Foxconn Taiwan choses Pa over NY for ...

Foxconn Taiwan choses Pa over NY for nano factory

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Whoops

United States

#1 Nov 23, 2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/11/22/technology/fo...
Apple's manufacturer chose Pa over NY. Wonder why?
With a habit for liking suicidal employees you would think NY would be a better option.
Foxconn, the Taiwanese electronics contract manufacturer to many U.S. tech giants, will spend $30 million on a new factory in the Harrisburg, Pa., area that will employ up to 500 people, according to state officials.
The company, which a year ago said it was looking at expanding its U.S. operations, will also give $10 million to Carnegie Mellon University as part of a strategic research and development partnership with the Pennsylvania college. The money will go towards research and education in the fields of robotics and advanced manufacturing.
The company made the announcement Thursday evening, only one day after Terry Gou, the founder and chairman, first met with Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett.
"This is somewhat of a rarity for us that a project moved along as quickly as it has," said Steve Kratz, spokesman for the state's department of Community and Economic Development.
A location for the plant has yet to be selected.
Related: Apple faces new Chinese labor allegations
Foxconn said last December that it wanted to increase its U.S. operations beyond plants it operated in Texas and Indiana. The company has 30 employees in Harrisburg already, although state officials could not say what the facility there did now.
The statement about its U.S. expansion plans came on the heels of an announcement by Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500), a major Foxconn customer, that it planned to start building some Apple products in the United States.
Foxconn's plants in Asia are massive, employing as many as 190,000 workers at a single factory by some estimates, many of whom live at the plants as well as work there. The company has been criticized for work conditions and for the large number of workers at some plants who have committed suicide. To top of page

Judged:

14

13

13

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nano

Herkimer, NY

#3 Nov 23, 2013
Foxconn is a contract electronics manufacturer. There are hundreds of them all over the US including in Utica - Trenton Technology. This is not considered a nano factory. Not even close.
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#5 Nov 23, 2013
ok cretin failure wrote:
Only a loser like you that doesn't know anything about a computer or EEG would care.
Foxconn is the worst garbage on the planet.
Tell us oh loser cretin, what product they make that isn't garbage ? When you have time to get off mom.
When you can't afford to buy real components or have a welfare family like yours, you buy foxconn.
Obviously the loser is YOU stuck there not even knowing Foxconn makes Apple product among others. Dur!! Dur!!! DUR!! DUR!!! Flip them lobster arms inbreed from upstate! Flip! Flip Flip YAAAAY loser! Try not to sound so desperate you can't even handle reality you jusyt hope denials and rants make your feel better. You know, typical upstate lowlife public job loser stuff!
waterhead

New York, NY

#7 Nov 24, 2013
You all are the worst.
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#8 Nov 24, 2013
ok PC failure wrote:
The dumbest fing idiot about a PC.
Apple is garbage, selling the cheapest garbage for the highest price.
Stick to pretending your mom is bagging EEG mouse IDIOT.
Yeah ok retard there you go again imagining yourself right. Apple garbage? Hardly, idiot. Best TV and film editing hardware uncontested. Shows what the cny hater lobster boy knows!! Poor you, You'll never emotionally evolve past 7 and get out of your mommy's uterus! PWNED! You know nothing, you talk like the fat fireman's 12 yr old pervert kid and wear your low class on your sleeve!
Slim

Ilion, NY

#9 Nov 24, 2013
Hey inbreed lobster boy wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously the loser is YOU stuck there not even knowing Foxconn makes Apple product among others. Dur!! Dur!!! DUR!! DUR!!! Flip them lobster arms inbreed from upstate! Flip! Flip Flip YAAAAY loser! Try not to sound so desperate you can't even handle reality you jusyt hope denials and rants make your feel better. You know, typical upstate lowlife public job loser stuff!
Does it make you feel better calling someone from upstate a loser? To me, it shows how insecure you are. Now, I know you've been at it on Utica Topix for quite some time. Must be you like to associate yourself with losers. Take a break from mom's computer, apply for a job and make something of yourself. If you already have a job, go to anger management classes. They just might make you feel better about yourself.
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#10 Nov 24, 2013
Also my finger is in my butt. I am gonna remove it then lick it.
Nano

