Why are so many people overweight?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Manchild

Syracuse, NY

#1 Dec 9, 2013
I just returned from the mall. WTF is happening to people? The majority of shoppers including kids are just plain fat.
Herbie

Syracuse, NY

#2 Dec 9, 2013
Its the holidays, azzhole and peopel like to eat.
Buzzer

Schenectady, NY

#3 Dec 9, 2013
Because.... Utica. That is all.
BMI is overrated

United States

#5 Dec 9, 2013
Manchild wrote:
I just returned from the mall. WTF is happening to people? The majority of shoppers including kids are just plain fat.
My guess is overweight people probably don't exercise and eat too much....
curious

Albany, NY

#6 Dec 9, 2013
There is nothing attractive or healthy about being overweight, I hate when they get out of their cars with canes and lean up against mine and fling their doors open. Disgusting!!!
Yep

Worcester, MA

#7 Dec 9, 2013
They get handicap tags, and steal spots from real handicap people. Not able to control your food intake is not a disability .
just down rite lazy

Fulton, NY

#8 Dec 10, 2013
curious wrote:
There is nothing attractive or healthy about being overweight, I hate when they get out of their cars with canes and lean up against mine and fling their doors open. Disgusting!!!
this is true the finally get their fat asses out and hit my car door while doing it and have the nerve 2 look at me and say oh the wind took the door. i hat that makes me wanna put the knuckles 2 them. I live next 2 some people that got the sticker and are just 2 a lazy 2 walk 7 feet so she part in front of the building even gos to price chopper and park in front and go in and shops. but she always a has a cigarette in her mouth and I do mean all the time! bitch!
Reality Bites

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 10, 2013
Theyre rude. Park those stupid scooters in the middle of the isle. Bitching about everything. Dirty clothes. I can go on and on.
opinion

New Hartford, NY

#10 Dec 10, 2013
Did it ever occur to all of you that a Handicapped Sticker requires a Doctor's signature AND a medical reason for being handicapped?

NOT all "fat people" are lazy. Have any of you the intelligence to know there are many PHYSICAL reasons (liver, pancres(sp), lung, heart, etc.) problems that have created their reasons for being "overweight"?

Remember the saying "You can't always tell a book by its cover"!!!!
Country Girl

Utica, NY

#11 Dec 10, 2013
Reality Bites wrote:
Theyre rude. Park those stupid scooters in the middle of the isle. Bitching about everything. Dirty clothes. I can go on and on.
They ride them xcuz they're to heavy to walk
Truth

New Hartford, NY

#12 Dec 10, 2013
opinion wrote:
Did it ever occur to all of you that a Handicapped Sticker requires a Doctor's signature AND a medical reason for being handicapped?
NOT all "fat people" are lazy. Have any of you the intelligence to know there are many PHYSICAL reasons (liver, pancres(sp), lung, heart, etc.) problems that have created their reasons for being "overweight"?
Did it ever occur to you that a lack of exercise and poor eating habits are what leads to your organ failure? Even if you obese, you should be in a gym or getting help with your nutrition etc. Enjoy your cats, birds, cigs, beer and Obamacare this holiday season but stop parking next to my car.
Tam

Utica, NY

#13 Dec 10, 2013
Some of the women could at least get in shape so they could attract a black man
opinion

New Hartford, NY

#14 Dec 10, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that a lack of exercise and poor eating habits are what leads to your organ failure? Even if you obese, you should be in a gym or getting help with your nutrition etc. Enjoy your cats, birds, cigs, beer and Obamacare this holiday season but stop parking next to my car.
You just proved how ignorant you really are.

Go back to school and take a science class and LEARN there are other reasons for being overweight than just what you eat!
Star

Utica, NY

#15 Dec 10, 2013
Manchild wrote:
I have even seen kids who are so fat they have to ride the scooters at Walmart..that is horrible, those carts are supposed to be for the truly disabled and the elderly!

It should be considered a form of child neglect to allow a child to get that obese!
opinion

New Hartford, NY

#16 Dec 10, 2013
Star wrote:
<quoted text>I have even seen kids who are so fat they have to ride the scooters at Walmart..that is horrible, those carts are supposed to be for the truly disabled and the elderly!
It should be considered a form of child neglect to allow a child to get that obese!
Again - that child might have a liver or pancreas birth defect, or cancer, or a disease. Kids are usually very active and being as obese as you stated, I would tend to have more compassion and NOT be so judgmental.
Muffin top

Syracuse, NY

#17 Dec 10, 2013
opinion wrote:
OR there being overweight maybe caused all the problems you entioned. Chicken or egg?
Fatty

Syracuse, NY

#18 Dec 10, 2013
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>You just proved how ignorant you really are.
Go back to school and take a science class and LEARN there are other reasons for being overweight than just what you eat!
Go back to school to learn why people are fat? Rarely is a person fat because of a medical situation. Its because they eat too much of the wrong food. Watch who stuffs themselves at Oily Garden, buffets, Mickey D's, etc. That's why people get fat.
Charles

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Dec 10, 2013
I see many fat broads around wearing yoga pants with a thong. Idk why they think that they look good but this is a gross as you can get. I like my women slim and trim. 135 and under. Women should not weigh a deuce or even 175 for that matter
Buzzer

Fayetteville, NY

#20 Dec 10, 2013
Like I said... "Utica."

Oh snap. The positivity brigade is coming around and stamping their negative judgments on people that are telling the truth...:)
Sick of the Obese

New Hartford, NY

#21 Dec 10, 2013
I love it....morbidly obese people justifying their weight while we are expected to subsidize their health problems and poor lifestyle choices.

The next fat azz that dings my car is gonna get a police report filed against them for being too big.
How many times do I purposely park away from handicaps and old school dented up minivans just to end up with my property damaged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bullying Utica judge censured for calling lawye... 5 min Amen 45
corn hill NANO GLOBAL PLANT 7 min noway 2
Teachers, Students Call For Governor Cuomo To F... 22 min Just sayin 260
"Nano Utica" - The Great Taxpayer Fleecing 35 min Callin BS 12
my husband has been cheating on me with a man (Aug '12) 46 min Ttsaa 84
sooper duper nano-bananno center quad-quarters!! 50 min republic 5
Bart depaul (Oct '10) 56 min Johnny Belmont 27
That ridiculous "Utica Sign" celltower! 3 hr fake cs 17
West Utica in the 70s-who/what do you remember (Dec '09) 5 hr Dom 894
Utica Dating