Ed Hinko Baseball
lee utica ny

AOL

#22 Aug 4, 2008
I love that field and i think that mel is a very fair gentleman.. Thank you very much.... Hi sandy!!!!!!
Nappy Head Earl

Rome, NY

#23 Aug 4, 2008
What up with the umps at Ed hinko? Do they just ump Ed Hinko games? Are they just EH Umps?

They have their way about them...like they own the place.

keep wiffen, Earl
Rich and Pam NY

AOL

#24 Aug 4, 2008
The place is great for all the kids to just have fun and play baseball. The parents alot of the time start all this crap up anyway about other people. Let"s just be happy the kids have a nice and safe place to play baseball. People talk about the food too, I get a hot dog everytime i"m there wit my kids and i think the price is very low and that makes the place even that much better if you ask me. I even catch a good tune from the voice guy up above every now and then. Please keep up the great work gang, all of yall work hard to keep it so nice clean and safe. See yall at the next game!!=o)
watch out Ladies

AOL

#25 Aug 9, 2008
This is a nice League, Please married Ladies be on the look out for Amelia, her son plays on the league and she is busy chasing MARRIED men, I heard she has an STD,

watch out!!!!!!
TONY HATHAWAY

United States

#26 Aug 9, 2008
Mel oversteps his boundaries on a regular basis. He constantly pulls his puppet "umpires" to the side so they can harass coaches and players he doesn't care for. For instance, he has no busines walking onto the field in his apron, sandles and spatula and yelling directly at kids for his little pet peeves. This behavior is disrespectful to everyone, particularly the coaching staff, whom are volunteering their time! He needs to learn about a little something called a chain of command. This guy and his umps have huge egos, and they run the children's league similar to Gestapo. It's a damn shame the way in which he treats the coaches and the kids, particularly the colored ones....enough said. That league is a mere shadow of the leagues of past. Mel needs to shut his face and mind his grille during the games, and the umpire staff needs to put an end to the corruption. Overall, a very unprofessionally run organization. Please forward your experiences to the City, both good and bad. Believe me, one far outweighs the other, and this I am confident of.
foneguy

United States

#27 Aug 9, 2008
watch out Ladies wrote:
This is a nice League, Please married Ladies be on the look out for Amelia, her son plays on the league and she is busy chasing MARRIED men, I heard she has an STD,
watch out!!!!!!
I am rolling on the ground laughing! This is funnier than hell. My kid plays in this league too.
Red State

Oak Brook, IL

#28 Aug 9, 2008
it's f*cking disgusting; that's what it is!! imagine your son reading this site and some low life piece of sh*t drops your wifes name in the same manner as that a**hole did? have your son ask you (hopefully during supper) why mommy is [email protected] all the married dudes at the ballpark!!
foneguy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am rolling on the ground laughing! This is funnier than hell. My kid plays in this league too.
Red State

Oak Brook, IL

#29 Aug 9, 2008
lets just hope this kid does not read this site!!!!
foneguy

United States

#30 Aug 9, 2008
Red State wrote:
it's f*cking disgusting; that's what it is!! imagine your son reading this site and some low life piece of sh*t drops your wifes name in the same manner as that a**hole did? have your son ask you (hopefully during supper) why mommy is [email protected] all the married dudes at the ballpark!!
<quoted text>
I know her very well, she's not married, and trust me, she'd be laughing her ass off reading this.
Crazy Mell

Syracuse, NY

#31 Feb 13, 2009
Almost time to boycott the ED Stinko league, or Mel's summer income, whichever you prefer. He threw the Mohawk Valley League Umps out so everything is HIS way. He will scream at parents and kids for NO reason. Sign your kids up SOMEWHERE else or you will be disappointed.
Baseball Fan

New York, NY

#32 Feb 13, 2009
C'mon, give it a rest already. If you have a problem go and attend the meetings and make your points in an adult manor. My Son played there last year and will again this year. More than likely I will be coaching a team as well. THAT is how you get involved to make it better. There were things I did not like or agree with, that's why I got involved. Maybe if every prick parent who thinks they know it all would just STFU maybe there would be less drama there. I loved it when one father who is a lawyer threatened to punch Mel in the face, but wimped out when I walked over to stop the shouting. See, that's the problem, the majority of parents want to play arm chair coach and start trouble. Sorry if I'm ranting, but that's how I see it.
If you don't like it, either shut up and stay away, or get involved and make a difference.
Crazy Mell

Syracuse, NY

#33 Feb 15, 2009
Baseball Fan wrote:
C'mon, give it a rest already. If you have a problem go and attend the meetings and make your points in an adult manor. My Son played there last year and will again this year. More than likely I will be coaching a team as well. THAT is how you get involved to make it better. There were things I did not like or agree with, that's why I got involved. Maybe if every prick parent who thinks they know it all would just STFU maybe there would be less drama there. I loved it when one father who is a lawyer threatened to punch Mel in the face, but wimped out when I walked over to stop the shouting. See, that's the problem, the majority of parents want to play arm chair coach and start trouble. Sorry if I'm ranting, but that's how I see it.
If you don't like it, either shut up and stay away, or get involved and make a difference.
How does one attend meetings ? Where are they posted ? Oh, and good luck getting anywhere in that organization its a family affair. If Mel wasn't there and someone who knew how to act in front of young adults ran the show it would be better. Ranting and raving on the field because "He's the president (while holding a burger flipper) is NOT the way to handle ANYTHING !!
Baseball Fan

New York, NY

#34 Feb 15, 2009
Crazy Mell wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one attend meetings ? Where are they posted ? Oh, and good luck getting anywhere in that organization its a family affair. If Mel wasn't there and someone who knew how to act in front of young adults ran the show it would be better. Ranting and raving on the field because "He's the president (while holding a burger flipper) is NOT the way to handle ANYTHING !!
I will be more than happy to post the meetings when I hear of them.
Luvs Drama

AOL

#35 Feb 15, 2009
Me & my gfs go to the games just to watch the drama. Better than paying $9 at the movies.Nearly peed my pants laffing so hard at one game where a few moms were going at it.
Baseball Fan

New York, NY

#36 Feb 15, 2009
Luvs Drama wrote:
Me & my gfs go to the games just to watch the drama. Better than paying $9 at the movies.Nearly peed my pants laffing so hard at one game where a few moms were going at it.
Yea, it gets a bit crazy from time to time huh? Most of the time it's the parents who ruin it. You should have been there when this one guy (I won't say who) wanted to punch Mel. To make it worse, he actually came back too. When the cops came he tried to threaten them by saying he was a lawyer. That went over like a fart in church. This guy is a joke at the High School games too.
Kids not registering

Syracuse, NY

#37 Mar 4, 2009
My son who played his last year in the league last summer told me a bunch of kids ( 7 or 8) arent signing up because they hated it. Thats just kids he knows. They're going to be hurting over there unless something changes in that league.
Finally over

Manlius, NY

#38 Aug 12, 2009
As a coach this year it was a very long season.It is the most frustrating league i've ever been associated with. The umps are terrible.If you question a call your labled a trouble maker. The equipment is old. Helmets have no padding. The field is horrible. Mel thinks its his field and wont listen to anything you say.I hope some else takes over next year. Its finally over
Dummy Up

Long Eddy, NY

#39 Aug 13, 2009
Finally over wrote:
As a coach this year it was a very long season.It is the most frustrating league i've ever been associated with. The umps are terrible.If you question a call your labled a trouble maker. The equipment is old. Helmets have no padding. The field is horrible. Mel thinks its his field and wont listen to anything you say.I hope some else takes over next year. Its finally over
The problem is that NO ONE stands up to the crazy old man. The helmets are crappy, totally unsafe. He ripped the screens off of the dugouts so the kids "Pay attention." The pitcher's mound isn't elevated. Catcher's equipment is old, helmets for catchers have ZERO padding. All he cares about is his beloved concession stand. Hey, go try to play catch with your kid down there now. The season is over and Crazy Mel has the field LOCKED UP !!! Last I checked it was City property, not Mel's field. I hope next year other people run the league and run him and the umps out. Let's hear it for the "trouble makers."
Willie Rodriguez

Baldwinsville, NY

#40 Jan 27, 2011
You Know I had a son who played there and it was Great.I didn't Always agree with Mel However his heart as well as Sandy's is always in the right spot. Ive noticed that those who criticized have left there names off post, why not own up to your comments and step to the plate and put your name on any digitization, its easy to criticize when you aren't the one running the program or putting time into it.
Willie Rodriguez UTICA

Baldwinsville, NY

#41 Jan 27, 2011
I don't want to run this Dead Horse Into the Ground, However I have never seen more then one or two parents offer to come on a SAT when no games being Played and help make improvements to the field. Actually its the CITY OF UTICA whom OWENS the FIELD and guess what I don't see the parents Calling the city and saying hey the infield needs to be updated or the Pitchers Mound is a pancake what are you guys doing about it ;lol What a joke you are putting down a man and women whom have provided over 25+ years to the youth of Utica for issues that are best addressed with the CITY OF UTICA YOUTH DEPARTMENT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AAU basketball in Utica (Feb '10) 16 min travel a little 9
Another shady Utica Comets Audit? 30 min Sgt Schultz 14
Comets Leaving.... 33 min Sgt Schultz 28
Post your A.Brindisi FAIL tale!!! 36 min Shagged By Ron 6
comets-crunch news conference wendsday (Jun '14) 36 min FEMALE ONE AN DONE 18
Who is Sarah millan? 1 hr Roastbeef 70
Steet Ponte Ford Service (Jun '14) 1 hr Diesel Owner 15
Bella Regina wins best riggies 1 hr amos moses 20

Utica Jobs

More from around the web