Bill exempts firefighters from city r...

Bill exempts firefighters from city residency rule

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#1 Jun 22, 2013
It's a shame some police,fireman,city employees and teachers take from the city tax payer and don't give back by living in Utica. It's the number one thing that can help stabilize neighborhoods.

We have many beautiful homes and areas. Our School system offers many AP courses and many great students and programs. Love Proctors new theater.

However,local media focus more on the negative students and not the positive ones. Although , the OD has featured positive stories about the new refugee students and their accomplishments. I am grateful for that. Certainly, some Realtors could do a better job in promoting the city. Sometimes I wonder how they can call themselves sales people. I have heard some of the stuff they have said.

It is hard to have sustainability when government employees take and don't give back. It hurts everything.
Bottom line, like the old saying says 'don't bite the hand that feeds you'.
Listen

Herkimer, NY

#2 Jun 22, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
It's a shame some police,fireman,city employees and teachers take from the city tax payer and don't give back by living in Utica. It's the number one thing that can help stabilize neighborhoods.
We have many beautiful homes and areas. Our School system offers many AP courses and many great students and programs. Love Proctors new theater.
However,local media focus more on the negative students and not the positive ones. Although , the OD has featured positive stories about the new refugee students and their accomplishments. I am grateful for that. Certainly, some Realtors could do a better job in promoting the city. Sometimes I wonder how they can call themselves sales people. I have heard some of the stuff they have said.
It is hard to have sustainability when government employees take and don't give back. It hurts everything.
Police protect us, firemen saves lives, and teachers educate our children. I don't care where they choose to live. Do you really believe if they all lived in our city things would be much better?? I seriously doubt it!!
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#3 Jun 22, 2013
Police could protect more,fireman could save more lives and teachers could educate more if they lived in the city. It's a fact and I do care about the city. Those who take from and don't give back do not. Plain and simple. They only care about themselves.

The grass is always greener where you water it. So,put that in your pipe and smoke it.
Stop

Newington, CT

#4 Jun 22, 2013
Listen wrote:
<quoted text>
Police protect us, firemen saves lives, and teachers educate our children. I don't care where they choose to live. Do you really believe if they all lived in our city things would be much better?? I seriously doubt it!!
I totally agree with what you said!
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#5 Jun 22, 2013
Every time you buy something for your family and every time you put a fork in your mouth you should remember where that money came form. It came from me and ever other tax payer in the city. This is a sore subject for me. You will never change my mind.
Each city,fire,police and teacher employee that lives outside of the city hurts the city.
Bbo

Forest Hills, NY

#6 Jun 22, 2013
Surely, there are better things on which to have legislated for this badly hurting region than this. These public servants receive a great salary and benefits for their hard work. That remuneration comes from the city's taxpayers. They should live in the communities they serve, end of story. This area is hurting so badly and this is the best legislation these politicians could come up with? All for the purposes of voting reciprocity. Utica politics at its finest. No wonder we have the problems we do. Shame on those who initiated and voted for this legislation...it is an abuse and nothing more.
Does it not

Little Falls, NY

#7 Jun 22, 2013
Does anyone not have to chuckle how in the pocket assemblyman brindisi is to the Utica fire dept and the city of Utica. First the special ambance bill, now this. Must be awful nice having a politico bought and paid for. To those thinking they're getting everything on a silver platter... Be careful what you wish for... Someday the markers will get called and you might be surprised what the pay back is with interest.
Stupid

Schenectady, NY

#8 Jun 22, 2013
If all your worried abou is giving back $$$$ your the ones who are selfish. These men and woman come and put there lives on the line day in and day out for the people of utica who 90% rent and don't pay taxes u idiots. Sorry the stand up men and woman who have jobs want a better life for their children because they see what goes on in inner city schools. All te major stores people need to buy things from are located in the city of utica and that's where the men and woman give there money back so keep your lame as$ bs that there not living in the city to urself and u try dealing with the fine $hitbags of the city
hank brackett

Syracuse, NY

#9 Jun 22, 2013
Not that they will do it, be when it comes time to appoint new members to the dept., they should bypass all non-city residents that are on the civil service list and appoint only city residents. There's no guarantee, however, that once hired on, they will continue to live in the city. You can ask any UPD or UFD member who live outside the city. The pay & bennies are great being a city employee. But to live there? No f-ing way.I'm outta here!!!!!!!!
Wally

Little Falls, NY

#10 Jun 22, 2013
Stupid wrote:
If all your worried abou is giving back $$$$ your the ones who are selfish. These men and woman come and put there lives on the line day in and day out for the people of utica who 90% rent and don't pay taxes u idiots. Sorry the stand up men and woman who have jobs want a better life for their children because they see what goes on in inner city schools. All te major stores people need to buy things from are located in the city of utica and that's where the men and woman give there money back so keep your lame as$ bs that there not living in the city to urself and u try dealing with the fine $hitbags of the city
What major stores are in that dump of a city? Most of the stores anyone shops at are in NH. Please. Go spin some more yarn will yah. Enjoy your time in fantasy land.
Frank

Herkimer, NY

#11 Jun 22, 2013
Why would anyone in their right frame of mind want to live in septic tank New York? Oop's, my mistake, I mean Utica New York.
OIN

Carthage, NY

#12 Jun 22, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
you should submit this comment http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact/GovernorCo...
OIN

Carthage, NY

#13 Jun 22, 2013
all of you should send your comments http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact/GovernorCo... if they was ever a catastrophe we are going to wish we had people with training around ,, because the fireman will be out of the county in the boondocks with no way for us to contact them they will be more concerned with their own community not ours
IAFF

Little Falls, NY

#14 Jun 22, 2013
OIN wrote:
all of you should send your comments http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact/GovernorCo... if they was ever a catastrophe we are going to wish we had people with training around ,, because the fireman will be out of the county in the boondocks with no way for us to contact them they will be more concerned with their own community not ours
That's what mutual aid is for. From all those vollys.
OIN

Carthage, NY

#15 Jun 22, 2013
IAFF wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what mutual aid is for. From all those vollys.
not if its a huge catastrophe world wide our tax training money with be elsewhere? this is why they have this law in place its not because of money its because of heath and preservation.. you don't buy an "emergency kit" and send it to another county the kit is useless in another county
crae

Utica, NY

#16 Jun 23, 2013
they could care less. just keep the public safety machine humming along. nothing to see here now, move along please....

HAHA
Listen

Herkimer, NY

#17 Jun 23, 2013
If I'm proving a service for your safety, where I desire to live is my choice. Are we the land of the free, or the land of the free as long as you do what I say. You right fighters are fighting for the wrong things, there are much bigger concerns out there way beyond where people live. You're putting money before people, and that's why things are quickly deteriorating in this country and society!
hank brackett

Long Eddy, NY

#18 Jun 23, 2013
As long as chief Brooks stays on the force at the age of 89 the UFD will continue to thrive. He is the 4th most decorated NYS Vietnam war veteran.
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#19 Jun 23, 2013
Listen wrote:
If I'm proving a service for your safety, where I desire to live is my choice. Are we the land of the free, or the land of the free as long as you do what I say. You right fighters are fighting for the wrong things, there are much bigger concerns out there way beyond where people live. You're putting money before people, and that's why things are quickly deteriorating in this country and society!
It is the land of the free. You must live in one of those communities that has a volunteer fire department. Which is close to free for the tax payer. Volunteers get a tax break on their property tax. That is about it.

Oops guess you can't get a job there.

My point is by living some where else you are not helping the city that puts food on your table.

But,I guess you don't care about that.

Give me the money and screw you attitude.
Sam

Greig, NY

#20 Jun 23, 2013
hank brackett wrote:
As long as chief Brooks stays on the force at the age of 89 the UFD will continue to thrive. He is the 4th most decorated NYS Vietnam war veteran.
That.s a lie 4th most decorated NYS Vietnam war Vet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
smell on oriskany st 22 min Tin Man 9
Utica schools a mess! 48 min Worker 12
Single Male Looking 1 hr Francis 1
Ok all you Corvette C6 guys... 1 hr Calling Your Bluff 10
State Audit proves Comets Aud is a scam operation. 2 hr So much for 537
HOw's the "Utica Nano Space Shuttle" doing? 2 hr Roger Throttle Up 37
IBM to Halt NY Expansion 2 hr Own it 33
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 2 hr funny that 55
Esche thread deleted...too hot to handle? 5 hr Fail again Tazz 78
Proctor graduation 5 hr Proctard Fail 36