Life as a Sex Offender!!

Life as a Sex Offender!!

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Insanity

Brooklyn, NY

#1 May 22, 2013
To Whom it May Concern:
My life is Hell! In 1996 I was involved in a consensual relationship with a 16 year old girl. I was 21 at the time, we dated 3 months.We broke up and just over a year later she pressed charges. I was charged with Rape in the 3rd degree in New York State. I took a Plea deal which gave me 6 Months in county jail and 5 years probation. If I knew then what I know now I would have have seriously thought about the deal I was about to make.
I took the deal in 1998, I was told I would also have to register as a sex offender for 10 years. Of course around here in about 2006 the laws and conditions changed dramatically. I was living with a relative in 2006, a local ordinance was put in place where sex offender level 2 or 3 could not live within 1500 feet of a school or playground. So I was given 30 days to move. I am a level 2. Then I was informed that my picture was on the Internet. So that's when I found out about watchdog.com . I was devastated but still held out hope as at this point I thought I had only two years left to be on the list as was my sentence. Well that has also changed.

Judged:

12

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Insanity

Brooklyn, NY

#2 May 22, 2013
It was first raised to 20 years I must register then went to 30 years and now is a Lifetime registration subject to relief. I have had several jobs that I excelled at only after a period of time someone saw my picture and rumors and pictures started to flow around the work place. I have not been able to maintain steady employment because of constant harassment and being the general public sees no difference between Rape 3rd (Statutory) and 1st Degree which is by force, I am a monster to my community. I am called pedophile , child molester, rapist etc etc etc. I have had posters stapled to telephone poles near my home which state this. Told by local police this is not against the law.
I am currently on SSI/SSD as I now have Severe Anxiety and Depressive disorder. I have become some what introverted as I always think I am being talked about and judged when I am around people, and in quite a few cases i am correct. I live in a small town/city and I am VERY well known. I have lost pretty much all hope of any kind of a successful meaningful life. I almost feel uncomfortable around kids now , not because of what I might do but because of the constant harassment I receive from others. I am dating or in a relationship with a elected official. I lived with her in the past but cannot live with her now as her address will effect her re-election this year. She does not need nor deserve the attention or harassment that I receive.
These laws are so out of whack. I am lumped in with all other offenders, from the man or woman who sneaks into a small child's room and commits disgusting acts, to a man/woman who would kidnap and violently rape someone. The general public hears " Sex Offender" and you are a POS that's it. I have done quite a bit of research on this since it has consumed my life since and since the laws were dramatically toughened. In 32 other states what I did was not even a crime. Sixteen is the legal age, but in New York it's 17 so I am a Monster for life. I cannot attend a school play, go to a park. Reside near a school or a park. I have my picture posted online like a Monster and neighbors steer clear of me as if I am one. I have had no similar charges but after 8 years the laws made me into one. This is unconstitutional. I pled guilty and accepted a ten year term on the list but they raised it to life. This in my eyes it is Double Jeopardy, It would be no different then for example Pleading guilty to say DWI accept a fine and a 1 year suspension on your license. Then when your fine is payed and your time without your license is almost over they just say well now we think you shouldn't have a license for ten years, without a hearing or a chance to defend myself.
My only hope for relief is to petition the court for relief, to lower my sex offender level from a level 2 to a level 1 , then after 20 years I can petition the court to be removed. This is disgraceful. I know the Supreme Court has ruled this to be constitutional but they are WRONG! I am no saint by any means but I am not this monster society sees me as. I believe this to be a form of social torture. I cannot work, I have Anxiety and Depression I never had before, I do not feel comfortable being out in the local public as I feel I will be recognized and ridiculed. I have lost all quality of life and have contemplated suicide and actually been admitted to a Mental Hospital.
Insanity

Brooklyn, NY

#3 May 22, 2013
Let me quickly discuss another situation i endured. In May/June 2011 I moved out of my Girlfriends house. I briefly went to stay with family while I found a place. Well I have 10 days to register an address or I am guilty of a Felony for not registering my address. Being Homeless is illegal punishable by 4 years in prison. Well I was staying with Family and I had to register my address, well the address was flagged as me living there and the landlord of my family member was told i had to leave ASAP or she would be evicted. So I had no legal residence on the 9th day one more day I would be guilty of a felony so i went to the Mental Hospital and told them I was going to harm myself, of course I had ni intention of doing so. On the way to the Hospital I sent a letter to Albany stating the Hospital was my address. After a few days I was released and the clock started again. Ten days to find a place, well let me say that for the next 6 weeks or so I was looking for a place and unable to find one would go back to the Mental Hospital and repeat the cycle every 9th day until I was able to find an apartment through help of public assistance. I am able to work Physically but Mentally I am a mess. I just do not know how much longer I can keep this up i am so sick of living with the false label society has given me, I just do not know what to do anymore. I am asking for help. I am asking to contribute to society in anyway I can. I have to fight these inhuman, unconstitutional laws. If I am not proactive and fight this I feel I will never crawl out of this giant pit of dispair. I feel with the current laws they want me Jobless and or in prison. Is there no redemtion for me? Can a poor mistake in judgement 16 years ago never be understood or forgiven? Am I forever to be an outcast or can I become a productive member of society again? Please help as I have lost all hope. Thank You for your time.
Sincerly,
Monster

Judged:

11

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
homeowner

Carthage, NY

#4 May 22, 2013
You will find it very difficult to find anyone that sympatizes with your problems.

Anyone age 16 is "rape bait" and not mature enough to give their consent to sexual intercourse - that is why the law calls it statutory rape.

Until statistics prove that sex offenders can be rehabilitated, you will just have to live with the consequences of your prior actions.
wahwahwah

Ithaca, NY

#5 May 22, 2013
16 will get you 20. YOU were the adult. It was YOUR responsibility to say no. Granted, it's not as bad as someone who molests a 9 year old, rapes and old lady, but don't sit there and cry a river over something you KNEW was illegal, whether she said yes or not.
Funny

Ithaca, NY

#6 May 22, 2013
Well in 32 States, they say 16 is legal age and able to give consent. So actually your in the minority. I knew what I was doing at 16 and had sex , even sought out a couple guys that were older and had sex and dated them. I always liked older guys. When I was younger I probably had sex with 3-4 guys that's were over 18. Should I charge them with rape? There is no statue of limitations on rape, should I destroy their lives for something I sought out to do? Doesn't make sense that in New York your a Dangerous person because you date or sleep with someone a few months to young, yet in most of the country it's totally legal nothing wrong with it. Doesn't make much sense to me. So even though I sought guys out and had sex with them when I was younger , I was raped? So I am a victim and should destroy their lives? I know for a fact 1 is a Correctional Officer now. Some laws are just not right!
Travesty

Ithaca, NY

#7 May 22, 2013
What about Lawrence Taylor he did the same thing he's a level 1 and doesn't have to report or have his picture online. What about the Garramone Brothers whose father was a Utica Judge and Brother is currently a Ass. District Attorney in Oneida County, The two brothers had sex and took naked pictures of a 15 year old girl, they were charged with rape, but because of who they where related to they don't have to register, the charges were dropped so low only because they are related to prominent members of the community, but in all reality what makes them any less dangerous then anyone else? They took naked pictures of a 15 year old and BOTH had sex with her. Yet they are not on any list!! I agree with the poster of this, that 16 is not something you should have to register for for the rest of your life, it's just wrong.!!
im doing fine

Whitesboro, NY

#8 May 22, 2013
I stay in north utica for free at a somewhat nice motel. I have coupons for free meals so hardly pay for that and I walk around alot, have a job at a car wash and have a girlfriend.
Insanity

Ithaca, NY

#9 May 22, 2013
Not crying a river just explaining what i go through. I agreed to 10 years on the list and got life. I admitted my part and accepted responsibility and a deal, they broke it! I mean i'll live with it, but you the Tax Payers are paying for it as well, I get SSDI , free Rent, Food Stamps, and FREE Medical for life! Because I am unable to work, because of what I go through. So ok, you want the laws the way they are then NEVER complain about your taxes going up! Because I make about $25,000-$30,000 a year with everything I get TAX FREE. So ok i'll live with it just like I have been, but the tax payers are paying for me to live. I'd rather work, I have a 4 year degree, but because I have to report my work and it's posted online I can't maintain a job. So until the law changes I get to live for free with a screwed up label! Not crying just stating facts!
im doing fine

Whitesboro, NY

#10 May 22, 2013
Insanity wrote:
Not crying a river just explaining what i go through. I agreed to 10 years on the list and got life. I admitted my part and accepted responsibility and a deal, they broke it! I mean i'll live with it, but you the Tax Payers are paying for it as well, I get SSDI , free Rent, Food Stamps, and FREE Medical for life! Because I am unable to work, because of what I go through. So ok, you want the laws the way they are then NEVER complain about your taxes going up! Because I make about $25,000-$30,000 a year with everything I get TAX FREE. So ok i'll live with it just like I have been, but the tax payers are paying for me to live. I'd rather work, I have a 4 year degree, but because I have to report my work and it's posted online I can't maintain a job. So until the law changes I get to live for free with a screwed up label! Not crying just stating facts!
Come live with me
I Bet

Long Island City, NY

#11 May 22, 2013
Isn't it ironic that less than 17 can't make a decision regarding having sex, but a 15 year old can make a responsible decision to buy a over the counter pill that is basically abortion on demand.

