WKTV Attacks OD
Reader

AOL

#1 Jan 30, 2013
Have you seen the adds on WKTV attcking the OD for charging for news?Looks like a media war.
And

Massena, NY

#2 Jan 30, 2013
Reader wrote:
Have you seen the adds on WKTV attcking the OD for charging for news?Looks like a media war.
Can't really get any news from either source...so what's the difference?

Level 7

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#3 Jan 30, 2013
Battle of 2 of the most useless and inept outlets in all of "journalism."

Did they report about the couthouse falling apart?
SOI

Clinton, NY

#4 Jan 30, 2013
They are both reasons why this area continues to decline. It's all happy talk or telethons when what we need is exposing the corruption and incompetence of local and state government.

We won't get it and people will continue to move away from here to places that are growing and have opportunity. Keep electing the same old same old because we can't make informed choices.

Thanks OD and WKTV for a job NOT done
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Reader wrote:
Have you seen the adds on WKTV attcking the OD for charging for news?Looks like a media war.
WKTV is probably angry because now they have to pay for the news they read on air instead of getting it free from the website.
Wacko

Earlville, NY

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Lighten up people. I'll bet you still use both news outlets.
its only me

Lowville, NY

#7 Jan 31, 2013
shame on you od! to charge for the local news is sad. the cost of te paper and what you get has forced so many to not purchase is one reason your sales are down and to get news sports scores a day later is another. wonder how many cities charge?? no wktv is not the best but at least bits of local news is still free.in 2 minutes is all i can take!!need to figure out how to view obituaries thats all i miss.utica and oneida county just keep losing jobs and high taxes and the misuse of monies just cant continue. we need help
Wacko

Brattleboro, VT

#8 Jan 31, 2013
its only me wrote:
shame on you od! to charge for the local news is sad. the cost of te paper and what you get has forced so many to not purchase is one reason your sales are down and to get news sports scores a day later is another. wonder how many cities charge?? no wktv is not the best but at least bits of local news is still free.in 2 minutes is all i can take!!need to figure out how to view obituaries thats all i miss.utica and oneida county just keep losing jobs and high taxes and the misuse of monies just cant continue. we need help
I got what you were saying then you went off topic. I admit, the OD is a waste of paper, maybe that's what you were getting at. WKTV is what it is. They give us the latest news. What more do you want from a tiny city's local news station? I can't say the same for the OD. I pretty much know the news before my paper is delivered, except for the obits.
old timer

Carthage, NY

#9 Jan 31, 2013
I'm still predicting that the OD will be closing their operation within the next 6 months and advertisers will be cancelling out the ads they have paid for because no one is left to read them.

Donna Donovan has destroyed what was once an excellent newspaper and even was awarded top Awards for various investigative stories. Sadly, that was BEFORE Donna took over.

You can't run a business by just increasing prices and upsetting what few readers you still have without giving a quality product. Bye-Bye Donna - hope you can sleep at night without any guilt you should be having.
Sam

Utica, NY

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Ed Hanna knew what he was saying when he called the OD, "The Utica Disgrace."
Valley Neighbor

Little Falls, NY

#11 Jan 31, 2013
WKTV gets their news from the OD. You can read it word for word and hear them repeat it word for word. Still Jenel & Jason can not read it with out screwing something up. I think both showed look for different jobs and do the listeners a favor.We are the ones paying for this through our cable, or direct tv whatever one you may have it is not free.
Wacko

Needham, MA

#12 Jan 31, 2013
Valley Neighbor wrote:
WKTV gets their news from the OD. You can read it word for word and hear them repeat it word for word. Still Jenel & Jason can not read it with out screwing something up. I think both showed look for different jobs and do the listeners a favor.We are the ones paying for this through our cable, or direct tv whatever one you may have it is not free.
You made mistakes in spelling and puncuation on your thread. Does that mean you're a bad poster and shouldn't do it anymore?
utica media clowns

Utica, NY

#13 Jan 31, 2013
Doesn't really matter. Topix is still free and usually breaks the news before the OD and WKTV. As raw and unedited as it is ( and slanderous) those of us with reasonable intelligence can still pick up valuable nuggets. So as far as the others...not worth your time!
Earle Greed

United States

#14 Jan 31, 2013
utica media clowns wrote:
Doesn't really matter. Topix is still free and usually breaks the news before the OD and WKTV. As raw and unedited as it is ( and slanderous) those of us with reasonable intelligence can still pick up valuable nuggets. So as far as the others...not worth your time!
Yep. Who had the news about ACS before everyone else? TOPIX.

a lot of crap on here but real news is on here 1st. Pretty sad though lol
Valley Neighbor

Little Falls, NY

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Wacko wrote:
<quoted text>You made mistakes in spelling and puncuation on your thread. Does that mean you're a bad poster and shouldn't do it anymore?
Could be. Jerk
Paul

AOL

#16 Jan 31, 2013
When is the OD going to defend itself against WHTV?
snake pliskin

Syracuse, NY

#17 Jan 31, 2013
OD is old news.
Wacko

Waltham, MA

#18 Feb 1, 2013
Valley Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>Could be. Jerk
Just like the news, telling it like it is.
not

Ithaca, NY

#19 Feb 1, 2013
Wacko wrote:
<quoted text>You made mistakes in spelling and puncuation on your thread. Does that mean you're a bad poster and shouldn't do it anymore?
No, just like you hold politicians to a higher standard, you should expect someone who chose the profession of "TV Newscaster" to be able to write and speak better than us "normal" folk.
Wacko

Caldwell, NJ

#20 Feb 1, 2013
not wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just like you hold politicians to a higher standard, you should expect someone who chose the profession of "TV Newscaster" to be able to write and speak better than us "normal" folk.
Lighten up. If the Utica newscasters bother you this much, there is a problem. Shake it off and take out your frustrations on something more important.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 17 min Willy Wonka 34
David Smith, 51 56 min KingAndrewCuomo 6
Why is DA McNamara's office investigated for co... 1 hr KingAndrewCuomo 38
WHICH Assistant DA RESIGNIED over Utica Court W... 1 hr KingAndrewCuomo 11
Hillary Clinton - No good for America Shouldn't... 1 hr CNY Independent 3
Why was Louis Brindisi charged with harassment ... 4 hr Louis is a scumbag 20
Dems Life is Good! 5 hr Hypocrit 7

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages