Heated? Heck yeah!
A clearly exacerbated Linda Romano tried to shout down residents.
Some stunning revelations were reluctantly pulled out of a flummoxed Library Board:
- The Board could only stumble through an explanation on why they never filled an independent financial audit
- Admitted that a roof job never went out to competitive bid
- Admitted that incorrect financial information went out to the OD which they never corrected
- Admitted that they never provided a line by line budget that clearly lays out on what they are buying and how much they are spending on each item
-Admitted that more money will be taxed from less people
- When asked why they are doing the re-charter of the library Linda Roman said it was because the town board reduced their budget by $200,000. A sharp town resident asked Pat Tyksinksi why he just didn’t add $200,000 to the town budget instead of making the Library beg for a million. Pat said because town taxpayers wouldn’t stand for a tax increase!!
- Confusion was everywhere. This was a public relations disaster for the Library Board.