“I'm Always Around ”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

Ithaca, NY

#12 May 22, 2013
It's not illegal to be homeless in NY no matter hat list you might be on.
classy lady

Carthage, NY

#13 May 22, 2013
Funny wrote:
Well in 32 States, they say 16 is legal age and able to give consent. So actually your in the minority. I knew what I was doing at 16 and had sex , even sought out a couple guys that were older and had sex and dated them. I always liked older guys. When I was younger I probably had sex with 3-4 guys that's were over 18. Should I charge them with rape? There is no statue of limitations on rape, should I destroy their lives for something I sought out to do? Doesn't make sense that in New York your a Dangerous person because you date or sleep with someone a few months to young, yet in most of the country it's totally legal nothing wrong with it. Doesn't make much sense to me. So even though I sought guys out and had sex with them when I was younger , I was raped? So I am a victim and should destroy their lives? I know for a fact 1 is a Correctional Officer now. Some laws are just not right!
All your rambling only says one thing - you are nothing but a slut.
wow

Whitesboro, NY

#14 May 22, 2013
Funny wrote:
Well in 32 States, they say 16 is legal age and able to give consent. So actually your in the minority. I knew what I was doing at 16 and had sex , even sought out a couple guys that were older and had sex and dated them. I always liked older guys. When I was younger I probably had sex with 3-4 guys that's were over 18. Should I charge them with rape? There is no statue of limitations on rape, should I destroy their lives for something I sought out to do? Doesn't make sense that in New York your a Dangerous person because you date or sleep with someone a few months to young, yet in most of the country it's totally legal nothing wrong with it. Doesn't make much sense to me. So even though I sought guys out and had sex with them when I was younger , I was raped? So I am a victim and should destroy their lives? I know for a fact 1 is a Correctional Officer now. Some laws are just not right!
Back then, u were a dirtbag pig
Smoker

Brooklyn, NY

#15 May 22, 2013
Sad

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#16 May 22, 2013
That is a shitty situation. There should be more levels as a youthful mistake shouldn't ruin your life.
Insanity

Brooklyn, NY

#17 May 23, 2013
Yes it is illegal. In NYS if you are on the Sex Offender Registry you have to provide the Local law enforcement or Albany of your adress within 10 days time. If you do not do so you are Guilty of a Felony for Failing to report! Trust me I explored every option before commiting myself to the Mental Health Unit. I once went so far as to ask a Judge to put me in Jail for a Small fine I owed which he did because I could then use the Jail as my address and by me some time.
Titanium22 wrote:
It's not illegal to be homeless in NY no matter hat list you might be on.
Insanity

Brooklyn, NY

#18 May 23, 2013
Thank You Weller, very rare for me to hear anything besides hate and distain. It is true, I see people that are level 2 like me for molesting 8 and 9 year old little kids. Yes I made a mistake almost 2 decades ago and admited my mistake. I just would lik ethe chance to redeem myself. For the life of me I cannot understand why in 32 States what I did is legal , but in NY it is A Felony and I am Labeled a Monster. How can I be a monster in one state and completely ok in another? Of course I would never repeat this act and GOD knows would change it if I could, but I cannot, I just want to move on with a chance at life. Murderers don't have to tell you where they live when they get out. Why should havin a relationship with a girl 3 months to young destroy my life forever? But it has!!
KY WELLER wrote:
That is a shitty situation. There should be more levels as a youthful mistake shouldn't ruin your life.

“I'm Always Around ”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

Ithaca, NY

#19 May 23, 2013
Insanity wrote:
Yes it is illegal. In NYS if you are on the Sex Offender Registry you have to provide the Local law enforcement or Albany of your adress within 10 days time. If you do not do so you are Guilty of a Felony for Failing to report! Trust me I explored every option before commiting myself to the Mental Health Unit. I once went so far as to ask a Judge to put me in Jail for a Small fine I owed which he did because I could then use the Jail as my address and by me some time.
<quoted text>
You're correct. You must provide a change of address within 10 days. But you can give them an address of "homeless". The only state where it's illegal to be homeless as a sex offender is Georgia.
What

Ithaca, NY

#20 May 23, 2013
You say Im a slut yet you call these men scumbags? I made mistakes and poor judgements when i was younger, not a slut. If a man did it hes a stud. According to most of these posts I am the victim of Rape!!! And your calling me a slut?? Doesnt make sence I am a Rape victim, a survivor just because I sought these men out doenst make me wrong it means I was raped!!!
classy lady wrote:
<quoted text>All your rambling only says one thing - you are nothing but a slut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Uterines Sabatoge their Ghetto and Identity 1 min In your own words 9
Meet the REAL Brindisis of Utica! 1 min Classic CNY Phonies 17
Utica's FAILED economic recovery. Whose to blame? 1 min In your own words 8
Boycott RedBox 3 min LMAO at DUNCE 54
Another shady Utica Comets Audit? 4 min In your own words 22
Andrew Cuomo's Land GRAB! 6 min Married with Chil... 3
lol 12 AFRICANS DIE EVERY MINUTE DUE TO HUNGER ... (Jul '16) 6 min no jowls for you ... 40
Comets Leaving.... 7 min no 888 for you LMAO 32
Poll Kim Simon Murder (Feb '10) 20 min Proven 4,910
Bella Regina wins best riggies 4 hr amos moses 20

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages