UCP- Pathetic Treatment of Employees

UCP- Pathetic Treatment of Employees

Posted in the Utica Forum

Zach

Vernon, NY

#1 Jul 27, 2014
What will this agency do when the minimum raise becomes $10.00 per hour.? Oh, lets see, they'll be forced to pay a ,"Living Wage," to their employees. Suck on it UCP, and all your rhetoric about how effing rewarding the job is. Here's rewarding for you, being able to stay out of poverty.

STOP EXPLOITING YOUR WORK FORCE AND JUST MAYBE YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO RETAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES.!!

I have a four year degree with decades of experience. But most importantly, I know the difference between a rain storm and someone pissing on my shoe. I know how hard the residence counselors work. I will be leaving this oppressive agency ASAP. Please think twice before applying to this agency, or you will regret it. They have well over 80 vacancies on their website. WTF does that tell ya?
Zach

Vernon, NY

#2 Jul 27, 2014
Whoops sorry for the typo, I meant to say,"Minimum wage." See what happens when you type PO'D LOL
Catherine

Little Falls, NY

#3 Aug 2, 2014
they have well over 250 job openings now!!!
Boom Shaka

Westwood, MA

#5 Aug 2, 2014
Let's face it. Any idiot can work at UCP.
Zach

Ilion, NY

#7 Aug 3, 2014
Catherine wrote:
they have well over 250 job openings now!!!
Yep, and there is a reason for all those openings. It is a hellhole. There are no consequences for the violent daily assaults on staff and other clients. Thus enabling the violent behaviors to continue. I pray that at some point Medicaid investigates the whole scam operation, because it is in fact MA that runs the whole Op. Seen enough, heard enough, will be leaving within the month.
Zach

Ilion, NY

#8 Aug 3, 2014
one potato two wrote:
90% of the clients are potatoes, you don't need someone with a degree. They could get ARC clients to work there.
Very true,however, most are psychotic violent potatoes. LOL
cant stand it

Herkimer, NY

#9 Jan 7, 2015
The turnover rate for UCP is unreal, they dont know how to handle any issues with employees, they pride themselves on not being in a union.. they need to,, the employees need someone to stand up and fight for them, ucp uses the workers , paying them as little as possible and if they make any sort of complaint or go talk to HR , they are usually terminated, someone just got terminated bc they were being treated unfairly, however the people who treated her bad they are related to one of the big bosses, so they didnt do a thing , and ended up suspending her without pay then had her resign, unreal.. I hate this agency, its dirty...
UCP Employee

Rome, NY

#10 Jan 9, 2015
A job but that doesn't mean anything good. This joke is what is the difference between DDSO and UCP and the answer is about twenty thousand dollars a year less at UCP.
Cons

Low Pay, Poor Benefits, people fired or quit all the time..Injuries by clients. Forced overtime and taking lots of abuse from clients and other staff.
uhummm

Gouverneur, NY

#11 Jan 11, 2015
UCP Employee wrote:
A job but that doesn't mean anything good. This joke is what is the difference between DDSO and UCP and the answer is about twenty thousand dollars a year less at UCP.
Cons
Low Pay, Poor Benefits, people fired or quit all the time..Injuries by clients. Forced overtime and taking lots of abuse from clients and other staff.
If you don't like the pay at UCP, you can always consider not spending time on Topix and bashing the place, and using that time to fill out an application to the DDSO.
Sarah

Sherrill, NY

#12 Jan 11, 2015
uhummm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like the pay at UCP, you can always consider not spending time on Topix and bashing the place, and using that time to fill out an application to the DDSO.
DDSO is trash
Red27

Windham, NY

#13 Jan 30, 2015
Yeah they also let their employees date each other working the same shift same days and everything, and also they are probably screwing around at work too, great place that keeps track of it too
Jim

Rome, NY

#14 Jan 31, 2015
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
DDSO is trash
You are a moron! DDSO even lowest tier you get way better benefits, pay and are represented by a union. What does UCP give you after 10 years a your fired stupid? 10 years is vesting for DDSO pension. So shut up goofball.
Nasty

Herkimer, NY

#17 Jul 28, 2016
Ucp is very dirty. Their hr dept is corrupt.. it is a horrible place to work. God forbid you have a issue and need some assistance they will terminate you..I feel for the clients in the program. It's a bad agency.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
attn 75 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRIES... (Jul '16) 1 min SILLY CHIMPS 112
Who remembers 1960's shopping/ eating in the 60's? (Oct '09) 1 min Rapidralphf 77
shooting ENDS FOR 2MINS UTICA /\|lGGERS LEARN N... 2 min SILLY CHIMPS 19
Utica's FAILED economic recovery. Whose to blame? 3 min Aldis workers 23
Meet the REAL Brindisis of Utica! 4 min Clown city 38
Utican's welfare economy mindset..... 6 min Clown city 21
`Utica's silly pipedreams 2 years later! LOOOOL! 7 min sad sad sad 22
Another shady Utica Comets Audit? 12 min Dodgy books 105
Protest in front of the State Building now 12 min Stay Free 33
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 8 hr IND 782

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages