AR 15 as Investment
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
curious

Ardsley, NY

#1 Dec 18, 2012
I would like to buy a number of these for investment purposes as I'm sure they won't be sold legally as new in the future. Where can these be purchased locally and what are they currently selling for?
Triji

United States

#2 Dec 18, 2012
K&K in Utica has them for walk in buys but if you want quantity you could try one of the big brokers in the South and they can help you with the paperwork and shipping with the orders. Average $1200-$1600 for plain Jane up to $6500 if you load them up modify the lowers etc. I am not sure they will be able to ban them despite the Newtown shooting again but yeah last time they went through the roof nothing stops us from selling privately as long as you owned them pre-ban. Just no dealers and watch how you store them if you end up with a few. This latest shooting and ruckus is just artificially inflating them again but why complain jump on you will not lose as long as you do it all legit nobody can say you can't.
curious

Ardsley, NY

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Triji wrote:
K&K in Utica has them for walk in buys but if you want quantity you could try one of the big brokers in the South and they can help you with the paperwork and shipping with the orders. Average $1200-$1600 for plain Jane up to $6500 if you load them up modify the lowers etc. I am not sure they will be able to ban them despite the Newtown shooting again but yeah last time they went through the roof nothing stops us from selling privately as long as you owned them pre-ban. Just no dealers and watch how you store them if you end up with a few. This latest shooting and ruckus is just artificially inflating them again but why complain jump on you will not lose as long as you do it all legit nobody can say you can't.
Next to owning physical gold, Im gonna pluck about 100 grand on these babies while the getting is good. Seems like it's time to buy while legal. Any other suggestions?
yeah yeah

Carthage, NY

#4 Dec 18, 2012
the tommy gun is worth thousands so i guess its a great investment

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

New Hartford, NY

#5 Dec 18, 2012
Another good idea may be to buy high capacity magazines for Ar or Ak like 30 rounders, or 100 rd Beta C mags. They usually go up in price and not as hard to sell as guns.
just curious

Ardsley, NY

#7 Dec 18, 2012
Isn't a 30 round clip the maximum capacity one is legally allowed to own or is that in order for it to be sold?

Also, are mods legal with exception of bayonet, silencer, and/or grenade on barrel. Partially caught something on Oreilly and didn't know if it was state or national law.

Level 2

Since: Dec 12

New Hartford, NY

#8 Dec 18, 2012
in NY State you can only have 10 round mags unless they're Pre Ban. A few mods are legal but in all honesty if you wanted so spend a lot to buy AR-15 in bulk you should set your business up outside of NY State because all ARs are modified to be NY state legal and the market is not as big.
The Ars in NY cant have a collapsible stock, proper flash suppressor, bayonet lug.
Only real mods to do are rail systems, flip up sights, you can have 37MM flare launcher but thats just for fun or show not really much lethal or useful purposes for it.
To be honest, This probably isn't a good idea to sink a lot of money into. Too many regulations and the market is unstable. Also, it sounds like you don't know very much about weapons or gun laws and you really need to do lots of research before getting involved
yeah yeah

Carthage, NY

#9 Dec 19, 2012
Telemon7 wrote:
in NY State you can only have 10 round mags unless they're Pre Ban. A few mods are legal but in all honesty if you wanted so spend a lot to buy AR-15 in bulk you should set your business up outside of NY State because all ARs are modified to be NY state legal and the market is not as big.
The Ars in NY cant have a collapsible stock, proper flash suppressor, bayonet lug.
Only real mods to do are rail systems, flip up sights, you can have 37MM flare launcher but thats just for fun or show not really much lethal or useful purposes for it.
To be honest, This probably isn't a good idea to sink a lot of money into. Too many regulations and the market is unstable. Also, it sounds like you don't know very much about weapons or gun laws and you really need to do lots of research before getting involved
cops mod the guns and get away with it
BeenThereDoneTHA T

Syracuse, NY

#10 Dec 19, 2012
You're all making a colossal phucking mistake spending your hard earned dollars on these arms. DON'T DO IT the way your talking. You have to buy them from a private sale, NOT a dealer. JoeBlowhard wants to sell you his rifle, you pay him, and that's that. Nobody knows, the govament don't know, your mother don't know and that's that. OTHERWISE, it's on record that you are in posession of the rifle, your mother'll know, the babysitter'll know, you might as well hang a sign on your house saying, come get me bastards! and when the day comes, and it WILL come, they will knock on your door "requesting" that you hand it over as in "confiscate", and that day is coming. I should die before it happens, but it's coming.

