Comments
1 - 20 of 39 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Karen

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 17, 2013
 

Judged:

8

7

5

It is time to elect a true leader to head Utica city government -- our fire chief, Russ Brooks. He is very intelligent, knowledgeable about city government and has been one of the most obvious choices for the mayor's office in decades. He's a family man, has extraordinary confidence in himself and is a Vietnam veteran. He fought for this country in the jungles of southeast Asia and will fight to reinvigorate Utica's economy. He will improve our standard of living and our quality of life.

He is a proven champion, taking on state judges and refusing to back down to anyone.

Support Russ Brooks for mayor in 2015.
kamakazell

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 17, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Karen wrote:
It is time to elect a true leader to head Utica city government -- our fire chief, Russ Brooks. He is very intelligent, knowledgeable about city government and has been one of the most obvious choices for the mayor's office in decades. He's a family man, has extraordinary confidence in himself and is a Vietnam veteran. He fought for this country in the jungles of southeast Asia and will fight to reinvigorate Utica's economy. He will improve our standard of living and our quality of life.
He is a proven champion, taking on state judges and refusing to back down to anyone.
Support Russ Brooks for mayor in 2015.
I have not posted on this web site in a very long time, but I now have to set the record straight, this man never served a day in Viet Nam and he should be arrested for theft of Valor, he is a disgrace to himself, his family, and his country. Any person who steals Valor of our service men and women and claims he was in combat when in reality he never was in a combat zone is the lowest of the low and should be tarred and feather in public for such a disgraceful lie. This man would be the biggest mistake in the history of Utica if by any chance he became mayor, and one further thing, if this individual does try to run for mayor I will post his service record in the newspaper to show what a real phony he is and his followers.
true fax

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 17, 2013
 

Judged:

7

5

1

He is the reason the city is broke.
guess what

Marcy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 17, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I will vote for him IF HE PROMISES to get rid of CWSI on BELLE AVE...In fact, he can easily get 240 votes as they are on our petition!
Govie

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 17, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

He belongs in Masonic home not running the city.
Nanotechnology Face

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Here here Russ brooks! Lol
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

1

If you look up narcissist in the dictionary, Rus Brooks' picture is in the definition. He's a legend in his own mind.
Viet Nam Vet

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Who in their right mind would vote for this incompetent Goof.He has all you people Bullshitted.First of all he lied about his service to this country.He never left the United states and bspent all his time as a flag bearer.If he ever had a weapon in his hand he would shoot himself.Secondly the big lumox would trip on his own big feet.So I cant see how he was even a flag bearer.Let him show his DD214 and his personel file from the boy scout troop He is in charge of.No offense to the UFD but he does treat the men he is in charge of like little boys.And they have to listen ot this LIAR or else.Then ask him Brooks is horray for me who kicked his ass at a fellow fighters house where he was at a party.He is all about himself.Horray for Me and F--k everyone else.If one of his underlings ever pulled what he did Drunk at a fire scene he was at they would be fired on the spot.Ed Hanna rest his spoul can not save him any more.He is also the reason the city is broke with all the overtime they accrue.If he cared for the city he can put a cap on the overtime and assign the right people on the rigs.And save the tax payers a lot of Money

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

1

What unit did Brooks serve with in Viet Nam?
kamakazell

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

frankcor wrote:
What unit did Brooks serve with in Viet Nam?
The closest he ever got to Viet Nam was when he watched the movie Platoon. This guy is the biggest jerk off, but he has the Mayor bullshited like he bullshited past mayors and over the years UFD personnel bullshitted, a real disgrace to our men and women in harms way and our veterans.
Jack Apples

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Brooks For Mayor? LOL Year right.

His platform would be a Firehouse on every corner I assume correct?
Nanotechnology Face

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Truth wrote:
If you look up narcissist in the dictionary, Rus Brooks' picture is in the definition. He's a legend in his own mind.
Yup.
Cretin barks at the hole

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Nanotechnology Face wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
It's Cretin above. He barks at the hole. Lol
hank brackett

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Russ Brooks is NYS's oldest active professional fire chief. He's 89. In 1965 at age 41 Brooks was drafted in the army. He was a 11B - front line infantryman. He was extended by 18 months and was discharged in 1969. I saw his 214. It lists for medals: 2 bronze stars, 1 silver star w/V device, 3 purple hearts -1w/Vdevice, 2 ArComms, a CIB, senior jumpmaster paratrooper wings, legion of merit, and meritorious service medal. There are other less prestigious medals but it comes out to 4 rows of ribbons. He was given a battlefield commission as a captain. On my next post, I'll list his UFD record...how over 70 years of service he's pulled 18 different firefighters out of 10 separate burning structure fires in the city.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hank brackett wrote:
Russ Brooks is NYS's oldest active professional fire chief. He's 89. In 1965 at age 41 Brooks was drafted in the army. He was a 11B - front line infantryman. He was extended by 18 months and was discharged in 1969. I saw his 214. It lists for medals: 2 bronze stars, 1 silver star w/V device, 3 purple hearts -1w/Vdevice, 2 ArComms, a CIB, senior jumpmaster paratrooper wings, legion of merit, and meritorious service medal. There are other less prestigious medals but it comes out to 4 rows of ribbons. He was given a battlefield commission as a captain. On my next post, I'll list his UFD record...how over 70 years of service he's pulled 18 different firefighters out of 10 separate burning structure fires in the city.
.....and, he invented the spoon that you use to make melon balls.

I'm also pretty sure he's the one that gave Al Gore the idea for the internet.

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hank brackett wrote:
Russ Brooks is NYS's oldest active professional fire chief. He's 89. In 1965 at age 41 Brooks was drafted in the army. He was a 11B - front line infantryman. He was extended by 18 months and was discharged in 1969. I saw his 214. It lists for medals: 2 bronze stars, 1 silver star w/V device, 3 purple hearts -1w/Vdevice, 2 ArComms, a CIB, senior jumpmaster paratrooper wings, legion of merit, and meritorious service medal. There are other less prestigious medals but it comes out to 4 rows of ribbons. He was given a battlefield commission as a captain. On my next post, I'll list his UFD record...how over 70 years of service he's pulled 18 different firefighters out of 10 separate burning structure fires in the city.
Does his DD 214 list any units he served with in Viet Nam? As an 11B, I expect they would all have "Infantry" in their names.
Truth

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 19, 2013
 
frankcor wrote:
<quoted text>Does his DD 214 list any units he served with in Viet Nam? As an 11B, I expect they would all have "Infantry" in their names.
Are you actually taking this post seriously?
89 years old? This is either a made up joke or the poster is referring to a different Russ Brooks.
kamakazell

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

This guy was never in Viet Nam and he was never in the Infantry, he was a baby blue Marine, he served state side and never was in a combat zone so he never was in any action. The guy is living a fairy tale, he has bullshitted so much in his pathetic life that he is starting to believe all his bullshit. The problem is that the media and the mayors past and present are so na´ve that they have listened to this phony for years.
hank brackett

Nedrow, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

You can tell that ALL of this was made up. I posted this because of the initial post about someone wanting Russ Brooks to run for Utica mayor. Yeah...lets see how that would work out. An instant 35% rise in property taxes to fund mostly the UFD and whatever is leftover the UPD. Brooks will never retire. He always complains about an understaffed dept. but his people gladly rack up tons of OT due to the ambulance committmit So his philosophy is keep cutting my dept. We'll just make it up in OT.
Nanotechnology Face

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Russ brooks invented not discovered electricity. Just ask him. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••