Cortland, NY

#1 Apr 3, 2011
Just got my city tax bill,1700 dollars for what. This madness has to stop the homeowner can not foot the bill for everyone. There has to be a better way where everyone pays their fair share.Next will be the school tax,then the county,oh and don't forget the fee to pick up your garbage.Thanks for letting me vent.

Frisco, TX

#2 Apr 3, 2011
Recieved mine too but I got my solid waste bill as well. Sickening!

Level 2

Since: Aug 08

Utica, NY

#3 Apr 3, 2011
Dtop your crying, look what you are getting for your hard earned dollars. You get a safety commish for 70 grand plus a car and benefits, you get an ambulance service that loses money every year but you keep the UFD personnel in clover, you get department heads that make 6 figures with a car and benies, you get terrible streets that are crumbling, you are getting a roundabout that nobody wants, you get a hotel that cost you millions that is going broke, you get a mayor who is dillusional about a harbor, you have to pay for these necessities, many city employees are depending on you especially the ones who never lived a day in Utica (police and fire), so pleased be thankful.

Ithaca, NY

#4 Apr 3, 2011
I sold my Utica house last year after my taxes went up yet again... and on to of that I get a solid waste bill for $158.

They tax the $4it out of you - for what? The streets are not plowed, they are filled with huge potholes, you buy blue bags all year to throw out the garbage and they charge you on top of that?

I won't even MENTION the water bill. It is a joke.

Why bother?

In ten years the tax base will be about 10 people, and deservedly so.

Rome, NY

#5 Apr 4, 2011
Water bill has nothing to do with utica

Ithaca, NY

#6 Apr 4, 2011
Actually wrote:
Water bill has nothing to do with utica
Probably why he didn't mention it retard.
The Record

#7 Apr 4, 2011
Roefaro and Julian raised taxes every year they were in.
Mayor Palmidiot

Clifton Park, NY

#8 Aug 21, 2014
Thank you for the "surplus".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 23 min Umm Hey Kay 109
Genesee Towers 32 min Dub 11
Garbage pickers of utica (Jul '10) 48 min joey bags 42
pacenti and Cuomo united (Mar '14) 1 hr Beads of Sweat 162
Alain Kaloyeros Lands Job at BURGER KING 1 hr Dave 1
Marino, stop trying so hard! 1 hr Shthafkup 17
Uranium Sale by State Department 1 hr Uranium Deal 15
WKTV Covering Calling Hours? 1 hr Lincoln Osiris 8
Uncles 2 hr Cry baby 10
who is the best hairstylist 5 hr Boss 14