Level 7

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#11 Dec 19, 2012
What a pack of Paranoid Douche Nozzles.
Go ahead, blow all your money on Assault Weapons and High Capacity Mags.
When the "Government" comes for you, I'm sure you'll have all the firepower you need to take down Helicopter Gunships, and Tanks, and Battalions of well trained and well armed Soldiers.

MORONS!!!

Level 7

Location hidden

#12 Dec 19, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Next to owning physical gold, Im gonna pluck about 100 grand on these babies while the getting is good. Seems like it's time to buy while legal. Any other suggestions?
Here's a suggestion for you, I knew a guy a few years ago who thought it was a "great idea" to collect "Beanie Babies" he had thousands of them, now they are worth less than they were when he bought them.

So......Beanie Babies.
Look at this tool

United States

#13 Dec 19, 2012
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a suggestion for you, I knew a guy a few years ago who thought it was a "great idea" to collect "Beanie Babies" he had thousands of them, now they are worth less than they were when he bought them.
So......Beanie Babies.
Another famously retarded analogy from utica topix' favorite retard. No wonder you espouce the handout lifestyle you're one of those pessimists who don't take risks. History shows not only that you're dead wrong you're ALREADY wrong the prices are already up across the board. Don't worry one day one of those weapons may protect your worthless coward hyde. Get ready for the news that's already spreading and gaining support even from anti gun people moron! Soon all schools will have armed employees like Texas and Isreal where oddly they don't have these problems. In Texas where they're quietly doing this many parents PREFER to take their kids out of unarmed districts and place them in ARMED districts they don't have enough space lol!

So once again your ridiculous pussyass outlook is shown to be weak and ineffective. Others have already noted that if these teachers were already armed this wouldn't have happened and if it did it wouldn't be as bad so why don't you shove your wimp head back up your ass and let people come to these realizations now that it is on the public stage. You see what good waiting for ARMED police to show up gets you again now don't you? Is THAT you're "solution"? How many dozens more over decades will you need to see die before you realize you're a fruitcake for just thinking you can legislate or moralize something away?!! I guess you prefer it like this, kids and helpless teachers locked in a building with a guy who stole weapons! SPITBALLS would help you think moron? I guess you just think "wishing it away" would help you fkn newt loser? Can you even wipe your own ASS without someone to HELP you? WTF seriously you're a pathetic illogical mess!
I can only IMAGINE what kind of ineffective worthless wimp you are in person when something goes wrong! Just the stupid reasoning and dumb shyt you say shows you're some kind of helpless simpleton who'd never realize how fkd up you are until it's too late.
Info for you

United States

#14 Dec 19, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That might be a little bit too much because you gotta do the paper and ins and storage for all that while you wait to sell but if you really insist find a wholesaler who'd work with you. The other guys are right too about the accessories they're already selling out and it is a lot less heat and paper. Transferring 100-120+ weapons in a little heavy on the paperwork end remember that's both ways. When you buy and when you sell. Depending on your advertising you would take maybe a year or two to move them online or at the shows and you really need to do a lot more paper with ATFE if you plan to move them out of country. Your lawyer is your best friend here too. A good safe bet would be an order of 20 consecutive # bushmaster and maybe 20 pc. of another likely banned item and yes you can spec that in an order over 10 pc. You can even arrange a paper sale no possession and dealers will even store them and drop ship them for you. But if you store them properly yourself they will not depreciate ever even if they don't touch the bans which I actually doubt myself. They will try to talk about it but here it's too obvious. People hearing about this shooting will quickly realize that it once again points out the ludicrous flaws in banning weapons. By all accounts the woman was complaint in every detail of her ownership and still every single thing the anti gun lobby relies on to save us from things like this failed miserably.
Nevermind the antigun nutcases here too just check the history these always go up anyway a modest rate. It's just a matter of what you're looking for as far as cycle time to do it all. It's tough but it is a good investment risk considering the ban talk. Don't expect to get super rich unless you really hang it out there but ask around you'll learn you won't lose and will end up with a bunch of good new friends and stories.

