200 NY Thruway Authority workers face...
no business

Carthage, NY

#21 Apr 4, 2013
if enough people complain they will get their jobs back
Zabba

Albany, NY

#22 Apr 4, 2013
t POLITIX wrote:
why was a union teamsters speaking for the thruway
Toll takers are part of teamsters union
works

Carthage, NY

#23 Apr 4, 2013
no business wrote:
if enough people complain they will get their jobs back
if they complain about the units not working and or holding up traffic
wow

Fitchburg, MA

#24 Apr 5, 2013
Its so funny how everyones sooo happy that people are losing there jobs,its not only toll booth workers that are affected....Do I think some are over paid,sure,do I think people with families should lose there jobs,absolutly not,this whole state is going downhill people,i bet if it was you,you wouldnt be so happy..These people worked for nany many years,tol booths,canal,thruway,they to are losing out on alot,and I bet the ones downing them,either never knew what a job was or the ones on welfare or wait a refugee who cant speak english and get everything for nothing!!!you better worry about Cuomo who is flushing nys down the toilet...
Winny

Rochester, NY

#25 Apr 5, 2013
Huge cost with poor maintenance. It should be free.
hank hill

Keller, TX

#26 Apr 5, 2013
Winny wrote:
Huge cost with poor maintenance. It should be free.
When they do decide to take on upkeep or repaving they take forever, what was it 3-4years for that stretch between syracuse and auburn? Something insane like that. The lanes were barely driveable through there. Its great through there now, but they could have done smaller sections at a time and actually accomplished something each year and done another section the following year.
NY John

Whitesboro, NY

#27 Apr 5, 2013
It should have been 2000. None of them do anything. Just go down the thruway in winter and look at the salt trucks parked in the middle of the thruway. And half the time the driver is sleeping. Privatize it and the rates will go down 40%.
noyb

Glenmont, NY

#28 May 8, 2013
wow - most comments on here sound uninformed. tolls maintain the road, it is not run by the state and does not receive tax $. If it is turned over to DOT your taxes go up. Alot of states/countries are going to toll roads... it is most efficient because instead of taxes paying for upkeep, it is the toll money collected (those who use the road) that pay for it.
What

Syracuse, NY

#29 May 8, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the thruway was supposed to become a non toll road in 1993.
isn't it union?
What

Syracuse, NY

#30 May 8, 2013
wow wrote:
Its so funny how everyones sooo happy that people are losing there jobs,its not only toll booth workers that are affected....Do I think some are over paid,sure,do I think people with families should lose there jobs,absolutly not,this whole state is going downhill people,i bet if it was you,you wouldnt be so happy..These people worked for nany many years,tol booths,canal,thruway,they to are losing out on alot,and I bet the ones downing them,either never knew what a job was or the ones on welfare or wait a refugee who cant speak english and get everything for nothing!!!you better worry about Cuomo who is flushing nys down the toilet...
Tell your union leaders your upset that people are loosing there jobs... The private sector is sick and tired of footing the bill for all the outlandish pensions.
Free speech

Albany, NY

#31 May 8, 2013
KY WELLER wrote:
Get rid of management leeches!
Like Mike Shamma a drunk who was run out of the DOT because of incompotence.
Sam

Greig, NY

#32 May 8, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>Tell your union leaders your upset that people are loosing there jobs... The private sector is sick and tired of footing the bill for all the outlandish pensions.
The private sector is a joke also, Lets talk about the benefit package they get. and who pays for it. Lets start with Golden Parachute, and go from their
What

Syracuse, NY

#33 May 8, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
The private sector is a joke also, Lets talk about the benefit package they get. and who pays for it. Lets start with Golden Parachute, and go from their
Lets talk about it!! The private sector employee pays into there own retirement, i'm paying for my own future and I'm footing the bill for the union slug. Where am I wrong on this? Look at cites,towns in California, PA. Have gone belly up and people lost there pension. And think how stupid you sound saying the private sector sucks- without a private sector there wouldn't be a public sector. The private sector pays for all the public jobs and pensions.. The golden parachute paid for the union auto companies is that what your referring to?
SISTER ROSE

United States

#34 May 8, 2013
Good. Get rid of Jim Ward at the Westmoreland exit. He is an a_ _ hole. Piece of garbage
Sam

Greig, NY

#35 May 8, 2013
What wrote:
<quoted text>Lets talk about it!! The private sector employee pays into there own retirement, i'm paying for my own future and I'm footing the bill for the union slug. Where am I wrong on this? Look at cites,towns in California, PA. Have gone belly up and people lost there pension. And think how stupid you sound saying the private sector sucks- without a private sector there wouldn't be a public sector. The private sector pays for all the public jobs and pensions.. The golden parachute paid for the union auto companies is that what your referring to?
Golden Parachute has nothing to do with any Public sector jobs, or any unions. Golden Parachute cost EVERY U.S. consumer more for any products . But i see you went right to UNIONS and Public jobs.

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#36 May 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
They feel they "Deserve" the golden chute,when they deserve a golden shower!
Whoa hoss

United States

#38 May 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
We EARN it and thank yes it's nice when you pay for it yourself. That's a difference too, if I want more money any given quarter I just go earn it. State work is usually a cop out ask people who really earn and really reap the many rewards of working hard in a massively successful NON NY group.
Sam

Greig, NY

#40 May 10, 2013
Whoa hoss wrote:
<quoted text>We EARN it and thank yes it's nice when you pay for it yourself. That's a difference too, if I want more money any given quarter I just go earn it. State work is usually a cop out ask people who really earn and really reap the many rewards of working hard in a massively successful NON NY group.
But you are not paying for it yourself, It come from higher cost of products. That people buy.
naive noyb

New York, NY

#41 May 10, 2013
noyb wrote:
wow - most comments on here sound uninformed. tolls maintain the road, it is not run by the state and does not receive tax $. If it is turned over to DOT your taxes go up. Alot of states/countries are going to toll roads... it is most efficient because instead of taxes paying for upkeep, it is the toll money collected (those who use the road) that pay for it.
you would be severely naive and myopic to think the Thruway is self funded with tolls only. You don't think that ANY State and/or Federal tax money helps support it?
Public Opinion

United States

#42 May 10, 2013
Drive in just about every other state and you don't see tolls or troopers like in NYS. Good to hear they're getting rid of the low hanging fruit, however NYS will always be bass ackwards to it's citizens moneywise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am a homosexual coward punk loser 2 min Pathetic Utica Life 6
Why gutless cowards like me stalk utica 2 min Pathetic Utica Life 2
Utica can't keep "SEARS", wants free "NANO FACT... 3 min Fail town1 14
Fitnesss Mill 10 min Dorian Yates 1
Shawn Smith Arrested 11 min Jim 12
Water main break cancels Barnfest 16 min test 11
Gonna sit back and watch the show! 18 min Cry little baby 21
NFL/NBA Players vs Trump 29 min duke 102
Kaitlyn Conley 2 1 hr seriously 10
nh football coach 1 hr badguy 21