Ed Hinko Baseball
Willie cant read

Syracuse, NY

#42 Jan 27, 2011
Willie Rodriguez UTICA wrote:
I don't want to run this Dead Horse Into the Ground, However I have never seen more then one or two parents offer to come on a SAT when no games being Played and help make improvements to the field. Actually its the CITY OF UTICA whom OWENS the FIELD and guess what I don't see the parents Calling the city and saying hey the infield needs to be updated or the Pitchers Mound is a pancake what are you guys doing about it ;lol What a joke you are putting down a man and women whom have provided over 25+ years to the youth of Utica for issues that are best addressed with the CITY OF UTICA YOUTH DEPARTMENT.
Willie, the last post was Aug 2009, 20 months ago. So, since you opened this up again, let's clear the air. Mel is a clown. All he cares about is making money. He thinks it's his field. The pitcher's mound stunk. Now Mel made it into a pitcher's mountain. It's wayyyyyy too high. But, Mel and his cronies don't know because they don't even know how to throw a baseball. i hope to hell the City wises up and pulls his permit. There is no WAY 13 year olds should play on teams with 18 yeaar olds.
hmm

Syracuse, NY

#44 Jan 27, 2011
MEL wrote:
IS A THIEF.
Stealing from your own business doesnt make you a thief.(That's what Mel & Sandy would say.)
Excellent program

Rome, NY

#45 Jan 27, 2011
Willie Rodriguez wrote:
You Know I had a son who played there and it was Great.I didn't Always agree with Mel However his heart as well as Sandy's is always in the right spot. Ive noticed that those who criticized have left there names off post, why not own up to your comments and step to the plate and put your name on any digitization, its easy to criticize when you aren't the one running the program or putting time into it.
I think they do an excellent job and the kids really enjoy that league. Both Mel and Sandy are very organized, put a lot of time into making the place run smoothly.

Thank you for doing this for our kids.
Baseball Player 50

Baldwinsville, NY

#46 May 2, 2011
All of you people eho put negative comments keep them to yourself I love playing ed hinko baseball its a great experience and its very fun
maynard

Brooklyn, NY

#47 May 2, 2011
TONY HATHAWAY wrote:
Mel oversteps his boundaries on a regular basis. He constantly pulls his puppet "umpires" to the side so they can harass coaches and players he doesn't care for. For instance, he has no busines walking onto the field in his apron, sandles and spatula and yelling directly at kids for his little pet peeves. This behavior is disrespectful to everyone, particularly the coaching staff, whom are volunteering their time! He needs to learn about a little something called a chain of command. This guy and his umps have huge egos, and they run the children's league similar to Gestapo. It's a damn shame the way in which he treats the coaches and the kids, particularly the colored ones....enough said. That league is a mere shadow of the leagues of past. Mel needs to shut his face and mind his grille during the games, and the umpire staff needs to put an end to the corruption. Overall, a very unprofessionally run organization. Please forward your experiences to the City, both good and bad. Believe me, one far outweighs the other, and this I am confident of.
This Mel guy sounds like someone Id like to be friends with
Yearly Mel bashing

Durhamville, NY

#48 May 3, 2011
It's that time of year. Let's all bash Mel and his crew and watch the City do nothing. Mel runs a business on City property and no one cares. Go watch the teams play. Look at the shoddy uniforms, helmets without padding, non- breakaway bases, and no fencing on the dugouts. Totally unsafe for your kids. Not to mention they'll have 17 year olds on the team with your 13 year old. The older kids are swearing, talking about drinking and smoking pot and the young kids are right on the bench next to them.

Go MEL !! Keep up the crappy job, no one cares !!!
biggboyyyyy

Florence, MA

#49 Aug 5, 2011
I play for ed hinko this year my teams in the chip!! I lead the league in homeruns. But ed hinko is the biggest joke everrrr mel should die already. He has his son ump and he can't even call anything right. He calls pitches down the middle balls he's a f*ckin bum
EDHINKOrockies

