Time Warner Charging For Your Compute...

Time Warner Charging For Your Computer Modem!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Utica Customer

Utica, NY

#1 Oct 24, 2012
Got my little postcard in the mail today.........as if Time Warner isn't getting enough $$$ out of us........we're getting hit with a 'maintenance' charge for our computer modems now.....$3.95/mo and this is just to start!!!!

My question is: what maintenance?!!
MasterDebater

Manlius, NY

#2 Oct 24, 2012
If that's true I'm getting a wifi 4g hotspot for less money a month and tell TWC to take their equipment and pile it up next to the MOUNTAIN of stuff I saw people returning after this channel blocking bullshit.
Its True

Utica, NY

#3 Oct 24, 2012
New rate takes effect Nov 1st.

According to the postcard go to: twc.com/approveddevices to see the list of approved modems that we can purchase instead of lease.

Are these easy to install does anyone know? I know nothing of installing this stuff.
confused

Waterville, NY

#4 Oct 25, 2012
You can buy a modem if you dont have phone service with them, If you have their phone your screwed. They are easy to install otherwise.
doesntmatter

Watertown, NY

#6 Oct 25, 2012
eh! Must be Ted Turner's taxes are going up on 2 million acres he owns. Either that or him, Bill and Melinda Gates eugenics program is ramping up.
TWC is the WORST

Utica, NY

#7 Oct 25, 2012
wondering wrote:
Yes, but didn't the postcard also say something is going down $3.95 per month?
Nothing going DOWN! TWC fees only go in one direction. More niggly ways to bleed customers drop by drop.
cancel

Whitesboro, NY

#8 Oct 25, 2012
I canceled two months ago. I pay 255 a month, but i have it all, every channel, 2 of the best boxes, phone, security in the home etc. I canceled one month in advance- some dept called me back a week before i was going to cancel and offered me 200 a month for EVERYTHING, i took it
WTF

Gouverneur, NY

#9 Oct 25, 2012
confused wrote:
You can buy a modem if you dont have phone service with them, If you have their phone your screwed. They are easy to install otherwise.
Their modem, they can't make a donut.

It's a Motorola, it wasn't even made for them by moto, its a cable modem.

Screwing in a cable and plugging in a RJ5 cable is easy, wow your so smart.
WTF

Gouverneur, NY

#10 Oct 25, 2012
Here is the scumbag time warner scam.

These scumbags have moved to a speed amount per fee.

Say you get the 2MBPS, that is only transfer speed,
you are only getting 400-MBPS of movable data.UP/Down

Scumbags scamming its customers.

TV- you pay for cable but have to watch 60% commercials so the Scumbags can rape you.
wow

Whitesboro, NY

#11 Oct 25, 2012
You have to know an employee inside to get EVERY CHANNELL EVRY DAY AND NIGHT
pathetic

Syracuse, NY

#12 Oct 25, 2012
I called them today about this. After being on hold for 56 minutes I was able to speak to someone. If you buy your own modem at a store, they will troubleshoot if u have a problem with it but they won't fix it! You have to pay to have it fixed! Ridiculous.
wow

New York, NY

#13 Oct 25, 2012
u idiot,if you buy a modem they will get your service working but they won't replace your property if it breaks .
WTF

Gouverneur, NY

#15 Oct 25, 2012
bobby wrote:
You losers are such cheap skates .... I bet that 3.95 is a half hour work for you
Oh little food stamps, you don't know anything about a PC, you're just a loser.
yeah

Whitesboro, NY

#16 Oct 26, 2012
cancel wrote:
I canceled two months ago. I pay 255 a month, but i have it all, every channel, 2 of the best boxes, phone, security in the home etc. I canceled one month in advance- some dept called me back a week before i was going to cancel and offered me 200 a month for EVERYTHING, i took it
I did the same thing, got $70 off my bill for having everything and threatening to cancel. I also have an in.
Say Bye

New Hartford, NY

#18 Oct 26, 2012
All I have to say bye TWC. I hope everyone drops you. Hello DIRECTTV and when FIOS comes who needs your freakin modem!
really

Gouverneur, NY

#19 Oct 26, 2012
bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct . I would never use a PC.... I have a Mac
Go to about this Mac, then more info, then system report, now click on Serial- ATA, post the first four lines of the bottom window ??????

A Mac is still a PC fool, talk about a loser.
really

Gouverneur, NY

#21 Oct 26, 2012
bobby wrote:
Mac is not a pc. Anybody with real knowledge does not consider pc & Mac the same. A Mac is a computer but not a pc .... Pc is windows dink and windows blows
Dear Inbreed loser. So you're too stupid to post the info, NO, you don't own mac, you're a welfare loser.

A personal computer is a personal computer you fing moron, the OS has nothing to do with what is called a personal computer. Just because the OS on one can be windows and one is OS X, doesn't mean anything welfare loser. Thousands of people run boot camp on a Mac.

Get back to your food stamps and your one dollar dell, or what ever piece of SHT you connect online, by the looks of your address on topix, your a total welfare loser using a cell phone.
FYI

Manlius, NY

#23 Oct 26, 2012
Macs are typically used by Democrats which probably explains why the person does not understand the meaning of PC....
idiot

New York, NY

#24 Oct 26, 2012
bobby is right, and say bye you are an idiot. ill bet you have no idea what fios costs.it will never be in this area because of low budget morons like you
really

New Hartford, NY

#25 Oct 26, 2012
Say Bye wrote:
All I have to say bye TWC. I hope everyone drops you. Hello DIRECTTV and when FIOS comes who needs your freakin modem!
when FIOS comes where??? Fios is done " coming " anywhere. Which means you have to sell your trailer and move to an area Fios services. BTW the government approved a deal that allowed Time Warner to team up with Verizon Wireless (they own Fios smarty pants). Now what??? I bet your one of those types that pays $150 for a cell plan and bitches about paying $160 fir digital cable, high speed internet and a home phone. YOU WOULDN'T A GOOD DEAL IF IT SLAPPED YOU IN THE FACE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New hartford is the new east utica 12 min marshall law 143
Marcy Nano Quad C 21 min CNY is a Sitcom 4
Donovan selling junk food in the office! 23 min Simple Answer 5
mike lynch 47 min willy 42
Cuomo Cancels Visit to Nomo NanoUtica 1 hr SOI 3
Obama flees back to Kenya as wire-tapping and t... 1 hr Prepubescent 4
Claudia to senior citizens: Thanks for the vote... 1 hr Bill 21
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 2 hr Seriously 932
Katrina Smith is pregnant AGAIN 3 hr Bubba 25
WHY Utica is a rustbelt poverty hole of FAIL. 3 hr The City of Riggies 53