a cold and the ER is not just for broken bones. That clear enough for you? So take your little cough to your Dr so that the healthcare staff can focus on the patient who needs a ventilator because he can't breathe, and the patient who needs to be rushed to surgery for his ruptured appendix, and the patient barfing up blood who needs a transfusion, and the patient who needs to go to the cardiac cath lab because he' having a heart attack, and the patient who smashed his head in a car accident that needs a CAT scan, and the baby that needs IV antibiotics because his fever is 105, and the old woman who fell and broke her hip and all of the other patients that need medical interventions that only a hospital can provide. Those are the people that the ER is meant for. Not for sniffles, not for stomach bugs, not for bumps and bruises, hangnails and whatever else can be handled by either your family physician or an urgent care facility. You people are unreal. Uneducated, thoughtless and oblivious to what goes on in the rest of the world outside your little bubble.
Missy

Geneva, NY

#11 Feb 2, 2012
calli wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your own advice. I said, quite clearly, that people who have sniffles and booboos should go to their Dr. Not the ER. I guess in your world you can't concieve of a "sickness" that requires emergeny attention. Here are some examples for you, I'll try and dumb it down......people who can't breathe (pneumonia, congestive heart failure, asthma, COPD, severe allergic reactions, lung infections etc) belong in the ER. People who have suffered a severe physical trama (broken bones, head injuries etc) belong in the ER. People having any kind of cardiac event (MI, new onset dysfuncion/ arrythmias) belong in the ER. People who are having various other assorted health emergencies (GI bleeds, acute infections, sepsis, strokes, intense pain etc) belong in the ER. Not everyone that is sick has a cold and the ER is not just for broken bones. That clear enough for you? So take your little cough to your Dr so that the healthcare staff can focus on the patient who needs a ventilator because he can't breathe, and the patient who needs to be rushed to surgery for his ruptured appendix, and the patient barfing up blood who needs a transfusion, and the patient who needs to go to the cardiac cath lab because he' having a heart attack, and the patient who smashed his head in a car accident that needs a CAT scan, and the baby that needs IV antibiotics because his fever is 105, and the old woman who fell and broke her hip and all of the other patients that need medical interventions that only a hospital can provide. Those are the people that the ER is meant for. Not for sniffles, not for stomach bugs, not for bumps and bruises, hangnails and whatever else can be handled by either your family physician or an urgent care facility. You people are unreal. Uneducated, thoughtless and oblivious to what goes on in the rest of the world outside your little bubble.
Poor angry girl - you must really hate working in the ER - time to retire and leave the compassion for real professionals.
hahaobama

Clinton, NY

#12 Feb 2, 2012
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong about Urgent Care, that is for minor emergencies, such as sore throat, cuts that may require only a few stitches, etc. The whole purpose of UC is to ease up the ER's for minor health issues. It is not only for medicaid and those with no insurance.
FYI, people cannot be turned away if they have no insurance.
hahaobama

Clinton, NY

#13 Feb 2, 2012
calli wrote:
<quoted text>
The frustrating part about that is, if you have insurance and they decide it was an "unnecessary visit" they will try to deny payment.
These losers that have no idea what reimbusement is to the hospitals by both insurance companies and medicare and medicaid. The bill may be $10,000, if it's medicaid, the hospital is lucky to get $1000, medicare and private insurance also have a set rate they reimburse, regardless of how much care was actually involved in a visit.
Love the ones that come in by ambulance with "severe" abdominal pain, then once they get in a room, have the audacity to ask for something to eat!
big buns

Bronx, NY

#14 Feb 2, 2012
oops wrote:
. when she walked in the fat security guard was asleep at the desk and nobody was around than the stupid Bosnian nurse who hardly spoke English behind the desk refused to treat her and take her admission paperwork because she kept talking her she wasn't who she said and was...what the fuck is wrong with that place....DON'T EVER NEVER EVER GO THERE FOR ANYTHING
The government and insurance companies don't want to pay for hypochondriacs. Your wife probably had pink eye from you shooting a load on her face while she was alseep.
misreble

Vernon Center, NY

#15 Feb 2, 2012
Been there twice for myself, car accident and seizure and many times visiting old relatives and friends who were there for the right reasons.
I found the nurses rude, uncompassionate twats who think the world owes em something. No different in fact than the welfare sleaze sucking up the services. They just have a uniform and get paid $22/hr.
Philly G

Watertown, NY

#17 Feb 6, 2012
i used to work there in the operating room and it sucked the nurses are miserable and hate there jobs and are inconsiderate to the patients if they interact with them at all.management is no better.the surgeons are very good but because of the nurses people would be better served at st lukes or anywhere else
Funny

New Hartford, NY

#18 Feb 15, 2012
oops wrote:
Really? You're going to talk about a nurse that can't speak English. Judging from this you don't speak it too well either there buddy.
keep going

United States

#19 Feb 16, 2012
misreble wrote:
Been there twice for myself, car accident and seizure and many times visiting old relatives and friends who were there for the right reasons.
I found the nurses rude, uncompassionate twats who think the world owes em something. No different in fact than the welfare sleaze sucking up the services. They just have a uniform and get paid $22/hr.
I agree with you except the 22 an hour part. Try over 30 with differentials. Other than that, spot on.
xcept

Auburn, NY

#20 Mar 6, 2012
Philly G wrote:
i used to work there in the operating room and it sucked the nurses are miserable and hate there jobs and are inconsiderate to the patients if they interact with them at all.management is no better.the surgeons are very good but because of the nurses people would be better served at st lukes or anywhere else
they offer to spread legs to arrogant surgeons - there husbands would be shocked...and many surgeons take them up...St.Disease
Philly G

Watertown, NY

#21 Mar 10, 2012
xcept wrote:
<quoted text>
they offer to spread legs to arrogant surgeons - there husbands would be shocked...and many surgeons take them up...St.Disease
But they were fun at our golf outings.
S Utica

Utica, NY

#22 Mar 10, 2012
hahaobama wrote:
<quoted text>
The frustrating part about that is, if you have insurance and they decide it was an "unnecessary visit" they will try to deny payment.
These losers that have no idea what reimbusement is to the hospitals by both insurance companies and medicare and medicaid. The bill may be $10,000, if it's medicaid, the hospital is lucky to get $1000, medicare and private insurance also have a set rate they reimburse, regardless of how much care was actually involved in a visit.
Love the ones that come in by ambulance with "severe" abdominal pain, then once they get in a room, have the audacity to ask for something to eat!
So, are we calling everyone on Medicaid "scumbags"??? I agree with your assessment of the reimbursements and payments, but don't blame all of the patients. First of all, in this economy, there's many good and educated people that need the assistance to bridge the gap while looking for work or for other personal reasons. Yes, there's also many that abuse the system and it sucks. But if you work in the healthcare field, I would sure hope that you're done judging everyone based on what kind of coverage they have. That would violate the oath you take to care for people. I'm not saying you do that but begging that you judge people on a case by case basis.

I have a college degree and have been looking for a job for almost a year now. I work part-time but recently had to get on managed care (medicaid) because of a health problem that I literally can't afford to pay out of pocket for. I would end up bankrupt and I'm only 27. I come from a good family. My mother and father are college graduates. My mother is a stay-at-home mother and my father is an accountant. Obviously I can't be on my father's insurance anymore, so until I find a full-time position with insurance, what am I supposed to do? It's already embarrassing enough to have to ask for help...the last thing I need is for the people that may need to treat me to be judging me. I ask that you please don't do that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Oliveiras Vacation 8 min Bobby Oliveira th... 3
Robert Oliveiras Debt 10 min Bobby Oliveira th... 3
Teachers have Cadilac Pensions? (Jan '13) 11 min Gym Teacher 276
Robert Junky Oliveira 12 min Bobby Oliveira th... 3
Why Did the Columbia Close? 13 min Tamra 1
WHY cant I AFFORD LAND OR GET A JOB LIKE REAL M... 15 min Bobby Oliveira th... 3
I need TO COLLECT BOBBYS JIZZ WITH MY FACE THEN... 15 min Billy Gorilly W 6
Was anybody actually at Fuel's men's room when ... 18 min curious 34
OC Family Court candies 33 min FC is open to public 31
Mark Butler admits no chip manufacturing plant due 36 min Dr Answer 10
NH 12 Year Old Sues NHCSD 1 hr money hungry 8
Jill WKTV 3 hr Reality Check 17
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000