Changing how city vehicles are used

Posted in the Utica Forum

I want a city car

Interlaken, NY

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Maybe it is time that taxpayers demand Utica change who is eligible or not to be privilaged enough to drive and take home city cars. After all our finacial crisis is going to last at least 10 more years. The days of free bees is over and we must get serious about financial reform which is killing tax paying homeowners who have to pay for your pleasure. Cut the fat, put it to the curb. We cannot afford to pay luducrist salaries and pay for your transpotation costs anymore. If you can't afford to be a cop or fireman or politician get a new job but don't expect us to pay for your freebees forever. Time has come to face reality and stop stealing out of our wallets and fleecing taxpayers.
Freebies

Utica, NY

#2 Nov 29, 2012
I want a city car wrote:
The days of free bees is over
"Free Bees" LOL!!!!! Don't get stung.
I want a car

Interlaken, NY

#3 Nov 29, 2012
The fat cats are living off the land of milk and honey as they just keep living off the taxpayers as if they have an endless well to go to. My proctor high school education where our leaders went hasn't did me english any good as it's not paying off for taxpayers either. I'm sad.
just ice

Dracut, MA

#4 Nov 29, 2012
I dont see how anyone should get a car. none should get a car. They have their own cars,they should use them.I have to drive my own car to work every day.They should be happy they have a job. I cant believe they need a city car.The city is broke ,dont they know that,wake up people!!!
Comptroller

Interlaken, NY

#5 Nov 29, 2012
Just ask me it's not rockets science. The city of Utica could save tens of thousands of dollars a year if those that feel entitled to taxpayers car would give them up. This is a no brainer for any city facing a financial crisis. What's it going to take, riots in the streets before we say enough is enough. The crooks have already taken it to the streets by helping themselves which is in the numbers of crime going up. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. We all have to start stealing as we are being stole from by taxes.
Really

Utica, NY

#6 Nov 29, 2012
Police and fire chiefs need them though. They are the top in line of responsibility and authority at any emergency scene in the city. They should keep there's.
No Take Home Cars

Utica, NY

#7 Nov 29, 2012
Not really....by the time any chief is called, the situation has been run by the rank and file who actually do the work on these scenes. The chiefs have all the time in the world and could very easily drive their own car to the station and pick up their work car and drive to the scene. It's not like a house is burning or a dead body is laying in the street and the firemen and cops are just standing there saying we can't do anything until the chief shows up.....that's ridiculous!
Fat Tony Salerno

Rochester, NY

#8 Nov 29, 2012
No Take Home Cars wrote:
Not really....by the time any chief is called, the situation has been run by the rank and file who actually do the work on these scenes. The chiefs have all the time in the world and could very easily drive their own car to the station and pick up their work car and drive to the scene. It's not like a house is burning or a dead body is laying in the street and the firemen and cops are just standing there saying we can't do anything until the chief shows up.....that's ridiculous!
Good points, No Home. On the other hand, I wouldn't be opposed to letting cops who live in the city take home their patrol cars. Let people in the neighborhood know that a cop lives near by. And I could see giving property tax breaks or other incentives to cops and firefighters who live in run down neighborhoods like Cornhill. They could rehab some of the houses and establish a positive presence in the neighborhood.
Lemme Guess

Utica, NY

#9 Nov 29, 2012
Is this another "Lets make it hard on the HAVES" because we have not? Poor peasants.
Comptroller

Interlaken, NY

#11 Nov 30, 2012
Fat Tony Salerno wrote:
<quoted text>
Good points, No Home. On the other hand, I wouldn't be opposed to letting cops who live in the city take home their patrol cars. Let people in the neighborhood know that a cop lives near by. And I could see giving property tax breaks or other incentives to cops and firefighters who live in run down neighborhoods like Cornhill. They could rehab some of the houses and establish a positive presence in the neighborhood.
Yes there can be some exception but the saving can be huge if we stop the practice of taxpayers paying for gas, insurance, and maintenance for cars used for other things besides Utica business but these cars are all used for personal use also which we pay for there gas. It's a sham and it is an abused privilage not a right to have a city owned car.
Florida

Waterville, NY

#12 Nov 30, 2012
In Florida road patrol cops have individual cars assigned to them and take them home. Park them right in there driveways. It's a easy way to have more police presence on the streets. Only here in this cesspool would you ghetto critters take issue with subject. You scum bag pieces of crap. You want your cake and eat it to. You crap on emergency services but are also the first to bitch. Please stfu!
justice

Redfield, NY

#14 Nov 30, 2012
I guess we have forgotten the city official who was on vacation in another state with his official vehicle, found at fault in the accident and he initially refused to pay for the damage.

some things never change.
WOW

Utica, NY

#15 Nov 30, 2012
upd doesnt deserve the pay they get with all the crime in utica up its clear they are not doing their jobs must be because they are drunk all the time with headaches from the drinking the night before>>>>>.. also the city should not be letting city workers drive city owned cars out of the city put them on a bus to go to school training or dont go at all
Comptroller

Interlaken, NY

#16 Nov 30, 2012
justice wrote:
I guess we have forgotten the city official who was on vacation in another state with his official vehicle, found at fault in the accident and he initially refused to pay for the damage.
some things never change.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!! If your going to use a city vehicle you must be responsible for it from gas, to maitenance, to insurance. You wreck it you pay for it out of your own pocket.
Florida

Utica, NY

#17 Nov 30, 2012
You terd burglars need to shut your traps. You're all welfare rats living off the dole anyway. Keep your opinions to yourself. Just keep living off the rest of us.
keep paying

Interlaken, NY

#18 Dec 1, 2012
All Uticans are as dumb as a box of rocks and you'll keep letting them screw you over forever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 2 hr Honest Babe 5,791
Obama Greatest President In History 2 hr ZIGGY 3
What's the coward Parole Officers name? 3 hr Billy HAMBONE Wil... 58
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 3 hr Early Mortis 221
Well Gotta Go 3 hr Spare Tired Utican 63
Pedestrian Bridge Collapses 3 hr Spare Tired Utican 9
We Really Dont Need T.G.I.Friday 3 hr Spare Tired Utican 8
Brindisi Sentenced 4 hr Beer Bellied Utican 12
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:50 am PST

NBC Sports 8:50AM
Osi Umenyiora tells Jonathan Massaquoi to keep complaints private
NBC Sports12:29 PM
Giants safety Rolle not listening to the critics - NBC Sports
ESPN12:35 PM
Rolle wants to finish his career with Giants
Bleacher Report 3:02 PM
Michael Vick Reportedly Has Paid off Almost Entire $17.8M Debt Owed to Creditors
NBC Sports 3:57 PM
Win and hope: Bills focus solely on facing Raiders - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 4:27 PM
Revis heads back to MetLife Stadium as Jets' enemy - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:03 PM
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick
Bleacher Report 9:00 PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
Bleacher Report 9:09 PM
Breaking Down New York's Game Plan
NBC Sports 9:10 PM
Lions claim Josh Thomas off waivers from the Jets