Herkimer, NY

#11 Nov 24, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you idiots come from, hey clown, they produce PC components IDIOT.
There like any company, they make components for anyone who will buy their garbage.
Hundreds in USA, rolol Post these address's IDIOT.
Trenton Tech, foxconn, rolol prove it IDIOT.
They do not produce PC components. Foxconn is not nano technology. They buy components from other companies and solder the components on to a printed circuit board. It requires mainly low skilled and low wage assembly employees which is why most of the high volume CEM companies are located in Asia. This is a very competitive low margin business. There are hundreds of these companies in the US that specialize in low to mid volumes where it doesn't make sense to out source to the high volume guys in Asia.

If you are confusing Foxconn with the nano tech companies in the Albany area and soon to be Marcy you have no idea what you are talking about.
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#12 Nov 24, 2013
Slim wrote:
<quoted text>Does it make you feel better calling someone from upstate a loser? To me, it shows how insecure you are. Now, I know you've been at it on Utica Topix for quite some time. Must be you like to associate yourself with losers. Take a break from mom's computer, apply for a job and make something of yourself. If you already have a job, go to anger management classes. They just might make you feel better about yourself.
Sounds good but if you could see the view from the catbird seat I won in life you'd see how silly and imaginative your comment was. Fact is I left behind friends who still have to put up with the morassholes there. It's little more than amusement to point out the holes in the "wonderfulness" they wrap themselves in and cold hard facts. So far they're doing "great" if the last 30 years of that technique are doing so well. Keep it in mind.
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#13 Nov 24, 2013
You typical Oooticans don't understand the significance of this lose. All your nano dreams were attached to this company. Now you will never have anything. You don't even have a Papa Johns pizza. How can you consider Utica a city without it having a Papa Johns?
NH Stud

San Jose, CA

#14 Nov 24, 2013
Foxcomm is going to PA for a reason. They were concerned that locating to Utica would be a double whammy for their suicide problem. Plus they couldn't attract skilled workers to this cesspool.
NH Stud

San Jose, CA

#15 Nov 24, 2013
Hey inbreed lobster boy wrote:
You typical Oooticans don't understand the significance of this lose. All your nano dreams were attached to this company. Now you will never have anything. You don't even have a Papa Johns pizza. How can you consider Utica a city without it having a Papa Johns?
Foxcomm is NOT a nano company, you dolt. They assemble consumer electronics. They produce iPods etc.

Intel and AMD are nano companies... and they're not coming here. NEVER. Probably because we don't have a Papa Johns.
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#16 Nov 24, 2013
Hey inbreed lobster boy wrote:
You typical Oooticans don't understand the significance of this lose. All your nano dreams were attached to this company. Now you will never have anything. You don't even have a Papa Johns pizza. How can you consider Utica a city without it having a Papa Johns?
Get your own screen name retard. This is why you upstate losers are failures. Zero debate skills, childish responses to truth.

You are right where you deserve to be.
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#18 Nov 24, 2013
I like Utica Club wrote:
<quoted text>
Please please please Papa Johns.Please open up one of your restaurants with your generic bland tasting pizzas so that we don't lose the Marcy Nano sight .
You and your crappy pizza hut rip off pizza are our only hope! Thanks!
Yeah, keep thinking that! As if all you need to have hope is a "pizza place". OMG uticans.
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#19 Nov 24, 2013
You simple minded, gutter mouth, Ooooticas don't understand. If you were in the catbird seat you would see that:

1) I earn more money than you.

2) My house is larger than yours.

3) I live near a Papa Johns pizza place.
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#22 Nov 24, 2013
And you think I care? Back to topic. What does Foxconn know that Global Foundries doesn't hmm? Lawsuits ring a bell anyone?
Slim

