200 NY Thruway Authority workers face...

200 NY Thruway Authority workers face layoffs, 4 local

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Sam

Greig, NY

#1 Apr 3, 2013
And by end of 2014 you better have an E-Z pass or the right change for the toll booths, cause 80 toll booth people will be laid off.
MLKing

Rochester, NY

#2 Apr 3, 2013
Good. It's about time. The more the better.
Lee

Whitesboro, NY

#3 Apr 3, 2013
Funny how when they created the Thruway, the tolls were to be only temporary to pay for the creation of it. Here we are, still paying tolls.
Republican

Riverside, RI

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Sell the whole road to a private company and let them run it cheaper!
wow

Albany, NY

#5 Apr 3, 2013
Republican wrote:
Sell the whole road to a private company and let them run it cheaper!
anything that has Authority in it is a monopoly and does as it pleases with no checks or balances. Its ridiculous the toll increases over the years. Sorry for layoffs but a monkey could do that job. Water authority keeps increasing as well to name another authority. Everything increases but salaries.
We need to secede from NYC. The entire state is run by democrats in Manhattan in a 12 mile radius. The Truth. Upstate is shit to them but I digress.
Winny

Rochester, NY

#6 Apr 3, 2013
Great news. Now dump some of the lazy maintenance workers. And thin out the worthless Troopers.
Yep

Lowville, NY

#7 Apr 3, 2013
I hope that old bat at the Little Falls plaza goes first. She won't hit the E-ZPass button until she's good and ready and she's for a sour face when she does it. Old hag.
Rachael

Albany, NY

#8 Apr 3, 2013
Yep wrote:
I hope that old bat at the Little Falls plaza goes first. She won't hit the E-ZPass button until she's good and ready and she's for a sour face when she does it. Old hag.
ha thats freaking funny!
Sam

Greig, NY

#9 Apr 3, 2013
Winny wrote:
Great news. Now dump some of the lazy maintenance workers. And thin out the worthless Troopers.
Did add State Police patrols on the Thruway will be cut in half, So less chance of a speeding ticket, but if you have a problem you are on your own till someone gets their
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Lee wrote:
Funny how when they created the Thruway, the tolls were to be only temporary to pay for the creation of it. Here we are, still paying tolls.
I believe the thruway was supposed to become a non toll road in 1993.
Lee

Whitesboro, NY

#11 Apr 3, 2013
Stanwix Prison wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the thruway was supposed to become a non toll road in 1993.
Perhaps - but now DESPITE WHAT THEY TELL YOU, it is a huge money maker - not only will we be paying tolls forever - the tolls will forever be increasing.
Stanwix Prison

Albany, NY

#12 Apr 3, 2013
Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps - but now DESPITE WHAT THEY TELL YOU, it is a huge money maker - not only will we be paying tolls forever - the tolls will forever be increasing.
Without a doubt the state makes revenue from it and its never becoming a non toll road. Why would the state do that? Just like taxes never go down. Once the government has a foothold into your pocket it's all done.
t POLITIX

Frankfort, NY

#13 Apr 3, 2013
why was a union teamsters speaking for the thruway
Finally

Utica, NY

#14 Apr 3, 2013
Make it toll free and get rid of all the employees. Turn the maintenace of the road over to the Transporation Dept where it belongs. Close canal and eliminate the whole department, saving all costs associated with it..
hank hill

Readyville, TN

#15 Apr 3, 2013
Lee wrote:
not to mention they raise them just about every year.

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Get rid of management leeches!
Tyler

Rochester, NY

#17 Apr 4, 2013
Expensive. Poorly maintained. Boring ride. Gestapo troopers.

Great. Keep RIF'ing slug toll takers on the Thruway. Then layoff some troopers.
bad

Carthage, NY

#18 Apr 4, 2013
i have noticed the machines in albany pumping out the tickets for the thruway ,,,,
Cuba cracker

New York, NY

#19 Apr 4, 2013
bad wrote:
i have noticed the machines in albany pumping out the tickets for the thruway ,,,,
its hard to believe you have enough brain power to even breathe with the moronic stuff you post
no business

Carthage, NY

#20 Apr 4, 2013
Cuba cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
its hard to believe you have enough brain power to even breathe with the moronic stuff you post
the machines replace the jobs DUH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary did the same crimes as Russians 6 min Ralph 23
Another Trump move stopped- so much failure! 6 min Biden 2020 44
Kim Strong rescue in Brookfield? 8 min Well 51
Yorkville PD REJECTS 11 min boomtard 2
wktv 14 min Benny 3
is karen free? 22 min paul 68
Everyone’s Forgoten Erin Hamlin 24 min Harry Whodunher 22
Utica/Labella to court with Longo $100M (Sep '13) 1 hr Barb 30
the hookers are out its warm 2 hr Carlos 42
Best head in Utica?!? 8 hr Rotten meat 51