Utica is getting the AHL and I have p...

Utica is getting the AHL and I have proof

Posted in the Utica Forum

Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Schenectady, NY

#1 Feb 24, 2013
I know there's a lot of bs on these boards but this isn't. If you remember when utica got the Mohawk Valley Stars of the now defunct ACHL...well my father was one of the investors. Hes passed now but using his connections and speaking with them they are 100% confirming the rumor as true. They are currently trying to seek out how the information was leaked this early. I swear on my dads grave this info is true. I can't name names right now but I will tell you that once its formally announced I will update this thread with my sources. He is a prominent business man in utica and many of you will definitely recognize his name.

Congratulations Utica! I'm SO happy for you. I never thought once the Devils left that Utica would ever see this quality of hockey again but you are. I know my dad is smiling somewhere right now.
Frank

Leominster, MA

#2 Feb 24, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
I know there's a lot of bs on these boards but this isn't. If you remember when utica got the Mohawk Valley Stars of the now defunct ACHL...well my father was one of the investors. Hes passed now but using his connections and speaking with them they are 100% confirming the rumor as true. They are currently trying to seek out how the information was leaked this early. I swear on my dads grave this info is true. I can't name names right now but I will tell you that once its formally announced I will update this thread with my sources. He is a prominent business man in utica and many of you will definitely recognize his name.
Congratulations Utica! I'm SO happy for you. I never thought once the Devils left that Utica would ever see this quality of hockey again but you are. I know my dad is smiling somewhere right now.
you are talking about duross. Him and Clark are good businessmen but when are they going to realize that PRO TEAMS DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!! Granted, the area near the Aud has improved greatly since the housing was torn down and many ppl wouldnt go bc of the housing, I still don't think it will work. Ppl like going to the uc games bc they are cheap and the house is nearly full. Why ruin a good thing by throwing an AHL team in the mix.
Herb Brooks

Syracuse, NY

#3 Feb 24, 2013
Here we go again......

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#4 Feb 24, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> you are talking about duross. Him and Clark are good businessmen but when are they going to realize that PRO TEAMS DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!! Granted, the area near the Aud has improved greatly since the housing was torn down and many ppl wouldnt go bc of the housing, I still don't think it will work. Ppl like going to the uc games bc they are cheap and the house is nearly full. Why ruin a good thing by throwing an AHL team in the mix.
My source was not frank. I can't name them now but when it's formal I'll post the name here. If you are familiar with local hockey you'll know him. It is done.
not

Schodack Landing, NY

#5 Feb 24, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text> you are talking about duross. Him and Clark are good businessmen but when are they going to realize that PRO TEAMS DON'T WORK HERE!!!!!! Granted, the area near the Aud has improved greatly since the housing was torn down and many ppl wouldnt go bc of the housing, I still don't think it will work. Ppl like going to the uc games bc they are cheap and the house is nearly full. Why ruin a good thing by throwing an AHL team in the mix.
youre a negative chump whose attitude clearly sucks-- and we dont want your silly stupid negative ass at the games. as a matter of fact, youre not allowed in !!!! youre banned forever!!! so please stop commenting no one cares of youre small minded opinion. nobody! because youre the reason and the direct result of FAILURE.... NEGATIVE LOSER !!!!!!!!!
Duh

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 24, 2013
Hey Frank,
Pro hockey didn't work in Providence either. Who changed that? Oh yeah, Frank DuRoss. The man who will run the day to day operations of the team but will NOT, be the owner.
OD

Bronx, NY

#7 Feb 24, 2013
It's online at the OD today. Calgary Flames.
fan

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 24, 2013
All rumors. These "INVESTORS" are looking for public monies. Where will that come from, Mr. AHL?

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#9 Feb 24, 2013
fan wrote:
All rumors. These "INVESTORS" are looking for public monies. Where will that come from, Mr. AHL?
The money has already been secured actually.

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#10 Feb 24, 2013
Read the last part of the article folks. The locker rooms and training facilities are already complete. The announcement is 3/23.
notme

Utica, NY

#11 Feb 24, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
The money has already been secured actually.
you care to give us a hint about it being secured is it private or state funds? the money sure isn't coming from Utica or Oneida County

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#12 Feb 24, 2013
http://961wodz.com/ahl-hockey-is-returning-to...

Sorry. Forgot to post the link.
not true

Boston, MA

#13 Feb 24, 2013
Esche interviewed today. Irons in fire..nothing concrete.

Calgary has 4 other locations vying and we are the furthest away.

Rob, youve got a few bucks. Bank them.

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#14 Feb 24, 2013
not true wrote:
Esche interviewed today. Irons in fire..nothing concrete.
Calgary has 4 other locations vying and we are the furthest away.
Rob, youve got a few bucks. Bank them.
It's done. No one will formally commit until the announcement. Pretty standard stuff.
fan

Utica, NY

#15 Feb 24, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's done. No one will formally commit until the announcement. Pretty standard stuff.
Standard stuff. They are expecting public monies to improve facility. Who is going to give them money? Palmieri?
Paul Newman

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 24, 2013
Season tickets go on sale March 25th. This is the best day of my life!

Level 4

Schenectady, NY

#17 Feb 24, 2013
fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Standard stuff. They are expecting public monies to improve facility. Who is going to give them money? Palmieri?
It's all done. Check back towards the end of next month and stayed tuned during that time as this further develops towards the inevitable announcement.
notme

Utica, NY

#18 Feb 24, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
http://961wodz.com/ahl-hockey- is-returning-to-utica-the-calg ary-flames-will-hit-the-ice-fo r-the-2013-2014-season/
Sorry. Forgot to post the link.
the article doesn't say where the money is coming from to update the Aud. i can't see the owners putting in the money to update the building, and waiting for state grants could take years.
Frank

Leominster, MA

#19 Feb 24, 2013
not wrote:
<quoted text>
youre a negative chump whose attitude clearly sucks-- and we dont want your silly stupid negative ass at the games. as a matter of fact, youre not allowed in !!!! youre banned forever!!! so please stop commenting no one cares of youre small minded opinion. nobody! because youre the reason and the direct result of FAILURE.... NEGATIVE LOSER !!!!!!!!!
and when they move out I will be here laughing preparing "my told ya so"!
True Utican

Southbridge, MA

#20 Feb 24, 2013
Hey not, you're a tool bag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Confederate Society 9 min lmb 4
Bristol Palin, 46 min Lyle Bosley 9
pay phones 3 hr Ohh 4
Blocking the sidewalk 7 hr discussion compro... 34
Planet Fitness - New Hartford, NY (Dec '10) 8 hr Joey 30
Saying your a single mom, does not make you a hero (Nov '12) 9 hr BSP 104
ungrateful children (Aug '13) 13 hr Briana 82
News 7 Restaurants in Utica Every Visitor MUST Check... Mon LOL 11
More from around the web

Utica People Search