Level 7

Location hidden

#15 Dec 19, 2012
Look at this tool wrote:
<quoted text>Another famously retarded analogy from utica topix' favorite retard. No wonder you espouce the handout lifestyle you're one of those pessimists who don't take risks. History shows not only that you're dead wrong you're ALREADY wrong the prices are already up across the board. Don't worry one day one of those weapons may protect your worthless coward hyde. Get ready for the news that's already spreading and gaining support even from anti gun people moron! Soon all schools will have armed employees like Texas and Isreal where oddly they don't have these problems. In Texas where they're quietly doing this many parents PREFER to take their kids out of unarmed districts and place them in ARMED districts they don't have enough space lol!
So once again your ridiculous pussyass outlook is shown to be weak and ineffective. Others have already noted that if these teachers were already armed this wouldn't have happened and if it did it wouldn't be as bad so why don't you shove your wimp head back up your ass and let people come to these realizations now that it is on the public stage. You see what good waiting for ARMED police to show up gets you again now don't you? Is THAT you're "solution"? How many dozens more over decades will you need to see die before you realize you're a fruitcake for just thinking you can legislate or moralize something away?!! I guess you prefer it like this, kids and helpless teachers locked in a building with a guy who stole weapons! SPITBALLS would help you think moron? I guess you just think "wishing it away" would help you fkn newt loser? Can you even wipe your own ASS without someone to HELP you? WTF seriously you're a pathetic illogical mess!
I can only IMAGINE what kind of ineffective worthless wimp you are in person when something goes wrong! Just the stupid reasoning and dumb shyt you say shows you're some kind of helpless simpleton who'd never realize how fkd up you are until it's too late.
You are a scared small minded individual, I will never live my life fearful of those around me, if we care about our fellow Man and insure there is help for those in need, Arming ourselves as if we are at War will not be necessary. There will always be a handful of frightened little Boys, pissing themselves in the corner afraid to go out without a Gun, because they need to overcompensate for their Sexual inadequacies. You have fun with that. I am not afraid.
Look at this tool

United States

#16 Dec 19, 2012
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>You are a scared small minded individual, I will never live my life fearful of those around me, if we care about our fellow Man and insure there is help for those in need, Arming ourselves as if we are at War will not be necessary. There will always be a handful of frightened little Boys, pissing themselves in the corner afraid to go out without a Gun, because they need to overcompensate for their Sexual inadequacies. You have fun with that. I am not afraid.
God shut the fck up retard. You're the first azzhole to start in with your names and sick childish bullshit! You now rant off into sexual thoughts as usual? You're ao ne trick pony I see you couldn't come up with ANY reply but a sexual joke.
You are a fkn wipm NO-SOLUTION but attacks and put downs coward and you live with your head so far up your ass you probably have to feed and talk through a tube.
Why don't you use your projected fake intelligence to do something nore constructive with your time like popsickle stick bridges or something more your speed fuckface?

