Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Only crazy gun people could with one breath remark that gun owners are peaceful, law abiding citizens. Then with the very next, advocate for the violent overthrow of the government via the 2nd amendment, and condone murdering federal agents who come to take weapons away.

Keep up the good work, you have a lot of credibility!
your

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

A tool. Get your head out of the sand.
Utica miscount

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica Viscount wrote:
Only crazy gun people could with one breath remark that gun owners are peaceful, law abiding citizens. Then with the very next, advocate for the violent overthrow of the government via the 2nd amendment, and condone murdering federal agents who come to take weapons away.
Keep up the good work, you have a lot of credibility!
And you showed your true colors on the "Topix moderators" thread where you said "it's a free country." In one breath you say that this site is privately owned and the moderators can do as they please, but in the next you say that folks with privately owned firearms can NOT do as they please. Well? Which is it?
I would say that you, Sir, are the very picture of hypocrasy.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica miscount wrote:
<quoted text>
And you showed your true colors on the "Topix moderators" thread where you said "it's a free country." In one breath you say that this site is privately owned and the moderators can do as they please, but in the next you say that folks with privately owned firearms can NOT do as they please. Well? Which is it?
I would say that you, Sir, are the very picture of hypocrasy.
You managed to mis-spell the "hypocrisy" even though the root word is at the very top of the page. Strong work.

Since you are somehow trying to compare and contrast the combination of private property and free speech rights that dictate the running of a website, and the gun rights of the nation with the loosest firearm laws in the free world, apparently you need some education in the rule of law.

It is a free country, but within this free country is a series of laws which exist to protect the well-being of the populace. Without these codes that society lives by, you have the unsustainable condition of anarchy. You may be familiar with the Oliver Wendell Holmes quote about shouting "fire!" in a crowded theatre. We have laws that limit individual free speech to prevent the damaging consequences of libel and slander, much as we have weapon laws to prevent the damaging consequences of violence.
freud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Uns save lives gun control admocates KILL babies
Utica miscount

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
You managed to mis-spell the "hypocrisy" even though the root word is at the very top of the page. Strong work.
Since you are somehow trying to compare and contrast the combination of private property and free speech rights that dictate the running of a website, and the gun rights of the nation with the loosest firearm laws in the free world, apparently you need some education in the rule of law.
It is a free country, but within this free country is a series of laws which exist to protect the well-being of the populace. Without these codes that society lives by, you have the unsustainable condition of anarchy. You may be familiar with the Oliver Wendell Holmes quote about shouting "fire!" in a crowded theatre. We have laws that limit individual free speech to prevent the damaging consequences of libel and slander, much as we have weapon laws to prevent the damaging consequences of violence.
Well I guess you won. I can no longer debate you because I spelled a word wrong. You have to be one of the most arrogant people on this site. Your posts drip with sarcasm and contempt for everyone who does not agree with you. You can't accept the fact that other opinions are valid. No, they are just wrong.

Back to the topic. I read on another post where someone talked about the whole yelling "fire" in a theater. For that crime, the person is punished. We don't gag the person ahead of time, right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica miscount wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I guess you won. I can no longer debate you because I spelled a word wrong. You have to be one of the most arrogant people on this site. Your posts drip with sarcasm and contempt for everyone who does not agree with you. You can't accept the fact that other opinions are valid. No, they are just wrong.
Back to the topic. I read on another post where someone talked about the whole yelling "fire" in a theater. For that crime, the person is punished. We don't gag the person ahead of time, right?
Those with a formal education tend to value the advantage that proper spelling and grammar bring to dialogue, and if English is your primary language you have little excuse.

Statues exist to prevent both dangerous or harmful speech and possession of dangerous weapons. The difference is that using words incorrectly (in a libelous manner) might lead to some bruised reputations, someone using a firearm incorrectly ends up with innocent people in the morgue. Therefore it is more sensible to limit such precarious weaponry before the blood is spilled, rather than ex-post-facto. Please remember that Supreme Court cases regarding the 1st Amendment were tried after Americans rallied in opposition to intervention in the Russian Revolution, and 2nd amendment decisions usually occurred after the deaths of many innocent Americans.