Little Falls, NY

#50 Feb 20, 2012
heyy bigboyy you know who it is, its your cousin. oh wait you dont know cause every kid on our team this year and the year before and the year before that were all cousins!! haha. f*ck yoo, i could probably get alex rodriguez and tell mel hes my cousin and sign him up to play on our team!haha. this league is deff wack as f*ck. but also, mad fun to play in, cause look at it this way everyone, boys will be boys and swear and talk about drinking and smoking pot and all, thats a boy for ya! haha. but besides that, the equipment suckss AS$, i shaddered my ankle sliding into 3rd, bases dont even move, they're like boulders! the umps get knocked out by fastballs!! haha.- Steve Shocko. funny shit. every game of the week its the same 3-5 umpires. but there is one cool AS$ ump, mine an bigboyy's dude LARRY! can't give a right call for sh!t but hes the man, his old AS$. I'll be back for my 4th year this summer, ill be the best player in the league guarnteed, im in the ROCKIES babyyy! Come watch us play an do our thing! Oh an parents honestly, i'd sign your kids up for this league. It keeps them outta trouble and into a new environment! but dont be surprised at the end of the year with no banquet! theres always an excuse why there's not one! well, thats about it, people postt on thiss!! WE LOVE AND HATE YOU MEL. GOODLUCK TO ALL THE TEAMS THIS YEAR! But you all know the ROCKIES winning the championship this year again! LATERRRR!
biggboyyyyy

Little Falls, NY

#51 Feb 20, 2012
ayo whats good everyone. its biggboyyyyy yea i won the chip this year and was the best player but its time to pass the throne to my little cousin he is about to win it this year. but aye i let the league in everything but strickouts. im a beast. im playing varsity baseball this year. ed hinko is a joke but hey mels wife gives good head so all the dads come get some
Wonko

Utica, NY

#52 Feb 26, 2012
Batter up
HAHAH joke

Ithaca, NY

#53 Jul 29, 2012
biggboyyyyy wrote:
ayo whats good everyone. its biggboyyyyy yea i won the chip this year and was the best player but its time to pass the throne to my little cousin he is about to win it this year. but aye i let the league in everything but strickouts. im a beast. im playing varsity baseball this year. ed hinko is a joke but hey mels wife gives good head so all the dads come get some

This is deffinatly the steve pfluger kid who in the all star game last year struck out at least 4 to 5 time off of the first 2 pitchers and only hit his homeruns off of 14 year olds HAHAH
NEEDS TO BE SAID

Utica, NY

#54 Jun 19, 2013
idk all im saying is I love the league and its great for THE KIDS... some of you r correct... mel does not care about the kids at all... just the money... GAMES GET CANCELLED JUST BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE THINK IF THE WEATEHRS BAD THEY WONT MAKE MONEY... which their is a lot of ppl and players who r willing to come down and fix up the field so they can play... just because ppl wont come a buy the food... this league is for the players not anyone else!... and the parents and players shouldn't have to help clean it up... the city should take into consideration that mel can barley walk but still does what he can to keep the field up but im sorry he cant do it anymore... its the citys field... the city should take care of it and it wouldn't cost that much money... first of all invest in some lights... that will add games, players, and more teams. The b-s softball fields have lights and no one cares about softball... obviously something needs to b done. the city has no prob coming down and picking up garbage and painting... DIG UP SOME OF THE DAM DIRT AND PUT SOME ROCKS AND PEBBLES DOWN AND PUT THE DIRT BACK OVER IT! HELP THE RAIN DRAIN OUT OTHER THEN LETTING MOTHER NATURE TRY TO FIX IT.. IT DOSNT TAKE A ROCKET SCIENTIST TO FIGURE THAT OUT... and yet everyone wonders why the league gets smaller and smaller every year... again don't get me wrong I love mel and everything he tries to do but he just cant do it anymore and none of his family care to take over either (they care more about the money then he does)... going to city hall isn't helping, the city dosnt care either. don't know what else to do. for the ones who don't get playing time maybe you should of had your child more into baseball then throwing him into a league of 16 year old who can throw 70 mph... if your child dosnt know how to throw and hit by age 13 then baseball isn't the sport for him sorry, AND NO ONE CARES WHERE THE MONEY GOES WHO GIVES A-F?! ITS NOTGOING TO THE FIELD CUZ HE PAYS FOR THAT FIELD HE SHOULD HAVE TO PUT HIS PROFIT POCKET MONEY INTO THE CITY... THIS IS A BUSINESS PEOPLE!!... YOUR MONEY GOES TO THE CHILD THAT PLAYS BASEBALL AND HE PLAYS... DONT GET MAD CUZ YOU DONT EVER WIN THE RAFFEL... AGAIN THIS IS ABOUT THE KIDS!!! HELLO?!?!?! IF THE KIDS WANT TO PLAY LET THEM PLAY... F THE CLUBHOUSE F THE BURGERS F THE CITY THAT DONT CARE... bottem line the kids matter.. if your kid don't like it don't join.. if he likes it shut up and deal... again mel a good person... could care a little more but whatever its business... THE CITY NEEDS TO GET OFF THEIR LAZY ASSES AND GET TO THAT FIELD DURING THE OFFSEASON AND FIX IT UP AND I GUARENTTE SO MANY MORE PLAYERS WILL WANT TO PLAY AND THAT WILL MEAN MORE MONEY FOR THE PRESCIOUS CITY TO SPEND ON NEW POLICE CARS THAT WE GET EVERY OTHER YEAR.... k let me stop
ROCKIE_NO_MORE

