Comments
1 - 20 of 102 Comments Last updated Jul 29, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Utica It Starts With You

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 23, 2013
Utica is open and ready for business, according to Mayor Robert Palmieri.“Utica is hot right now and it is the perfect time to invest in the City of Utica,” said Mayor Palmieri.”“In the last few months we have seen the ground breaking at the former Bossert’s site, the announcement of another new hotel being built in North Utica and the sale of the former HSBC Bank to a local developer he continued.”

These are just a few examples of new business development in the City of Utica. Business leaders are discovering Utica is a prime location in which to invest. In the next few months more information will be presented on the development of Harbor Point. Now is the time to purchase property in our central business district and be ready for the influx of people moving into the area due to the arrival of NANO Tech.

We can go on all day about how great the area is for businesses locating here but you don’t have to rely on our words. Check out the videos below and hear from some of those business leaders as to why they believe Utica is hot!

Please, feel free to share the following videos.
http://youtu.be/MmKCmzDhM-M 1EcoDev
http://youtu.be/yYr4Sj7wixc Utica Development 2
http://youtu.be/kPaj_wdiHws Only 2
Really

New Hartford, NY

#2 Jul 23, 2013
Utica It Starts With You wrote:
Utica is open and ready for business, according to Mayor Robert Palmieri.“Utica is hot right now and it is the perfect time to invest in the City of Utica,” said Mayor Palmieri.”“In the last few months we have seen the ground breaking at the former Bossert’s site, the announcement of another new hotel being built in North Utica and the sale of the former HSBC Bank to a local developer he continued.”
These are just a few examples of new business development in the City of Utica. Business leaders are discovering Utica is a prime location in which to invest. In the next few months more information will be presented on the development of Harbor Point. Now is the time to purchase property in our central business district and be ready for the influx of people moving into the area due to the arrival of NANO Tech.
We can go on all day about how great the area is for businesses locating here but you don’t have to rely on our words. Check out the videos below and hear from some of those business leaders as to why they believe Utica is hot!
Please, feel free to share the following videos.
http://youtu.be/MmKCmzDhM-M 1EcoDev
http://youtu.be/yYr4Sj7wixc Utica Development 2
http://youtu.be/kPaj_wdiHws Only 2
C'mon Buck!How much are you getting paid to push this propaganda? LOL
Valley Hoe

New York, NY

#3 Jul 23, 2013
I was born at night. Not last night. How much are they paying you for this line? All the Kings horses and all the Kings men could not put Central NY back together again. Another political hack.
GOgreen

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 23, 2013
I don't undertstand. How could someone say that this isnt true.
1. There are hotels being built in north utica

2. THe Harza building was sold

3. THe HSBC was bought

4. AHL Hockey is coming back to UTica

5. A large building next to the Aud is being made into a restaurant

Which one of these facts makes people think that the city is not being invested in?????
Invest NOW

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 23, 2013
ACS is closing. 150+ layoffs...

The Cage closed

St. Elizabeth Hospital is laying off employees

St. Luke's Hospital laid off employees

Utica School District laid off several teachers at he end of 2012 and potential for an additional 88 teachers being laid off...
http://wibx950.com/utica-city-school-district...
Holy man

Utica, NY

#6 Jul 23, 2013
Guess what say what you want about the mayor. But he has done ten time more then that last fat slob.
Common Sense

Utica, NY

#7 Jul 23, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon Buck!How much are you getting paid to push this propaganda? LOL
If locals don't talk it up,no one else will. You think the NYC Politicians are going to help us. Negative equals negative. You need to push this area because it helps you, not just the city. Even if you live in the suburbs.

Propaganda is words without action. These videos show economic development. The People in the videos are smart successful business leaders.

Common Sense

Utica, NY

#8 Jul 23, 2013
Invest NOW wrote:
The Cage closed
Utica School District laid off several teachers at he end of 2012 and potential for an additional 88 teachers being laid off...
The cage closed because of a bad business model. You had to be over 21 to get in. If you wanted to go with your family for a burger and your brother or sister was under 21 they would send you away.

ACS does school loans and the federal government is trying to get rid of the middle man to cut cost of student loans. The same time APAC down the street hired 200 people.

Most school districts have cut back. However all the positive news in the videos shows that we are going in the right direction to help the schools.

Your argument does not hold water. If you don' t argue that many good things are happening,you lack credibility.
a taxpaper

Utica, NY

#9 Jul 23, 2013
Invest NOW wrote:
The Cage closed
You forgot to mention:

Hartford Insurance Personal Lines Dept. closed - went back to Conn.
Utica Mutual is laying off employees
There are NO Professional jobs left in Utica (unless it is in the Medical field)
Crime Rate is rising
Shootings in the streets
just a few more to add to your list.
Sam

Utica, NY

#10 Jul 23, 2013
Valley Hoe wrote:
I was born at night. Not last night. How much are they paying you for this line? All the Kings horses and all the Kings men could not put Central NY back together again. Another political hack.
Utica NY is loaded with people on WELFARE, and more too come,
Working class people are leaving Utica selling their homes, to anyone who will buy them, CRIME is out of control in UTICA NY
look around more and more home owned by slum lords,
Wait a sec

Baltimore, MD

#11 Jul 23, 2013
Stop bashing and do something about it. Don't have a job ? Start something new. It doesn't take money, just drive and want to do it bad enough.

Quit effing crying. Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem
Sam

Utica, NY

#12 Jul 23, 2013
Wait a sec wrote:
Stop bashing and do something about it. Don't have a job ? Start something new. It doesn't take money, just drive and want to do it bad enough.
Quit effing crying. Be part of the solution instead of part of the problem
HA HA HA been involved with the City of UTICA NY Never again would i do anything with the city, I have a job, very happy with my job,
Do not live in the city, I tell people City of Utica is a train wreck, The leader of this city for the past 20 years do not and have not cared about moving the city ahead,and or the people of the city. they only care about, a pay check, and getting family and friends jobs, FACT, this city is going down hill right into a brick wall.
Sam I am not

Utica, NY

#13 Jul 23, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Utica NY is loaded with people on WELFARE, and more too come,
Working class people are leaving Utica selling their homes, to anyone who will buy them, CRIME is out of control in UTICA NY
look around more and more home owned by slum lords,
http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x997486482/... . Sam, every city has crime and welfare. Did you even watch the videos? Do you personally benefit to speak negative about the city? I just do not understand pessimistic people like you. Complain complain complain. Do you complain if the winter is to cold? Do you complain when the summer is to hot? Do really not see the benefit of this economic news? Would we be better off without it? Are we better off to speak of the negative stuff?

I feel very sorry for you Sam I am not
Happy tax payer now

Utica, NY

#14 Jul 23, 2013
a taxpaper wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to mention:
Hartford Insurance Personal Lines Dept. closed - went back to Conn.
Utica Mutual is laying off employees
There are NO Professional jobs left in Utica (unless it is in the Medical field)
Crime Rate is rising
Shootings in the streets
just a few more to add to your list.
You forgot to mention 900 nano jobs coming to SUNYIT next year. Making between 80,000 and 90,000 a year. Mr negative Nellie.
Sam

Utica, NY

#15 Jul 23, 2013
Sam I am not wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x997486482/... . Sam, every city has crime and welfare. Did you even watch the videos? Do you personally benefit to speak negative about the city? I just do not understand pessimistic people like you. Complain complain complain. Do you complain if the winter is to cold? Do you complain when the summer is to hot? Do really not see the benefit of this economic news? Would we be better off without it? Are we better off to speak of the negative stuff?
I feel very sorry for you Sam I am not
I need no one to feel sorry for me, I just state the facts.
Yes you are right every city does have crime and welfare, but when Oneida county social service asked for SEX OFFENDERS and brings people from other county who are on welfare to Oneida county and City of UTICA something wrong with this program.
Please put your rose colored glasses back on and pretend things are wonderful.
Sam

Utica, NY

#16 Jul 23, 2013
Happy tax payer now wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention 900 nano jobs coming to SUNYIT next year. Making between 80,000 and 90,000 a year. Mr negative Nellie.
Just a little FYI the 900 NANO job number is a feel good number that was put out by EDGE, NYS and SUNY IT jobs will be 150 it may, MAY being key word 900 jobs
false reality

Utica, NY

#17 Jul 23, 2013
Things are wonderful and the future is bright if you're a public servant and your job is paid for courtesy of the taxpayer.
Wait a sec

Baltimore, MD

#18 Jul 23, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA been involved with the City of UTICA NY Never again would i do anything with the city, I have a job, very happy with my job,
Do not live in the city, I tell people City of Utica is a train wreck, The leader of this city for the past 20 years do not and have not cared about moving the city ahead,and or the people of the city. they only care about, a pay check, and getting family and friends jobs, FACT, this city is going down hill right into a brick wall.
If you don't live here , what do you care?
Sam

Utica, NY

#19 Jul 23, 2013
false reality wrote:
Things are wonderful and the future is bright if you're a public servant and your job is paid for courtesy of the taxpayer.
this is coming to a end.

I like the idea of Bankruptcy, see you are correct, about pay cuts for all public.
but, the GREAT thing is payments for people on WELFARE will stop for 60 days also, that mean no money,or EBT cards I like that idea also

I hope to see city of UTICA and STATE of NEW YORK go Bankruptcy.
then see what gets done for people on welfare,
Wait a sec

Baltimore, MD

#20 Jul 23, 2013
Things aren't bright if you're a public servant, And they're in for a rude awakening. Too many people in government jobs that don't do a thing. It's always been that way and its going to change very quickly for every muni.

When it comes to our town , you can bash it or not. Like it or not, what happens in Utica affects the whole Mohawk valley. If you don't "live" in the city but in the area it's going to have an effect on you whether it's your home value , your job etc.
To me it looks like people in the community are making an investment. Yes they are buying buildings on the cheap , but they are investing in bringing them back to life with their money and TIME.

The only downtowns that thrive in cities our size are the cities that have colleges downtown. That's a fact. Clark sees it and he's bringing it . It takes private investment to build economies in cities, sling with a business friendly government . We have people that are investing money here and you have a mayor, that regardless of what you think of him, is doing whatever is in his power to make it as easy as possible for people to invest .

Time will tell. Wishing bankruptcy on a city or state is insolent. It speaks volumes of your character. You may be a good guy, and you're frustrated with how the city looks, but so are the people that are investing, that's why they're doing it . The stick market is a sham, do they invest in where they live and hope to get great returns on their investment here. As they should since they're taking the risk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lous Brindisi sayin hi...... 16 min Nondescript white op 1
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 20 min Not Excited 58
Dierks Bentley at the Aud 52 min Try again sis 42
WHY are COPS NOTHING BUT CRIMINALS THAT DRAIN A... 55 min Utica CNY BigotTo... 5
Where are all the single middle-aged men? (May '12) 1 hr mr goodwrench 81
MY hair KEEPS BREAKING EVEN WITH BAG ON MY EMPT... 1 hr Utica CNY BigotTo... 1
KFC we LOVE LICKING FINGERS COVERED IN CHICKEN ... 1 hr Utica CNY BigotTo... 3
utica national (Jun '13) 3 hr CEO 523
utica aud 5 hr Cliffys Pal 130
How is Scott Alger connected to Kim Simon's mur... (Jan '14) 14 hr GRAD -0 52
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••