Ilion, NY

#23 Nov 24, 2013
Hey inbreed lobster boy wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds good but if you could see the view from the catbird seat I won in life you'd see how silly and imaginative your comment was. Fact is I left behind friends who still have to put up with the morassholes there. It's little more than amusement to point out the holes in the "wonderfulness" they wrap themselves in and cold hard facts. So far they're doing "great" if the last 30 years of that technique are doing so well. Keep it in mind.
No matter what you say or how you say it, you sound like a complete mama's boy. You make things up to try and impress people. You know what you are and you're not fooling anyone. I do a lot of traveling on my job and there are a bunch of idiots everywhere, most notably downstate. Everyone down there thinks they're a little smarter than everyone else when in fact, they\re complete morons. Please, just because you moved away from Utica doesn't automatically make you a smart person. You grew up here and went to school here with the same people you call names. You're a cyberbully because you can't defend yourself when you're confronted face to face. You should come back down to Earth and stop making believe you live this terrific life. Be a normal human being and more people will like and respect you. You look for people to take you seriously but you sound like a jerk. Grow up!
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#24 Nov 24, 2013
Slim wrote:
<quoted text>No matter what you say or how you say it, you sound like a complete mama's boy. You make things up to try and impress people. You know what you are and you're not fooling anyone. I do a lot of traveling on my job and there are a bunch of idiots everywhere, most notably downstate. Everyone down there thinks they're a little smarter than everyone else when in fact, they\re complete morons. Please, just because you moved away from Utica doesn't automatically make you a smart person. You grew up here and went to school here with the same people you call names. You're a cyberbully because you can't defend yourself when you're confronted face to face. You should come back down to Earth and stop making believe you live this terrific life. Be a normal human being and more people will like and respect you. You look for people to take you seriously but you sound like a jerk. Grow up!
Yes, I am a mama's boy but at least I have a Papa John's.
Little Bird

Malone, NY

#25 Nov 24, 2013
Gee. Surprise another business chooses not to locate in New York state. Surprised? No. Highest taxes, highest regulation, highest workmans comp and lowest business friendly. Oh almost forgot the pumpkin patch. Our trump card. Haaaaaaaaa!!!!!
Hey inbreed lobster boy

United States

#26 Nov 24, 2013
Slim wrote:
<quoted text>No matter what you say or how you say it, you sound like a complete mama's boy. You make things up to try and impress people. You know what you are and you're not fooling anyone. I do a lot of traveling on my job and there are a bunch of idiots everywhere, most notably downstate. Everyone down there thinks they're a little smarter than everyone else when in fact, they\re complete morons. Please, just because you moved away from Utica doesn't automatically make you a smart person. You grew up here and went to school here with the same people you call names. You're a cyberbully because you can't defend yourself when you're confronted face to face. You should come back down to Earth and stop making believe you live this terrific life. Be a normal human being and more people will like and respect you. You look for people to take you seriously but you sound like a jerk. Grow up!
You forgot I have one arm and a missing foot. You def don't know me so go imagine yourself right somewhere else. That doesn't work on me I'm not from ny and really don't GAF what you believe. You are screaming up out of a cistern it is a forgone conclusion you lose. Take your amateur Sigmond Freud game and go talk at someone who believes your dumb bullshit or at least cares.
All I do is point out the truth and watch you retards flip out. I win, people learn what you are, you lose.
It's like there's something in the water in ny. Cite an article that points out something you quieffingpussies don't want to hear BING uticans post all sorts of immature replies, perversion, laughable denials and that bile uticans are well known across the usa for. SO STFU keep voting for losers to suck you dry and god forbid don't ever pull your heads out of the sands. Everyone sees how well the pollyanna sex anal talk claim-everyone-is-jealous replies worked out for you. Oh and stick to reading the od that's the success bible for you learned mental cripples. Sociologists should study your whole region if not that whole mentally dysfunctional inbred corrupt, and poorly educated pc nannystate, it's like deliverance with iPads there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What has Utica Politicians Done For American Hi... 54 min LMAO 1
Kaleigh's deleted posts 55 min Mario vertucci 8
Labella 1 hr Follow the Rules 4
AFRICA land of abuse starving no nano 2 hr Mario vertucci 1
Love Africa where they rape babies all day 2 hr Mario vertucci 1
mario PASS TELL NHPD SHE WILL SUE BECAUSE SHE I... 2 hr Kayliegh TAZZ Hanna 7
APPLE bypasses Utica nano, builds $1.3B in IOWA! 2 hr Mario vertucci 2
Swingers in Utica (Oct '12) 12 hr Fun times 42

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages