Aldi's in New Hartford
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Al Roberts

Lowville, NY

#22 Dec 16, 2011
yes, aldis was my project.i did get it done fast .im proude of my workers.just to let you know ill be buying the the old pharmhouse builden and moving a wegmans there next spring.also the valley brook motel im working out a deal with ken to buy that.i have plans on bringing in an olive garden.i will turn new hartford around and make it alot more better place for shopping and shopping close to home to keep our taxes local.i have aso spoken to william morris owner of the new hartford shopping center to knock down the buildens and having new construction for an outlet mall.thank you...al
Gay Guy

Lowville, NY

#23 Dec 16, 2011
Al Roberts wrote:
yes, aldis was my project.i did get it done fast .im proude of my workers.just to let you know ill be buying the the old pharmhouse builden and moving a wegmans there next spring.also the valley brook motel im working out a deal with ken to buy that.i have plans on bringing in an olive garden.i will turn new hartford around and make it alot more better place for shopping and shopping close to home to keep our taxes local.i have aso spoken to william morris owner of the new hartford shopping center to knock down the buildens and having new construction for an outlet mall.thank you...al
It sounds promising, but how are you going to convince all those small businesses to come back and support this idea? Phillipson's, Gingerbread Bake Shop, and Dollar General all have other local stores, but other the other stores in the plaza have no other venues to sell their wares. I imagine a lucrative deal could bring some back, but going out of business that long would make it hard to come back and turn a real profit, not to mention all the people who would lose their jobs.... Obviously, you wouldn't take them all back if you're going for an outlet mall, instead of a strip mall, but some of those businesses are really thriving.
nice

Whitesboro, NY

#24 Feb 14, 2012
Aldis, you work your a$$ off, but the pay is fantastic
get a life

Utica, NY

#25 Mar 25, 2012
Wow you people are retarded. Why do you care who shops where? Pretty God damn pathetic if you ask me.

“Getting To The Meat Of It”

Level 8

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#26 Mar 25, 2012
Actually if you know your prices, and buy canned ect. you can save alot of money. Just avoid the meats and produce.
Penny Wise

Rome, NY

#27 Mar 26, 2012
Mr Meat Head wrote:
Actually if you know your prices, and buy canned ect. you can save alot of money. Just avoid the meats and produce.
I've had good luck with the produce. They had Driscoll's strawberries last week for $1.89 a quart. Kiwi is always good too. Carrots 3 weeks ago were 59 cents for 2 lbs. At that time Price Chopper was selling carrots for $1.49 a lb. I laugh at those who bash Aldi's, with all the money I save there I can buy top shelf meat at Chanatry's or Happanowicz.
Andrew

Rome, NY

#28 Mar 26, 2012
I agree, however, i learned you need to eat the produce fast. I purchase the strawberries and in 2 days they started getting moldy

Level 8

Location hidden

#29 Mar 26, 2012
The problem with their produce is they take it out of refrigeration. I am sure in the back room it is refrigerated, and then when it hit's the store they don't. That's why it doesn't hold up. Why do you see refrigerated displays in every other store ?
crystal72

Cortland, NY

#30 Mar 26, 2012
I am glad it is open but wish it came to North Utica in the new Rite Aid building. It does have
good deals and that is what we all need today in
this economy. Rich, middle class or poor it serves
us all. Take advantage of it and you will see!!

Level 8

Location hidden

#31 Mar 26, 2012
Much too close o the Oriskany store, and Ilion. That would never happen. But if you live in N. Utica, Oriskany is not that far.
aldis rules

Rome, NY

#32 Mar 30, 2012
I wonder if anyone realizes that all the dairy in Aldis in this area is produced by Byrne Dairy? Isn't Byrne Dairy a local business? Just sayin!
uh Huh

Syracuse, NY

#33 Mar 31, 2012
The place is busy and the parking lot has loads of cars every time I drive by.
Annie

Waterville, NY

#34 Aug 8, 2013
This is in response to people knocking Aldi's. It never ceases to amaze me how judgmental people can be. Does it really matter where people shop? I shop at different stores in the area. I shop at Chanatrys for weekly sales, especially on their meats. I go to Hannaford for certain items that I can't get at Aldi's, or that are over priced at Chanatrys, and you can't beat Hannaford's customer relations. Aldi's has great bargains, and their products I find equal to all the others, but cheaper. I call this being smart. All the stores are a reasonable distance from where I live so it is reasonable to comparison shop before I go. There are reasons why people make their choices on where they shop, not because they are scummy or haven't got other choices. Are you kidding me right now? The way the economy is you do what you have to do to stretch a dollar, especially when you have a family. I usually wouldn't even bother with ignorant comments on this site but enough is enough people, get a grip.
Really

Martinsburg, WV

#35 Aug 8, 2013
Utican ingrate passtime wrote:
<quoted text>Ya think? I feel sorry for people who have to shop there. Just imagine before all the taxes went through the roof you used to be able to shop at real supermarkets for real brand name things. Gotta love NY! They have raised the small costs of living so high that half the state has to smoke rollie cigs LOL! and shop at Aldis LOL! NY and all the parasites it supports deserve it!
You make yourself look like a real jackass when you pretend to be any better than your peers. I got out of Utica a long time ago. Lets face it though, everyone has hardships from time to time. You're no exception. Stop the whole I'm better than you bullshyt act man. It makes you look shallow as f*ck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Lars Tetens (Apr '10) 32 min Uknowynot 29
Culver Ave park across from Parkway pizza 1 hr Yup 6
Do all men cheat? 1 hr MP knows 31
wktv mornings 1 hr seek help 85
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 1 hr Wow wow 3
Does anyone know Adel Browne? He's been f**g cr... 1 hr Hangman 12
Turning stone 2 hr Damn Indians 50
Blacks in Clinton and New York Mills 5 hr Ted 13

Utica Jobs

More from around the web