What is most important for area to pr...

What is most important for area to prosper and grow

Created by Pick One on Mar 30, 2013

38 votes

Click on an option to vote

Lower Taxes

Raise Taxes

Elect different Politicains

Offer business Incentives

Consolidate services between towns

Consolidate schools

Bring in Control Board

Reduction in City/County Spending

AHL Hockey Team

Man tower at Griffiss

jock

Whitesboro, NY

#1 Mar 30, 2013
something to do! some culture!
peter puck

Manlius, NY

#2 Mar 30, 2013
An AHL Hockey Team
a Utican

Carthage, NY

#3 Mar 30, 2013
Get rid of all the Black Trash and immigrants that only suck the life right out of Utica with all their "entitlements".

No business will come to Utica as all the educated work force has left in search of better jobs leaving behind nothing more than drug dealers and other criminals.
Rock Ridge

Manlius, NY

#5 Mar 30, 2013
Hydro fracking; let's use our natural resources.
Vote

Manlius, NY

#6 Mar 30, 2013
So far vote says we need new politicians. I agree. Hope we have some good options in the next election...
a thought or two

Utica, NY

#7 Mar 30, 2013
From everything that I have read, hydrofracking appears to have a solid track record in terms of safety issues despite what it's opposition claims. I am neither for or against it at this time. I've watched how its turned regional economies around such as the Pittsburg, PA area. I also see that much of the opposition for Upstate NY is being funded with downstate dollars. Presumably a concerted effort to maintain political and economic control of the state. I think this is a great start for a comprehensive regional plan.
Yep

Manlius, NY

#8 Mar 31, 2013
a thought or two wrote:
From everything that I have read, hydrofracking appears to have a solid track record in terms of safety issues despite what it's opposition claims. I am neither for or against it at this time. I've watched how its turned regional economies around such as the Pittsburg, PA area. I also see that much of the opposition for Upstate NY is being funded with downstate dollars. Presumably a concerted effort to maintain political and economic control of the state. I think this is a great start for a comprehensive regional plan.
Looks like some downstate lobbying groups are breaking the law:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/0...

All of this opposition is crazy. It appears the more times people or groups state non-factual and non-scientific information that it becomes fact over time....
Old timer

Utica, NY

#9 Mar 31, 2013
a Utican wrote:
Get rid of all the Black Trash and immigrants that only suck the life right out of Utica with all their "entitlements".
No business will come to Utica as all the educated work force has left in search of better jobs leaving behind nothing more than drug dealers and other criminals.
I agree with your second statement but the first is just an uneducated comment, so may I suggest you take a little time to educate yourself.
Old timer

Utica, NY

#10 Mar 31, 2013
Rock Ridge wrote:
Hydro fracking; let's use our natural resources.
Wrong, wrong on so may levels.
Old timer

Utica, NY

#11 Mar 31, 2013
Vote wrote:
So far vote says we need new politicians. I agree. Hope we have some good options in the next election...
Who do you suggest that has a proven record and is willing to do it for the good of the people and not for what they may get from it?
Old timer

Utica, NY

#12 Mar 31, 2013
I also see that much of the opposition for Upstate NY is being funded with downstate dollars. Presumably a concerted effort to maintain political and economic control of the state.

I disagree downstate wants it upstate so they can reap the benefits of the energy without any of the hazards of producing it. This would not change the political power structure at all.
Hmmm

Manlius, NY

#13 Mar 31, 2013
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Who do you suggest that has a proven record and is willing to do it for the good of the people and not for what they may get from it?
New politicians will not have a proven record though having certain education requirements could be helpful when defining who may be best for the job. Obviously everyone has to begin their political career (and it should not be a career) without a proven record. In my opinion the records of current politicians have proven not to be very good for this area and it is time for change...
My 2cents

Syracuse, NY

#14 Mar 31, 2013
If i could have, i would have clicked all of them ! We do need new politicians, but there is only so much they can do, down state has to much pull over upstate. More and more people are leaving the state, especially from up here, pretty soon there will be more takers than tax payers. Very sad.
fact

United States

#15 Mar 31, 2013
Get rid of all the black trash
Crazy Utican

Manlius, NY

#16 Mar 31, 2013
Hard to believe people think an AHL team is the second most important thing required for this area to grow. Many of the items in the poll are important but woould think an AHL team would be near the bottom....
Fort Whitesboro

Albany, NY

#17 Mar 31, 2013
Crazy Utican wrote:
Hard to believe people think an AHL team is the second most important thing required for this area to grow. Many of the items in the poll are important but woould think an AHL team would be near the bottom....
The area needs business and an increase of the quality of life.
Sara

Manlius, NY

#18 Mar 31, 2013
Why do we need the number of UFD and UPD members in Utica? Utica's population in 1960 was 100,410. In 2000 our population was 60,651. Also, why do they have pensions and free health care for life? What about 401K? The public safety budgets are out of control and the UPD and UFD are overpaid. Property owners keep getting the shaft. I think its is time for the state to send in a control board to take over the city and at that time the police/fire contracts will be voided. If something isn't done Utica will never and prosper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Do 90 Percent Of Blacks Live in POVERTY 14 min The Cracker 63
Utica coffee what do you think of them 16 min Steve 10
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 36 min orange girly man ... 755
TRUMP looked so stupid. 37 min Never Hillary 49
Election Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 43 min ooh 6,374
Foley builders (Mar '10) 49 min Concerned client 23
look at the guilt on this clowns face 52 min YOUR MASTER 2
Calling out Joleen Ferris (Oct '08) 59 min George Hamiltion 95
House of Good Shepherd 2 hr Judge Judy 43
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 12 hr Subie 463
Sad Marriages 13 hr Linda 25

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages