Best Pro Hockey Players from the Utic...

Best Pro Hockey Players from the Utica area?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bad boy

Earlville, NY

#2 Apr 30, 2012
Mark mowers -whitesboro
Sick Nasty Dangles

New Hartford, NY

#4 May 2, 2012
George Finn - Played for the Thunder Bay Bombers in 1986. He was playing against guys like Rob Lowe, Keanu Reeves, and Patrick Swayze who were playing for the Hamilton Mustangs at that time.
Punch

Albany, NY

#5 May 2, 2012
George Armstrong (The Chief), former Toronto Maple Leaf Captain and coach, was born on the Oneida Indian Nation of New York reservation in 1930 to an Oneida mother and an Iroquois father. He wore #10; is in the hockey hall of fame and still works for the Maple Leafs organization. He retired as a player in the early 70's after a 21 year playing career, all with the Leafs.
Dick Smiths

Camillus, NY

#7 May 2, 2012
Don't forget Bobby Seward in goal
Hly sht

Fort Mill, SC

#8 May 2, 2012
Kevin Todd.
Section 204 legend

Utica, NY

#9 May 2, 2012
I tend to think that Esche had the biggest prime time (as brief as it really was) of them all being the year before the NHL strike, he came one game away from a Stanley Cup AND was Team USA's goalie for the Olympics--all in a span of a couple of years. I didn't say that his entire career was bright lights, but when he was with Philly, he was probably the best goalie on the planet at that time... Just my 2 cents...
johnny meatballs

Brooklyn, NY

#10 May 3, 2012
Section 204 legend wrote:
I tend to think that Esche had the biggest prime time (as brief as it really was) of them all being the year before the NHL strike, he came one game away from a Stanley Cup AND was Team USA's goalie for the Olympics--all in a span of a couple of years. I didn't say that his entire career was bright lights, but when he was with Philly, he was probably the best goalie on the planet at that time... Just my 2 cents...
whatever happened to Esche, he kinda fell off the planet?
tiger williams

United States

#11 May 3, 2012
johnny meatballs wrote:
<quoted text>
whatever happened to Esche, he kinda fell off the planet?
plays in the russian league
Bill

Utica, NY

#12 May 3, 2012
The Hanson Bros. ;)
Section 204 legend

Utica, NY

#13 May 4, 2012
tiger williams wrote:
<quoted text> plays in the russian league
Bingo! He has played the last 2 seasons in the KHL, the most prominent league over that way...He now makes roughly over a million a year and is having alot of fun doing it too!
Section 204 legend

Utica, NY

#14 May 4, 2012
Bill wrote:
The Hanson Bros. ;)
Not to break balls or anything like that--the Hanson Bros aren't really from here and during the filming of "Slapshot" only 2 of the 3 Carlson Bros. were available so they asked their cousin, Dave Hanson, who also graced the Utica Aud's ice playing against Utica's various teams back then to play the 3rd Hanson in the best hockey movie ever made...I know of some folks that have had their picture taken with all 3 of them at the Utica Aud's 50th Anniversary celebration a year or 2 ago...Just sayin'...
puckster

Cortland, NY

#15 May 4, 2012
A lot of the old Comets would have seen time in the NHL with the current expansion. Back then, only six teams.
Rosina

Albany, NY

#16 May 5, 2012
Badder Company-2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, he was born in Skead, Ontario, Canada. Which is near Sudbury north of Lake Huron, Georgian Bay. There is no Oneida First Nations Reservation within 200 miles of there. And his father was of white Scots-Irish , his mom was Iroquois/Algonquin.
You take all the fun out of Topix participation. Topix is all about fantasy, much like fantasy baseball. Go enjoy some weed and chill.
Betman

Whitesboro, NY

#17 May 11, 2012
Brian Gustafson, played with Gretzky in minors, then played for comets, now he is a UPS guy!
matt

Utica, NY

#18 Aug 3, 2014
He is the president of the Utica Comets (Vancouver AHL team)
tiger williams wrote:
<quoted text> plays in the russian league
Joe

Herkimer, NY

#20 Aug 4, 2014
Esche and Kevin Todd, Utica Devils, moved up to NJ Devils, record still stands today most points by a rookie in Stanley Cup playoffs, made rookie All-Stars, played with Gretzky on the LA Kings
Star Struck

Waterville, NY

#22 Aug 4, 2014
Ted Fauss
Wiggies is a coward

Potsdam, NY

#25 Aug 5, 2014
Best play is Wiggies. Well, he _could_ have been, but he failed. That's why he's such a loser and continually gripes about Utica. That's what losers do, cry like the little girls they are.
Puckster

Waterville, NY

#27 Aug 5, 2014
Ian Anderson was the man!
Wboro

Schenectady, NY

#30 Mar 12, 2016
Joe wrote:
Esche and Kevin Todd, Utica Devils, moved up to NJ Devils, record still stands today most points by a rookie in Stanley Cup playoffs, made rookie All-Stars, played with Gretzky on the LA Kings
Mark Mowers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Penree 36 min Penrees Pink Penis 19
What Would You Tell Jesus If You Had a 5 Minute... 54 min Megatron 1
Explorer 55 min Codys Wet Dreams 2
Michelle Obama is a man 56 min Elf 1
When your girlfriend has a sex tape out but you... 1 hr Taniqua 15
New Greek restaurant on Genesee 2 hr Great New Restaurant 34
Esche canned zilch 2 hr Please hire this guy 52
Craigslist Personals Replacement 3 hr Josie 60
Old School Bar/Restaurant Culver Ave 7 hr Jimmy Pags 11
Kraft Hockeyville NHL exhibition game at the Aud ? 12 hr UR Utica Ridiculous 24