Trying to equate the ability of citizens in a modern, progressive society to own weapons of war with the ability of citizens to freely communicate is deranged at best.
Utica miscount

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
Those with a formal education tend to value the advantage that proper spelling and grammar bring to dialogue, and if English is your primary language you have little excuse.
Statues exist to prevent both dangerous or harmful speech and possession of dangerous weapons. The difference is that using words incorrectly (in a libelous manner) might lead to some bruised reputations, someone using a firearm incorrectly ends up with innocent people in the morgue. Therefore it is more sensible to limit such precarious weaponry before the blood is spilled, rather than ex-post-facto. Please remember that Supreme Court cases regarding the 1st Amendment were tried after Americans rallied in opposition to intervention in the Russian Revolution, and 2nd amendment decisions usually occurred after the deaths of many innocent Americans.
Trying to equate the ability of citizens in a modern, progressive society to own weapons of war with the ability of citizens to freely communicate is deranged at best.
Sorry, but I have to disagree. I say freedom is freedom. Who are you or any government to say whether or not I will be responsible with my firearms? I pride myself on handling them in a safe manner. I keep them secure. I educate my children. I think it is the ultimate in arrogance to assume that all firearms will be used for dark purposes someday, and that all firearm owners must be registered and tracked "just in case."

“An excitable boy”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
Checking people's spelling? Really now? Check your own spelling.. hint: "Theater". You're a paper ass.
Utica miscount

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious...what is your level of education?
History

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Just remember that everyone involved in the creation of our "country" was considered to be a traitor, extremist, and without a doubt, a terrorist in the eyes of the British Government. They had the guts and the balls to take a stand against a government that was out of control. Make sure you remember that when you throw around insults and remarks about someone who dares to speak about our government and the wrongdoing that they are responsibile for.

“An excitable boy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica miscount wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just Bodhisatva making an ass out of herself again. Just check around for this idiot's own mis-spellings, even today there's about four, as if it even matters beyond it being a great demonstration of the convoluted and ridiculous thought processes in the "mind" of a hypocrite mental sclerosis patient.

Slap this bitch all over this forum. It's an imperative.

“An excitable boy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica miscount wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious...what is your level of education?
I know: "Topix Early Adopter" and whatever the highest degree they offer at the University of Crackerjack Box.(UCB -U)
hank hill

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

If gun nuts are hypocrites it just means they've spent too much time around religious nuts and learned from the best.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>I know: "Topix Early Adopter" and whatever the highest degree they offer at the University of Crackerjack
Well, I went to Skidmore for philosophy, and then went on for my PhD in communication from the University at Albany, but i'm sure Mr. Hob's high school diploma with concentration in welding surely bests those.

“An excitable boy”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I went to Skidmore for philosophy, and then went on for my PhD in communication from the University at Albany, but i'm sure Mr. Hob's high school diploma with concentration in welding surely bests those.
Oops! Mr. Phd the spell check prince forgot to capitalize an "I". Therefore by your own logic you've canceled out your own credibility in two consecutive posts Bodhisatva.

I can't WAIT to hear how you explain that one away.. so give it a try!

Obviously your imaginary Skidmore curiculum omitted the bit about Hippocrates. Have another great big blast of crack.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Ian Hob wrote:
<quoted text>Oops! Mr. Phd the spell check prince forgot to capitalize an "I". Therefore by your own logic you've canceled out your own credibility in two consecutive posts Bodhisatva.
I can't WAIT to hear how you explain that one away.. so give it a try!
Obviously your imaginary Skidmore curiculum omitted the bit about Hippocrates. Have another great big blast of crack.
You seem obsessed with ad-hominem attacks, the very crest of the weak and feeble minded. I truly apologize for whatever hardships in your life have led you to this point, but i'm afraid I cannot help you in any way.

And I honestly have no idea who this Bodhisvata person is, but if it eases your mental suffering to accuse me of being someone else, I won't judge you.
I see hypocrites

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem obsessed with ad-hominem attacks, the very crest of the weak and feeble minded. I truly apologize for whatever hardships in your life have led you to this point, but i'm afraid I cannot help you in any way.
And I honestly have no idea who this Bodhisvata person is, but if it eases your mental suffering to accuse me of being someone else, I won't judge you.
Funny you cry about insults as you then hurl your own. What an ahole.
Utica miscount

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so I attended college but never completed a degree because of family obligations. Does that mean I dont get to play in your reindeer games anymore? Spellcheck that for me...would ya please?
Derp

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Utica Viscount wrote:
<quoted text>
SUNY Albany? Wow, impressive. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

177 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
My ex is pregnant but i have a new girl.What do... (Apr '12) 4 min Chloe 84
riggie is a creep 6 min Spot on 10
AT&T Wireless Vs. Verizon Wireless (Jan '09) 47 min hmmm 9
aau basketball 57 min go aau 20
sick 1 hr briggs 1
jaks in barneveld 1 hr terrible 8
If Bill Potoczny came near your kid what would ... 1 hr Weatherchit fence co 6
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 6 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 43
High rise fire Ufd 7 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 32
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 7 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 122
WKTV's new broadcast desk 8 hr Sunny Side Up 72
Irish Fest 8 hr Sunny Side Up 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••