Utica, NY

#55 Jun 19, 2013
ROCKIES?? WIN THE SHIP AGAIN?? I DONT THINK SO BUDDY IM PRETTY SURE THE YANKESS CAME IN AND SHUT SHYT DOWN... AND OH YEA WHERE R THE ROCKIES NOW? MEL GOT RID OF THEM CUZ THE COACH WAS A CHEATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR -BOOM-
David

Utica, NY

#56 Jul 10, 2013
Willie cant read wrote:
<quoted text>
Willie, the last post was Aug 2009, 20 months ago. So, since you opened this up again, let's clear the air. Mel is a clown. All he cares about is making money. He thinks it's his field. The pitcher's mound stunk. Now Mel made it into a pitcher's mountain. It's wayyyyyy too high. But, Mel and his cronies don't know because they don't even know how to throw a baseball. i hope to hell the City wises up and pulls his permit. There is no WAY 13 year olds should play on teams with 18 yeaar olds.
Must be you don't know nothing about baseball that pitchers mound is major league so it is not to high grow up and learn how to pitch. Wow if you had a 13 years old brother he cant play with you in a game with others on the street around your house why cause he is 13?? I seen some 13 year old players play better than 16 and 17 year olds
abc

Utica, NY

#57 Jul 10, 2013
THE CITY NEEDS TO GET OFF THEIR LAZY ASSES AND GET TO THAT FIELD DURING THE OFFSEASON AND FIX IT UP AND I GUARENTTE SO MANY MORE PLAYERS WILL WANT TO PLAY AND THAT WILL MEAN MORE MONEY FOR THE PRESCIOUS CITY TO SPEND ON NEW POLICE CARS THAT WE GET EVERY OTHER YEAR.... k let me stop

How will more players make more money for the city?

Will the city receive a fee from each player?

Will the city receive money for each team and game that is played on the field?

Will the city receive a maintenance fee?

If lights are wanted who would pay for this?

Does the city receive any money from this organization now?

We do need all kinds of activities for our children. As the adults in their lives we need to SHOW them that it takes a team to maintain where they play. Just like a family each member has responsibilities, each team should also.

If a family wants to go on vacation they have to earn and save for it, and a league that wants lights... also needs to earn and save.

hahah

Utica, NY

#58 Jul 18, 2013
ok well dont get me wrong but I think the league has been around since like 95... how long does it take to save up money??
Jim

Herkimer, NY

#59 Jul 19, 2013
The city gets paid a fee for the use of the field. It is possible to have more than one league share the field. There are not games there 7 days a week after all. The city could make money off that field, it's not rocket science.
David

Vernon Center, NY

#60 Jul 25, 2013
okay first the league has been around since 93. and the league don't want lights reason for this is cause many years ago lightening came down a pole went to home dugout through metal rods and burned couple of players from bolts on bench so after that the city took them out.@ Jim yes the league pays a fee for the season that gives mel use of the field 7 days a week all day everyday so it is not possible for them to share with another league and yes not everyday there is games now at one time there was games everyday with any league you need to have free days for makeup games and time to do work on the field between games. This work is not done by the city it is done only by the league (mel) & from time to time some other helping hands. The field is not in the shape it should be but you cant get water from a stone meaning for over 6 years now the league has been asking the city of Utica for some clay dirt to put on the field and the league always gets the answer that the city don't have the money, so if anyone wants to know where money goes I would ask the city where the fee that the league goes cause it don't go to use at that field. The city only comes around and collect the garbage pay for the power and water that's all they don't clean there or mow there or do any repairs. If anyone would like to discuss anything about the field they can ask me I have been there for the last 8 or 9 years and knows what goes on I help the league to make a place where young youth can enjoy themselves playing baseball.
Wheres the money dave

