200 NY Thruway Authority workers face...
Truth

Utica, NY

#43 May 10, 2013
noyb wrote:
wow - most comments on here sound uninformed. tolls maintain the road, it is not run by the state and does not receive tax $. If it is turned over to DOT your taxes go up. Alot of states/countries are going to toll roads... it is most efficient because instead of taxes paying for upkeep, it is the toll money collected (those who use the road) that pay for it.
Wrong

The New York State Thruway is part of the United States Interstate Highway System and is partially supported by federal taxpayer dollars. Only about 6% of the US Interstate System is tolled with most of the tolled roads being in the northeast. New York has the distinction of having the longest toll road in the US Interstate System. You guessed it, the New York State Thruway.

The New York State Thruway is under the control of the New York State Thruway Authority. One of hundreds of public authorities which are actually quasi-government agencies. As an authority they are able to borrow (bond) for money without going through a legislative process but as with all of the authorities in New York, the taxpayers are on the hook when the authority can't pay.

It is you that is uninformed. Are you a NYSTA employee? Are you getting your take on this from your union newsletter?

The NYSTA should be dissolved. Jurisdiction for the Thruway should be turned over to NYSDOT (like they do it in most other states with US Interstate highways) and funding will come from the feds as it does now. Better yet, privatize. the private sector will find a better and more efficient way to maintain the roadway and guess what? The employees won't be in the union or getting the New York State pension that is another anchor around the neck of this state.

A tolled intersate is just another in a long list of reasons that New York is a terrible place to do business.
mr thruway

Hamden, CT

#44 May 10, 2013
Lee wrote:
Funny how when they created the Thruway, the tolls were to be only temporary to pay for the creation of it. Here we are, still paying tolls.
you moran who is going to maintain the roads elfs,the deal was the thruway take over the canal which cost them 97 million a year and they take in 3 million,so let the thruway go free then we will be paying about 1200 more in state taxes a year,
brian m

Hamden, CT

#45 May 10, 2013
NY John wrote:
It should have been 2000. None of them do anything. Just go down the thruway in winter and look at the salt trucks parked in the middle of the thruway. And half the time the driver is sleeping. Privatize it and the rates will go down 40%.
ha ha I work on the thruway,do not have a high school diploma and made 71,567 last year and have 2years left and if I make the same amount the next 2 years my retirement with my sick leave will be about 48,000 thank you very much and I forgot I don't have to pay state tax on that.
Too funny

United States

#46 May 10, 2013
brian m wrote:
<quoted text>ha ha I work on the thruway,do not have a high school diploma and made 71,567 last year and have 2years left and if I make the same amount the next 2 years my retirement with my sick leave will be about 48,000 thank you very much and I forgot I don't have to pay state tax on that.
You can't spell "moron" but you work on the new york state thruway....

You just can't make this stuff up people!

I'm happy those NYS pensions are 90% unfunded and will collapse in 4-6 years according to S&P! Have fun with the big bucks and the "negotiations".
brian m

Hartford, CT

#47 May 11, 2013
Too funny wrote:
<quoted text>You can't spell "moron" but you work on the new york state thruway....
You just can't make this stuff up people!
I'm happy those NYS pensions are 90% unfunded and will collapse in 4-6 years according to S&P! Have fun with the big bucks and the "negotiations".
where did you get your information,90 percent unfunded my balls,new York state has the strongest pensions in the united states and that's a fact and the new tier 6 they have to pay for the rest of lives,ha ha I don't and I also have over 500,000 in my deferred comp,so take your college degree and shove it where the sun doesn't shine,you will be still working and I will be in florida at 55.
Too funny

United States

#48 May 11, 2013
brian m wrote:
<quoted text>where did you get your information,90 percent unfunded my balls,new York state has the strongest pensions in the united states and that's a fact and the new tier 6 they have to pay for the rest of lives,ha ha I don't and I also have over 500,000 in my deferred comp,so take your college degree and shove it where the sun doesn't shine,you will be still working and I will be in florida at 55.
Sure NY suckhole retard, I live in Fla already and got the great news you'll never hear in your life from my acct. at 33. ;)
Go smoke some more tailpipe and dream of what you could have done with a geotechnical engineering degree and Seal. Wow.
brian m

Newington, CT

#49 May 11, 2013
Too funny wrote:
<quoted text>Sure NY suckhole retard, I live in Fla already and got the great news you'll never hear in your life from my acct. at 33. ;)
Go smoke some more tailpipe and dream of what you could have done with a geotechnical engineering degree and Seal. Wow.
yea that's what I would do in florida look at Utica topix jerk off,you don't have 33 cents lol
Wondering

