home security
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tonyyyyy

Utica, NY

#1 Sep 8, 2013
Looking for an affordable home security system and coverage--- suggestions.
cheap

New York, NY

#2 Sep 8, 2013
Get a dog !
tonyyyyy

Utica, NY

#3 Sep 8, 2013
Thanks.

“Hello”

Level 7

Since: Jan 13

New York, NY

#4 Sep 8, 2013
Get a webcam. Go to Justin.tv. Set up a channel in the animal section.
Point the webcam or webcams at places you think someone might try to enter your home.
While you are gone you can hit record and use the Justin tv servers to record your home. You can also log in from any computer and take a look at what's going on.
Even if someone does break in everything will be recorded on your Justin tv account to be played back for the police or whoever.
I use this ALL the time when I leave my house. The best part is it's FREE.:)

Level 6

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#5 Sep 9, 2013
Titanium22 wrote:
Point the webcam or webcams at places you think someone might try to enter your home.
While you are gone you can hit record and use the Justin tv servers to record your home. You can also log in from any computer and take a look at what's going on.
Even if someone does break in everything will be recorded on your Justin tv account to be played back for the police or whoever.
Is Justin TV in Utica?

Level 6

Location hidden

#6 Sep 9, 2013
Titanium22 wrote:
Sorry, I just reread your post, I now have to find what a webcom is. I am learning but slowly.
Brave New World

Little Falls, NY

#7 Sep 9, 2013
If you have a pc it is, doh!

“Hello”

Level 7

Miami, FL

#8 Sep 9, 2013
Yes, it's a free website that I use as a home security system.

Level 6

Location hidden

#9 Sep 9, 2013
Titanium22 wrote:
Yes, it's a free website that I use as a home security system.
Thaaanks
Anne L

Columbus, OH

#12 Jan 7, 2014
Do you think I'd need home security in Schenectady NY? I know it's not downtown, so I didn't know if it was going to be "dangerous" enough to even get a system. What do you think? I'm planning on going with http://www.easternoffice.com/residential/auto... if it's necessary.
And

Massena, NY

#13 Jan 7, 2014
44 Mag works for me!
Home Bound

Herkimer, NY

#14 Jan 7, 2014
And wrote:
44 Mag works for me!
And you're at home 24/7?
Great idea

Carthage, NY

#15 Jan 7, 2014
Titanium, thank you! I have been wanting to set up a security system for quite a long time....but, was always held back by the steep pricing of systems out in the market. I downloaded Justin.tv and, I found the animal section. My only problem is, how do I set up a channel? If you could help me with this, I would appreciate it. I am going to purchase 2 or 3 camera's to set up. Again, Thank you for your knowledge.
Keep It Simple

New York Mills, NY

#16 Jan 7, 2014
Go to Harbor Freight and for $17 you can buy an invisible eye that detects straight line motion around your parameter. Mount the eye 3 feet high and 3 feet away from your foundation. The beam shoots all of 60-75 ft. The alarm can be mounted or placed in any room around your house. For another $35 you can buy their door sensors that tie nicely into a central sounding alarm with remote matching key fobs. To top it all off, grab yourself a deer cam for under $100. Display some beware of dog signs ($2), Buy yourself a shot gun ($300), keep it loaded and just wait for some crack head or psycho ex to show up.

For under $500 you can have one heck of a secure fortress!

“Hello”

Level 7

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 13, 2014
Great idea wrote:
Titanium, thank you! I have been wanting to set up a security system for quite a long time....but, was always held back by the steep pricing of systems out in the market. I downloaded Justin.tv and, I found the animal section. My only problem is, how do I set up a channel? If you could help me with this, I would appreciate it. I am going to purchase 2 or 3 camera's to set up. Again, Thank you for your knowledge.
You just have to create an account and set up the channel however you wish. If you run into any problems just check out a help video on Youtube. Anytime I have any questions about anything I look on Youtube first. Let me know how it goes.
Adt

Utica, NY

#18 Jan 13, 2014
Someone can access your channel and make it easier for robbers to know when you home or not. Stop being cheap and get adt. There service is free for a reason.
UNITED N COLLEGE FUND

Ann Arbor, MI

#19 Jan 13, 2014
Please don't get security, cliffys homies won't be able you rob you. We all want the highest crime in America like ALBANY.

“Hello”

Level 7

Austin, TX

#20 Jan 14, 2014
Adt wrote:
Someone can access your channel and make it easier for robbers to know when you home or not. Stop being cheap and get adt. There service is free for a reason.
Not true at all. You set your channel to have a password so only YOU can view it. Obviously you wouldn't broadcast your channel out to the public. But I thought most people would be smart enough to realize that. I guess there's always one in the bunch.
Home security

Columbus, OH

#21 Jun 18, 2014
I got locked out of my house a couple weeks ago and I had to call the locksmith. I now have a spare key with me at all times. What are the benefits of having a home security system?
Holly James | http://www.preddeys.com.au/
Amber Johnson

Chicago, IL

#23 Dec 17, 2014
I think that it is a really good idea for people to have home security. I think that it would be a good idea for me to update my home security. I would feel better knowing that my home and loved ones are secure. Thanks for sharing this information! http://www.miamifloridahomesecurity.com/artic...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mega moo moo 17 min CNY Morality Police 20
Bad News A Comin' For Hervaghurtsatucci! 57 min Hervaghurtsatucci 1
Hermelonvagamatucci 1 hr Hervaghurtsatucci 16
Sex Clubs (Jun '10) 1 hr CNY Morality Police 48
Tazz Trolled: You should be DANCIN'! YEAH! 1 hr Moshing 7
Water Bill increase (Oct '14) 2 hr Names please 410
Water Board Rate Hike AGAIN 2 hr Who is on list 15
UPD Scott Berger 4 hr He can try 15

Utica Jobs

More from around the web