Tully, NY

#61 Jul 26, 2013
David wrote:
okay first the league has been around since 93. and the league don't want lights reason for this is cause many years ago lightening came down a pole went to home dugout through metal rods and burned couple of players from bolts on bench so after that the city took them out.@ Jim yes the league pays a fee for the season that gives mel use of the field 7 days a week all day everyday so it is not possible for them to share with another league and yes not everyday there is games now at one time there was games everyday with any league you need to have free days for makeup games and time to do work on the field between games. This work is not done by the city it is done only by the league (mel) & from time to time some other helping hands. The field is not in the shape it should be but you cant get water from a stone meaning for over 6 years now the league has been asking the city of Utica for some clay dirt to put on the field and the league always gets the answer that the city don't have the money, so if anyone wants to know where money goes I would ask the city where the fee that the league goes cause it don't go to use at that field. The city only comes around and collect the garbage pay for the power and water that's all they don't clean there or mow there or do any repairs. If anyone would like to discuss anything about the field they can ask me I have been there for the last 8 or 9 years and knows what goes on I help the league to make a place where young youth can enjoy themselves playing baseball.
So where is the money going ? Mel should pay the city...PER GAME. Or PER DAY. Thats what a city use permit application states....not per year. Its summer employment for Mel. Uniforms are ratty. Hell buy two three helmets a year. Took down the fences on the dugouts so..." Da kids, so day pay tension." Honest thats what he said. Have king mel open his books maybe hell get some respect.
David

Utica, NY

#62 Aug 10, 2013
What don't you understand first there is a lot of things that the money goes for I know what is paid out and taken in there is a small amount of money left over to get the next year started by the end of the season I am not going to get into all of it on here come see me I will tell you face to face we have nothing to hide I cant understand why people are so jealous nobody is becoming a millionaire run your own league the way you want and see how much it takes. NOTHING that is done at the field or for the league is FREE it needs to be paid for by the money that gets taken in the only thing that the league don't pay for is garbage collection, water, and electric everything else is paid for by the league like GAS FOR MOWING, UNIFORMS (HATS, BELTS, PANTS, SHIRTS, & SOCKS), UMPIRES ARE PAID FOR EACH GAME, FOOD AND DRINKS TO SELL, SUPPLIES, AND THINGS ARE BOUGHT TO F I X U P THE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE FIELD HOUSE *** THE CITY OWNS THIS BUT THE CITY DONT PAY FOR ANY OF THIS FIXING ***.... second you don't know what your talking about come see me I will show you the permit that the city gives to us it is posted every year inside at the field it states the date and the times for the league to use the field and the price is $200.00 for the YEAR again this is issued by the city of Utica for the use of the field we don't need to pay per game like they do at Murnane field which is owned by the county not the city or like DeLutis Field that's what they charge per game. It is the city that sets the charge for usage same as they charge for each softball team to play on other fields not sure what they charge now days though last I knew they charged for the season not each game. 3rd NEW UNIFORMS ITEMS ARE BOUGHT AS NEEDED FOR THE PRICE OF SIGNING UP YOU CANT GO AND BUY NEW UNIFORMS AND HAVE TEAM NAMES EVERY YEAR IT WOULD COST MORE THAT WHAT IS CHARGED. Then how will everything else get paid for? As far as the helmets go we don't need to supply helmets we have new helmets to use but every time new helmets are used they are returned without the padding do you think we take out the padding?? and do you think we should go and buy new helmets for every game cause the PLAYERS take the padding out??? The Oneida County Health Dept. told us that all players should buy there own helmets so we told players to do so and if they cant we have what we have to use. 4th THE CITY OF UTICA TOOK DOWN THE LIGHTS AND THE FENCE FROM THE DUGOUTS BECAUSE OF LIGHTNING PROBLEM THAT HURT PLAYERS YEARS AGO. and yes Mel don't want them back on and the city don't want to put them back on go look at Jack Price field there dugouts are new and wide open in front not even half a wall and done by the CITY. And finally the books are open but don't need to show any idiot like you if we chose not to yes I said idiot because of the way you talk about how people talk that's wrong I hope your child don't end up having a speech problem. I am almost sure of who this is I am talking to cause its the same old story from before just like the rest from the past years that was not happy they don't grow up and move on thanks again you are more than welcome to chat with me come see me anytime again we have nothing to HIDE. We don't need or care about your respect we know why people like you only worry about the money. again come see me I will not post anymore her to keep it going.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the ALPHABET game (Jul '11) 50 min Peppermint Stick 1,880
is karen free? 56 min Danny Mahoney 13
News In Whitesboro, residents fight another damaging... 2 hr KnockKnock 1
The 3 truths.... 2 hr Facts 1
Only in Tuckerton NJ 2 hr Facts 14
Who Cares About Cranberries Dead Singer 2 hr Facts 8
We all see Trump is finished. It's just a matte... 2 hr Facts 25
who know the dawn grillo story (Sep '08) 5 hr Tullio 135
Bodacious Ta-Ta's 7 hr LeBron 33
Sneaky brindisi 9 hr Brindisi wins 46
West Utica in the 70s-who/what do you remember (Dec '09) 10 hr Rocco J LaRocco 925
NH blocked Baskets post. 12 hr KOC 64

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages