Dr. Maya Angelou talks "Rainbows" at MVCC

Oct 12, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WKTV

UTICA, N.Y. - Thousands of people packed the new Robert Jorgenson Athletic Event Center at Mohawk Valley Community College Wednesday night to hear a world renowned author and activist address the crowd.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16

Since: Jul 11

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Hey, Maya how about you talk about how your stupid poems while creative don't do a damn thing for humanity. Isn't it always true stupid people can become wealthy and highly regarded by pretending to be artists.
Tip

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

You are an uncultured idiot if you don't know what her impacts have been. Whats the matter are you jealous you have to work for someone else?

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

What. It doesn't matter to me if I work for myself or someone else. Try to get over yourself. But I don't baffle people with bullshit to make a Buck. I'm sure you feel superior to the rest of us because you find meaning on the meaningless. See you tonight at the occupy Utica protest. I'm sure you'll be there so you can be down for another fake struggle. Bring a raincoat and some hand Sanitizer.
Misanthrope

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Here is my impression of the "brilliant" poetry by that black,commie hag:

" Fly, fly, black, rainbow-winged african princess! Fly to the heart of Mother Africa as you escape the shackles of this red, white and blue plantation !"

My version of this tripe:

" Still not enuff food stamps or "free" gum'ment dollars rendered by WORKING white slavemasters ? Too f*cking bad ! Go to Mother Africa and try it there !"

You CAN put polish on a turd, but what do you still have ?
Misanthrope

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Here is another of my original "Misanthropic Angelou-ian Masterpieces"

" Dump ! Squat and dump, oh, simian hag ! Foul the earth with fecal matter and fecal words ! At least 200 pounds ago, Oprah was almost cute...you, my african intruder can only fill commodes and minds of black youth with beliefs of...success ? A job well done ? Now, you ask, oh, where are the soft leaves to clean this massive poopie hole. Yes ! Yes ! I see rainbows too!"
Misanthrope

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

HEEEYYY !!! Where's my PhD ? My writing is as good as that black, commie hag... Let me write a haiku:

"Black pregnant girl, welfare: angel. White man works, pays taxes: devil"
Tip

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Too bad you literally have to jump to ridiculous assumptions to attack in an effort to distract from the fact that you're an ignorant retard who got embarrassed for being an ignorant uncultured bufoon. Now who needs to get over themselves? Can you say something without imaginary bullsiyt like "I'm a Occupy" whatever the fk that's supposed to mean in your ignorant fkn retarded yootican head? Typical pathetic scumbag loser comeback! Ya got anything better than that retard? Because "clever" isn't your talent.
Ricky420 wrote:
What. It doesn't matter to me if I work for myself or someone else. Try to get over yourself. But I don't baffle people with bullshit to make a Buck. I'm sure you feel superior to the rest of us because you find meaning on the meaningless. See you tonight at the occupy Utica protest. I'm sure you'll be there so you can be down for another fake struggle. Bring a raincoat and some hand Sanitizer.
Tip

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

Also retard, the fact that it doesn't matter to you if you work for yourself or not speaks volumes about your values. Keep talking you blithering leech ass.
new hartford

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

booooo maya
she's an ex druggie and prostitute by her own admission. she really has nothing to say.
Tip

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

Judged:

new hartford wrote:
booooo maya
she's an ex druggie and prostitute by her own admission. she really has nothing to say.
Except that shes acconplished far more with her life than you and your judgmental self? You seem real insecure or stupid. Or both.
Tip

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2011

*accomplished. I wouldn't want the judgmental knowitalls to start up. Lord knows they have to resort to extremes and imaginary evil so they can keep talking about things that are far above their little worlds.

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Judged:

Wow "tip" what does someone as Leach ass as myself say to someone as cultured as yourself. Maybe you would be better off watching the reading rainbow than Maya. As shackled as she is her rainbow includes some nice colors but not white maybe what you people should say is kill Whitey not I see rainbows. Isn't that what her poems are about not living in peace with others. Racism is racism even in a poem if you love Her work you must hate at least one group of your fellow Americans.
Tip

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Ricky420 wrote:
Wow "tip" what does someone as Leach ass as myself say to someone as cultured as yourself. Maybe you would be better off watching the reading rainbow than Maya. As shackled as she is her rainbow includes some nice colors but not white maybe what you people should say is kill Whitey not I see rainbows. Isn't that what her poems are about not living in peace with others. Racism is racism even in a poem if you love Her work you must hate at least one group of your fellow Americans.
Listen here retard, Anytime you can accomplish what Maya has accomplished give us a call. And no "correction officer retard" doesn't count got it? Anyone ever nominate YOU for a Pulitzer prize retard? Nope! Anyone pay you to listen to your retarded rants? Nope! Anyone care what you say? Nope!

Get over YOURSELF loser you just made a total ignorant ass out of yourself. Enjoy! Now go catch some pro wrestling and let me know when you come up with something other than piss and feces for a days work!
Gifted

Old Forge, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

You are all so gifted to find negativity in everything. Maybe MVCC should have you come on stage and speak your gospel. I wonder what type of impact that would have. That is, if you have the guts to stand in front of all and speak what you do here.

You are ignorant. You are hateful. You are what is wrong with this country.
cocoa beach

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2011

oh, Tip..........go do something useful with your time if you know how..................

Amherst, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2011

Mmmmmmmmm anger anger anger. My life is nothing in comparison to Maya.but what is hers to mother Teresa?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

171 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
An ode to Rashy Riggie Boy 10 min Rashy Dave 21
Where to get wood chips in bulk (Jun '10) 16 min just passing thru 22
Dan LaBella...where is he now? 16 min Wonder 101
Amy Warney back in OCJ. 17 min nasty 47
Laughing At Utica 20 min Land of analphabetism 2
Official: Goodbye Comets 23 min horses mouth 29
RCIL's Newest Addition Executive Director AKA T... 23 min Ready to Fight 30
comets vancouver 5 hr Canucks Hate Riggies 110
Proctor baseball 8 hr Tony 27