Perceptive but it still doesn't make it right
Do you play games with him or her?
Sad

Syracuse, NY

#8 Jan 20, 2014
Grr wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think She or He may play games?
Not together

Smithfield, RI

#9 Jan 20, 2014
Grr wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm just saying if u knowingly are with someone who is in a relationship what do u expect? Are you really that desperate?
Seriously

Utica, NY

#10 Jan 20, 2014
Move on. There are lots if good people out there. Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it. Ask yourself. Is that the kind of person you really want? No morals, no values and most of all not trust worthy.
Happy former Princess

New York, NY

#11 Jan 20, 2014
Seriously wrote:
Move on. There are lots if good people out there. Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it. Ask yourself. Is that the kind of person you really want? No morals, no values and most of all not trust worthy.
You could not be more correct! I did it, and the freedom from the lies, deceit, threats and games has been liberating. Of you hav to constantly be a detective, it's not a relationship
Seriously

Utica, NY

#12 Jan 20, 2014
Some people spend years going through their lives playing detective with their significant others. What a sad waste of a life.
Grr

Springfield, MA

#13 Jan 20, 2014
Happy former Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not be more correct! I did it, and the freedom from the lies, deceit, threats and games has been liberating. Of you hav to constantly be a detective, it's not a relationship
How many times did you quit and go back before you finally left?
Tell them

Albany, NY

#14 Jan 20, 2014
Grr wrote:
More than 3 years together and you still run game on me. "I appreciate it"
Why not confront the situation rather then post on topix.
Grr

Springfield, MA

#15 Jan 20, 2014
Tell them wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not confront the situation rather then post on topix.
I'm doing that, I was frustrated and frankly didn't expect any responses. Some of the remarks have been my thoughts or close so it's been a surprise.
I'm done posting, thanks for all your thoughts
Happy former Princess

Utica, NY

#16 Jan 20, 2014
Grr wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times did you quit and go back before you finally left?
For the last 6 months of the relationship, I knew that it was over. I cared for him, which made it difficult, and I was hoping he would change. He wasnt cheating, just playing childish games, being vindictive, shutting me out, threatening to cheat and turn my friends against me, hitting me, insulting my kids (to me, not in front of them), forcing me into comprimising situations, and messing with my head as a means to control me. It ended very badly. We have no contact which I prefer. Not sure I ever want to see him again, to be honest. Believe me. It isn't easy, but in time, perspective returns and life is so much better. Good luck. You deserve better.
I am the upgrade

Utica, NY

#17 Jan 20, 2014
Why would anyone put up with any of that awful treatment? Get some therapy and move on
yesiree

Selkirk, NY

#18 Jan 20, 2014
<quoted text>For the last 6 months of the relationship, I knew that it was over. I cared for him, which made it difficult, and I was hoping he would change. He wasnt cheating, just playing childish games, being vindictive, shutting me out, threatening to cheat and turn my friends against me, hitting me, insulting my kids (to me, not in front of them), forcing me into comprimising situations, and messing with my head as a means to control me. It ended very badly. We have no contact which I prefer. Not sure I ever want to see him again, to be honest. Believe me. It isn't easy, but in time, perspective returns and life is so much better. Good luck. You deserve better.
And you did nothing to provoke him? Victim mentality will only get you so far. Take responsibility for your poor choices and don't blame others. We all know if it's wrong from the get go. Sometimes we stick it out longer than we should. Either way, it's all a learning experience and hopefully you learned. Be thankful for that.
Red

Utica, NY

#19 Jan 20, 2014
<quoted text>
For the last 6 months of the relationship, I knew that it was over. I cared for him, which made it difficult, and I was hoping he would change. He wasnt cheating, just playing childish games, being vindictive, shutting me out, threatening to cheat and turn my friends against me, hitting me, insulting my kids (to me, not in front of them), forcing me into comprimising situations, and messing with my head as a means to control me. It ended very badly. We have no contact which I prefer. Not sure I ever want to see him again, to be honest. Believe me. It isn't easy, but in time, perspective returns and life is so much better. Good luck. You deserve better.
sounds like someone i know
Happy former Princess

Utica, NY

#22 Jan 21, 2014
yesiree wrote:
<quoted text>
And you did nothing to provoke him? Victim mentality will only get you so far. Take responsibility for your poor choices and don't blame others. We all know if it's wrong from the get go. Sometimes we stick it out longer than we should. Either way, it's all a learning experience and hopefully you learned. Be thankful for that.
There is no mention of blame, as was why I stated I regained perspective. I have taken responsibility that I chose a person of bad character, who dragged me down with them; and I held on for too long. The author asked when I knew it was over, which was the basis of my response. Although there are always 2 sides to a story, and often co-contaminators to a relationship, some things are pretty clear. NO, I did not provoke the behavior, unless having self respect is provocation? No one deserves abuse - NO one; To imply otherwise is ignorant. We all have choices, we all have free will, but safety is a primary concern in many cases, such as mine. I am not a victim, I have NO regrets, however I am a survivor. We need to acknowledge that there are just bad people out there. I have been with a wonderful, loving person for almost 2 years.. I would never accept anything less again. Any yes, I am very thankful those years are very far behind me, and lessons were learned

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remington to lay off 105 workers in NY 7 min take my picture 109
BOCES- uncertified teachers 1 hr concerned parent 1
The best Workers Comp lawyer locally? (Jun '11) 1 hr 315Uca 33
Westmoreland Rd Elementary School Whitesboro - ... 1 hr anonymous 46
Koguts suing SUNY Brockport 1 hr black friend 7
PANCAKES FLAT KOguts STILL GETTING DEGREE IN U... 2 hr POUND CAKE PUS 1
coach hobin-a positive role model!!?? 3 hr yes 5
Teb's son arrested from NH. 3 hr GFY 18
NH Coach blames Whitesboro 3 hr Really 6
Ground Broken For N Utica Texas Roadhouse 5 hr Smoky McBuzz 22