Good luck hoping everyone suddenly becomes a law abiding unarmed citizen you simpleton no-reply no-debate jackass once and for all you should GET THE HINT you are in the extreme minority with your pinhead shit so fk off Bod and take your mental sideshow with you until you start making some sense which I predict will be fuckin NEVER? Got it?
danny

Woburn, MA

#17 Dec 19, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
sks are a better investment

Level 7

Location hidden

#18 Dec 19, 2012
Look at this tool wrote:
<quoted text>God shut the fck up retard. You're the first azzhole to start in with your names and sick childish bullshit! You now rant off into sexual thoughts as usual? You're ao ne trick pony I see you couldn't come up with ANY reply but a sexual joke.
You are a fkn wipm NO-SOLUTION but attacks and put downs coward and you live with your head so far up your ass you probably have to feed and talk through a tube.
Why don't you use your projected fake intelligence to do something nore constructive with your time like popsickle stick bridges or something more your speed fuckface?
Good luck hoping everyone suddenly becomes a law abiding unarmed citizen you simpleton no-reply no-debate jackass once and for all you should GET THE HINT you are in the extreme minority with your pinhead shit so fk off Bod and take your mental sideshow with you until you start making some sense which I predict will be fuckin NEVER? Got it?
It's an old supposition, not a "sexual joke" Guns are Phallic and usually Guys like you also drive Big Trucks, it's not personal. It is what it is, you certainly seem awfully agitated though. Maybe I struck a nerve? And I know my intelligence is not comparable to yours, but if you increase your vocabulary just a little bit, you wouldn't need to use quite so many vulgarities.
Look at this tool

United States

#19 Dec 19, 2012
Bodhisatva wrote:
<quoted text>It's an old supposition, not a "sexual joke" Guns are Phallic and usually Guys like you also drive Big Trucks, it's not personal. It is what it is, you certainly seem awfully agitated though. Maybe I struck a nerve? And I know my intelligence is not comparable to yours, but if you increase your vocabulary just a little bit, you wouldn't need to use quite so many vulgarities.
Struck a nerve? Yeah you struck your GSpot is all. As usual you're just rerun attempts at funnies and stupid rhetoric. At my most vulgar my thoughts are well well above yours. You still think hoping is going to save you. Even if they stop making them altogether imbecile people will use cars, bombs and whatever. Pull your fat egotistical head out of your equally fat ass and stop pretending your amateur psych diploma is wirth anything moron. YOu get cornered and you try to INSINUATE you "know" all this you';re just afkn asshole like I said shut the fk up because here as in life I'm sure nobody wants to hear your vapid kiddie insults disguised as discourse. Your whole act is name calling and trying to push off like you're some fkn "intellect" you're a wimp coward poverty case nobody on topix demanding handouts liberal ideals and claiming everyone who opposes your view "must be" this or that to suit your paranoid idiotic world view. Insults are easy, I'm still; waiting for you to pop a single thought that doesn't rely on your amateur psyche skills or totally ridiculous false logic. Again you're just an asshole. I'm sure you're used to that notion! Now can you defend any of your illogical supposition-based rants or are you just going to keep pretending all these faults you can't see in anyone who tells you what a fkn asshole you are?
Politico

Little Falls, NY

#20 Dec 19, 2012
All I can say about this foolish conversation is wow. There will always be people who by some means want to hurt or kill others. We will always have people who have mental issues this is nothing new. I want people who need help to get it I want people who own guns which is there right to be responsible and lock them up. We need backround checks at gun shows. What we don't need is to fight anymore over this.
Freebie the Bean

Syracuse, NY

#21 Dec 19, 2012
Bohdisatva gets his name from a Steely Dan song. He contributes nothing to this forum and is a bootlicker of Candyass Andy Cuomo. Stay off this forum, Bodhisatva, you are a ragamuffin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Worst place for a wedding reception 4 min truth 4
Tax Redeemer Church OR Shut It Down (May '14) 5 min truth 35
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 11 min The Taxpayers are 163
What's happen ended to hapanowicz market meats? 14 min Stan the Kabasa Man 2
utica/county to help fund downtown hospital garage 21 min Wants To Know 53
Who is Tim Sherman??? (Nov '08) 34 min Curious 6
Trump says upstate New Yorkers should move 35 min nice 56
Police Cover-up in New Hartford 2 hr Never letting go ... 220
OC ADA Mike Nolan.... 10 hr Youre next Fukko 63
Tried Anal-Hated It! 12 hr Utica a welfare t... 32