New Hartford, NY

#50 May 11, 2013
Good it's about time. When can we stop paying tolls? It was going to stop years ago. They have way to many people making over $100,000.
brian m

New Britain, CT

#51 May 11, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Good it's about time. When can we stop paying tolls? It was going to stop years ago. They have way to many people making over $100,000.
maybe you can get a job there
Too funny

United States

#52 May 11, 2013
brian m wrote:
<quoted text>yea that's what I would do in florida look at Utica topix jerk off,you don't have 33 cents lol
Yup whatever you imagine state bottomfeeder. Here, my company buys me a new toyota truck every 2, if you go look in my cupholder there's 33 cent for you halfwit.
brian m

Newington, CT

#53 May 11, 2013
Too funny wrote:
<quoted text>Yup whatever you imagine state bottomfeeder. Here, my company buys me a new toyota truck every 2, if you go look in my cupholder there's 33 cent for you halfwit.
walmart a good place to work
Efrain Rios Montt

United States

#54 May 11, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Did add State Police patrols on the Thruway will be cut in half, So less chance of a speeding ticket, but if you have a problem you are on your own till someone gets their
Other states have courtesy patrols to help stranded motorists. Usually a civilian division of the Sheriff's department. Don't need law enforcement officers to help you with a tire change.
Too funny

United States

#55 May 11, 2013
brian m wrote:
<quoted text>walmart a good place to work
Not even to shop. Keep trying, one day someone will care state dieselhuffer. Fumes are getting to you brain thinking you make 1/3 what I do, and I'm not even the best paid here. And I don't even CARE either way, you do. I'm sure you resent the world that drives by you every day too.
Efrain Rios Montt

United States

#56 May 11, 2013
Wondering wrote:
Often the administrative costs of managing a toll road are more than the income. Salaries, maintaining toll collection equipment and structures, etc.
Tear down the toll booths, eliminate the management and assign the local communities to maintain their segment of the road.
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#57 May 11, 2013
mr thruway wrote:
<quoted text>you moran who is going to maintain the roads elfs,the deal was the thruway take over the canal which cost them 97 million a year and they take in 3 million,so let the thruway go free then we will be paying about 1200 more in state taxes a year,
How do the 40+ states with US Interstates and no tolls pay for theirs?
brian m

Newington, CT

#58 May 12, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
How do the 40+ states with US Interstates and no tolls pay for theirs?
everybody from there states pay its called state tax,if the thruway went toll free your new York state tax would go up,so anybody thinks it wouldn't cost you nothing if it went free knows nothing.
the next life

United States

#60 May 12, 2013
Says the guy who collects toll and diesel carcinogens for a living and wants people to be happy with the parasite state.
Efrain Rios Montt

United States

#61 May 12, 2013
brian m wrote:
<quoted text>everybody from there states pay its called state tax,if the thruway went toll free your new York state tax would go up,so anybody thinks it wouldn't cost you nothing if it went free knows nothing.
My state has NO state tax and no interstate toll road. Who pays for that Brian?
too expensive

New York, NY

#62 May 13, 2013
Efrain Rios Montt wrote:
<quoted text>Often the administrative costs of managing a toll road are more than the income. Salaries, maintaining toll collection equipment and structures, etc.
Tear down the toll booths, eliminate the management and assign the local communities to maintain their segment of the road.
Its called overhead and the amount of overhead in NYS is killing the taxpayers. NYS has too many of these quasi-government agencies and authorities, each draining on the taxpayers.
Allen

Greig, NY

#63 May 13, 2013
too expensive wrote:
<quoted text>
Its called overhead and the amount of overhead in NYS is killing the taxpayers. NYS has too many of these quasi-government agencies and authorities, each draining on the taxpayers.
Please do not for get Walfare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica ny = white trash AND black trash. Scum! 1 min sheboon fail 4
should I GET GOLD TEETH OR PLATED TEETH (Mar '16) 4 min sheboon choppers 86
Why Does Africa Need Over 500 Charities BAHAHAH... 6 min sheboon animal 14
White people fighting 7 min A REAL BLACK MAN 1
Why we feed cloth raise /\|lGGERS 8 min unc tom 19
picking LICE OFF YOUR HEAD FOR DINNER THE AFRIC... 9 min unc tom 38
only 10 MILLION BABIES R A P E D IN AFRICA EACH... 10 min unc tom 28
prostitution 13 min A REAL BLACK MAN 31
Massive Gorilla Fight at Ocean Blue 3 hr Jungle Justice 33
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 14 hr hahaha 32