Bill exempts firefighters from city r...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hank brackett

Long Eddy, NY

#21 Jun 23, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
That.s a lie 4th most decorated NYS Vietnam war Vet.
Don't make me list all his commendations again. I got carpal tunnel doing that once. Brooks claims to be a vietnam vet...I checked and it's true.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#22 Jun 23, 2013
Listen says "You're putting money before people, and that's why things are quickly deteriorating in this country and society!"

Your joking right. How many employees in police and fire make over $70,000 a year. Do you know how much US solders make? Public safety unions are greedy and are deteriorating this country and this city.

I used to look up to fire and police as a kid they lived in my neighborhood. I was so proud to say they lived on my street. Now, they are gone. It is a serious problem.

They have given up on us.

UFD. Utica Forget you Department.
UPD Utica Please your on your own Department.

Where is the pride in your community men. Bunch of yellow bellies.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#23 Jun 23, 2013
Brooks lives in the city. He is no yellow bellie.
k i s s

Cortland, NY

#24 Jun 23, 2013
It's simple and clear. The law is the law and it says city employees must live within city limits except fireman. The law was enacted by the same individuals YOU put in office. Your choices are petition or wait for the next election.

That said, its a meaningless bill. Every few years it's extended and never enforced. Very few city employees live within city limits. Those grandfathered are promoted time after time, which is clearly a violation of the same bill.

I have an opinion on what I believe should be in the bill, but its not the issue (besides, those thoughts should be passed to someone with a vote:)For me its why waste taxpayer money voting on a bill that's basically reaffirmed time after time without any enforcement. Either get rid of the requirement or enforce it. Pretty simple IMO
So sad

Herkimer, NY

#25 Jun 23, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
Listen says "You're putting money before people, and that's why things are quickly deteriorating in this country and society!"
Your joking right. How many employees in police and fire make over $70,000 a year. Do you know how much US solders make? Public safety unions are greedy and are deteriorating this country and this city.
I used to look up to fire and police as a kid they lived in my neighborhood. I was so proud to say they lived on my street. Now, they are gone. It is a serious problem.
They have given up on us.
UFD. Utica Forget you Department.
UPD Utica Please your on your own Department.
Where is the pride in your community men. Bunch of yellow bellies.
You just proved listen point, the money comes first.
Sam

Greig, NY

#26 Jun 23, 2013
hank brackett wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't make me list all his commendations again. I got carpal tunnel doing that once. Brooks claims to be a vietnam vet...I checked and it's true.
You can list and write all you want, You must be the only one. produce DD-214
OIN

Carthage, NY

#27 Jun 23, 2013
k i s s wrote:
It's simple and clear. The law is the law and it says city employees must live within city limits except fireman. The law was enacted by the same individuals YOU put in office. Your choices are petition or wait for the next election.
That said, its a meaningless bill. Every few years it's extended and never enforced. Very few city employees live within city limits. Those grandfathered are promoted time after time, which is clearly a violation of the same bill.
I have an opinion on what I believe should be in the bill, but its not the issue (besides, those thoughts should be passed to someone with a vote:)For me its why waste taxpayer money voting on a bill that's basically reaffirmed time after time without any enforcement. Either get rid of the requirement or enforce it. Pretty simple IMO
the tax payers voted on this once and they voted they have to live in the city limits... don't know where AB was when people voted majority ruled but not in his case
blahbly

Little Falls, NY

#28 Jun 23, 2013
exactly the people of the city of utica have spoken on this issue. Now they are getting a state politician to override there will. What happened to America folks?

this is despicable and yet no one says a gosh darn thing.
OIN

Carthage, NY

#29 Jun 23, 2013
blahbly wrote:
exactly the people of the city of utica have spoken on this issue. Now they are getting a state politician to override there will. What happened to America folks?
this is despicable and yet no one says a gosh darn thing.
what they are doing is people volunteer as fireman they get our city to pay for the training and they are volunteers for their town and get paid in the city but they are not volunteering,, also the county gives no money for the training for the volunteering fireman the city has to pay for the full training and the person lives outside the city and provides a service to the county volunteer firedept
Edward

Little Falls, NY

#30 Jun 23, 2013
OIN wrote:
<quoted text>what they are doing is people volunteer as fireman they get our city to pay for the training and they are volunteers for their town and get paid in the city but they are not volunteering,, also the county gives no money for the training for the volunteering fireman the city has to pay for the full training and the person lives outside the city and provides a service to the county volunteer firedept
Good god man. What the hell are you trying to say above?????!!!! It rambles on like you're on an acid trip.

I'm not sure exactly but if i had to try ans address what you wrote....volunteer fire depts pay for there own training just like the city. And it's the same courses by NYS. Volunteers do it for there area and community. Career firemen do it for the pay etc. but there is no mixing and mingling like I think you're implying. There is a clear separation there. Especially in this area. Each group has about zero respect for each other. And of course it's a Utica thing. Goto NYC and half the paid guys do volunteer on the island where they live. Not it Utica though. There special. And UFD that volunteers is an outcast and shunned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Would You Tell Jesus If You Had a 5 Minute... 18 min showtime 29
Kyle Bowen 19 min Buttsniffer 25
Pro Boxers in Utica 24 min GHR 5
Liberals hiding Muslim hate crimes against LGBT 55 min exposing liberal... 1
keeler claw machine 1 hr fat bald dumb 5
News Upstate job growth slow despite taxpayer subsidies (Mar '17) 1 hr Distroy Demokrate 594
Best bars to hang out in Clinton 1 hr Ralph 6
Hobika loses 1 hr hahaha 25
Craigslist Personals Replacement 1 hr Get a real life 62
New Greek restaurant on Genesee 13 hr Jack Pot 35
Old School Bar/Restaurant Culver Ave 15 hr Sss 16
Ispy photos of Utica Fur Ball 17 hr Larry Joseph 22

Utica Jobs

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages