Business leaders are investing in Uti...
Truth

Utica, NY

#61 Jul 26, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
Looks like we finally agree on something. However,what is the answer? Not promote the city? Only talk about the negative? Keep the fuel burning on old political fights and grudges between people. Should I just give up? Because some think it's a loss cause? Sorry,that's not my nature. I can say for a fact that investors read topic sometime and by you trashing the city certainly will not help. In fact in my opinion it can hurt as much as the stuff that you hate about the past. So,you are just as much a criminal as the ones you speak of. Because you are stealing away opportunity for others. We need to move forward. I believe that we are. Your comments will defiantly not bring jobs.
<quoted text>
Don't give up. Just rather than trying to "celebrate the ordinary" as another poster put it, attack those things that have made this area what it has become. Speak out against public sector union contracts that bleed the taxpayers and cannot be sustained. Speak out against the highest sales tax rate in the United States. Speak out against the shoddy bookkeeping. Speak out against the system that benefits the politically well connected at the expense of the majority of the population. Stop believing the lies about how the Stanley, Hotel Utica, AHL hockey team.....are going to make a difference economically.

Don't give up but don't perpetuate the myths either.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

#62 Jul 26, 2013
A huge swath of the city is living at the poverty level, the roads are goat paths, and the sewer system is spewing filth on a regular basis.

WHAT REALLY MATTERS IS THAT UTICA HAS PUSTIES!!!111!!!
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#63 Jul 26, 2013
The real UticaPride lives in Utica. Not a Syracuse want be Utican.

You want crime reports. Let's look at Syracuse.

http://photos.syracuse.com/4456/gallery/syrac...
UticaPride

New Hartford, NY

#64 Jul 26, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
Please, feel free to share the following videos so that people can see the real Utica.
• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =gvnVvLz1l5kXX
• https://www.youtube.com/watch...
• https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Here is some Syracuse murders in the last few months.

The real UticaPride lives in Utica. Not a Syracuse want to be Utican. That is on our topic page.
Refugee Center

New Hartford, NY

#65 Jul 26, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
International city for getting welfare, free hand out, housing, all paid for by tax money, Lets see family of eight comes to utica, free food,free housing, heating bills paid for, lets not forget heath care.
Sam,Sam,Sam. Oh the lonely path we weave. The only one on Social Services are the lazy Americans that have been getting social services for decades. The new arrivals take pride in their homes and work very hard. What you are saying is a complete lie. Shame on you.
UticaPride

Utica, NY

#66 Jul 26, 2013
Word on the streets is that the administration will be building a giant pustie sculpture to go along with the giant watering can at the zoo.
Well

New York, NY

#67 Jul 26, 2013
GOgreen wrote:
<quoted text>The Cage? Really? Pick a better example
Well, if you look at one of the original comments of business leaders investing in Utica they were touting the restaruant opening near the aud as being one of the great investments coming to Utica.... I guess tit for tat. One investment in of this type and one out...
UticaPride

Utica, NY

#68 Jul 26, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
Word on the streets is that the administration will be building a giant pustie sculpture to go along with the giant watering can at the zoo.
http://photos.syracuse.com/4456/gallery/syrac ...
Utica Pride

New Hartford, NY

#69 Jul 26, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
Laugh but that's a good idea.
The Big Pustie

New York, NY

#70 Jul 26, 2013
Utica Pride wrote:
<quoted text>
Laugh but that's a good idea.
And why not take it a step further with bench seats around it that look like pieces of tomato pie, a chicken riggie fountain, and half-moon flowers surrounding the big pustie... Could put it in the center of the traffic circle. Utica would be sure to make National News once again!!
Eric

Durhamville, NY

#71 Jul 26, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is some Syracuse murders in the last few months.
The real UticaPride lives in Utica. Not a Syracuse want to be Utican. That is on our topic page.
In many ways, Syracuse is just a bigger Utica, only alot nicer. The really big problem here are people such as Utica Pride who choose to ignore the problems. and just paint a rosey picture over them. Build a pretty facade, and nobody will notice the trash heap behind it. You gloat about all the "wonderful" things about Utica, and continue to celebrate the unremarkable and ordinary. Who cares about any of that? Let me know when something actually happens there. Should you do that, and if it were ever to happen, I will have moved out of Utica. Last one to leave, shut off the Utica sign.
Hey hag

United States

#72 Jul 26, 2013
Do yourselves a favor and get the fk OUT of utica. Leave it to the pustie people and public leech class.
Hey hag

United States

#73 Jul 26, 2013
UticaPride wrote:
The real UticaPride lives in Utica. Not a Syracuse want be Utican.
You want crime reports. Let's look at Syracuse.
Wow are YOU a gullible sheep! Trust me cuzzy, no one wants to be a utican. That's only reserved for especially stupid people.

More proof that the rich create jobs. They left utitroit and took their jobs with them.

Just like Detroit right down to the "hockey" arena while you can't pay your bills! You people are ridiculous!
Dean

Syracuse, NY

#74 Jul 26, 2013
Utica: A truly remarkable and wonderful oasis in Upstate NY! Here are the ten best things you will find in Utica!

1. Indoor plumbing
2. McDonald's, and Taco Bell!
3. A nifty roundabout (in the middle of a ghetto)
4. The "Utica" warning sign, you can see it from
the Thruway!
5. Tomatoe Pie
6. Riggies
7. Half moons

I ran out of ideas for the last three. Just fill them in on your own if you can possibly think of three more wonderful things about Utica.
More

New York, NY

#75 Jul 26, 2013
Dean wrote:
Utica: A truly remarkable and wonderful oasis in Upstate NY! Here are the ten best things you will find in Utica!
1. Indoor plumbing
2. McDonald's, and Taco Bell!
3. A nifty roundabout (in the middle of a ghetto)
4. The "Utica" warning sign, you can see it from
the Thruway!
5. Tomatoe Pie
6. Riggies
7. Half moons
I ran out of ideas for the last three. Just fill them in on your own if you can possibly think of three more wonderful things about Utica.
8. Utica Greens
9. Taxpayers paying hotels to house Sex offenders
10. One of the highest sales tax rates in NY State (and the country)
Da Law

New York, NY

#76 Jul 27, 2013
When is the Utica Warning Sign supposed to be activated?
Truth

Whitesboro, NY

#77 Jul 27, 2013
Bankruptcy baby!
Sam

Greig, NY

#78 Jul 27, 2013
Refugee Center wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam,Sam,Sam. Oh the lonely path we weave. The only one on Social Services are the lazy Americans that have been getting social services for decades. The new arrivals take pride in their homes and work very hard. What you are saying is a complete lie. Shame on you.
The New arrivals are draining the tax payers money, Free hand outs
Danny

Syracuse, NY

#79 Jul 27, 2013
Da Law wrote:
When is the Utica Warning Sign supposed to be activated?
Its been plugged in for at least a week now. You can see it from North Utica, the arterial, and from Walmart. Its not very big, looks like a bunch of red lights just above the treetops. In Utica, everything gets done on a small scale.
warning utica

United States

#80 Jul 27, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>In many ways, Syracuse is just a bigger Utica, only alot nicer. The really big problem here are people such as Utica Pride who choose to ignore the problems. and just paint a rosey picture over them. Build a pretty facade, and nobody will notice the trash heap behind it. You gloat about all the "wonderful" things about Utica, and continue to celebrate the unremarkable and ordinary. Who cares about any of that? Let me know when something actually happens there. Should you do that, and if it were ever to happen, I will have moved out of Utica. Last one to leave, shut off the Utica sign.
Luv this post. They just will never ever ever get it. Save your breath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tina Kotary 4 min Truth Yeller 3
African American Children Highest Poverty in Am... 39 min AWWWW 13
AMS Still Waiting on Building PROVE IT WRONG CLOWN 42 min STILL SET 9
How Many SPACE SHUTTLES DID AFRICA MAKE 43 min STILL ZERO 78
They covered it up! 44 min ROFLOL 5
attn 75 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRIES... 46 min sad 17
Black lives matter. 58 min kaz 7
Most over and under rated restaurants...a poll 2 hr The Wizz 17
wktv mornings 3 hr TV Police 92
First source federal union 7 hr Dollars 11