Why all the bosnian hate in this city?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
nunya

Herkimer, NY

#1 May 1, 2011
There is way too much hate on topix for hardworking Bosnians in this city and not enough hate for all the gangsters, druggies, and politicians that have turned Utica into a cesspool.

That's why all the decent kids move away after high school and immigrants should stay away.
PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE

Rome, NY

#2 May 1, 2011
lol........gangsters, druggies, and politicians are running are city right now........we get robbed every time we pay our taxes period!!!
utica's friends and family plan [[[NEEDS TO GO]]]]
Public BS

New York, NY

#3 May 1, 2011
PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE wrote:
lol........gangsters, druggies, and politicians are running are city right now........we get robbed every time we pay our taxes period!!!
utica's friends and family plan [[[NEEDS TO GO]]]]
What property taxes did you pay in Utica living in a filthy trailer on Broad St?
Mark

Syracuse, NY

#4 May 1, 2011
It's not so much about "hate" as it is about Bosnian stupidity. There are certain characteristics that most natives here find repulsive about Bosnians, especially the ones who just got off the boat.
1) Poor hygeine. Don't know what deodorant, toothpaste, soap, etc. is for.
2) Always haggling over prices at every store. We don't negotiate the price of a head of lettuce here.
3) Rudeness. They need to learn how to patiently wait in line and understand the meaning of "please" and "thank you".
4) Bad teeth.
5) Bad driving habits. They must think they are still back home and don't need to worry about stop signs and speed limits.
6) Unwillingness to learn English, and then they get mad at you because you don't understand their language.
7)Dishonesty. They will damage things in a store, then ask for a discount because it's damaged.
8) Tackiness. They wear way too much jewelry.
I'm sure there are more. Let's see if you can add to this list!
The worst offenders are the ones who just got to this country. Seems that after some time, many of them are able to adjust to the culture here. The kids that are born here don't seem to exhibit the degree of negative characteristics like their parents. In fact, I have dealt with many of the younger ones that grew up here and they are no different than American kids. Its the ones that grew up in Bosnia that can't seem to adjust well to American culture.
Utica

Homer, NY

#5 May 2, 2011
How about they done give a shit about their neighbors? Last night, on the 12 block of Mary st, a bunch of bosnians (grown adults) were having a party outdoors with a live band. You could hear it from blocks away. My neighbors and I called the police each time and watched. The police would come and as soon as they left, the music got louder each time. After the second time, the singer of the band said into his mic "Lets see who's going to call the police now". Many of us had to get up early in the morning for work, they obviously dont.
Truth teller

Holyoke, MA

#6 May 2, 2011
Its because the young males are pimped out to powerful people
hotMESS

Camillus, NY

#7 May 2, 2011
Every group that has come to this country has had to adapt to our so called "culture", or lack there of. Who is anyone to say how long it should take?

Some of the "offenses" they are "guilty" of sound the same as some of our home-grown.
seriously

Waterville, NY

#8 May 2, 2011
Utica wrote:
How about they done give a shit about their neighbors? Last night, on the 12 block of Mary st, a bunch of bosnians (grown adults) were having a party outdoors with a live band. You could hear it from blocks away. My neighbors and I called the police each time and watched. The police would come and as soon as they left, the music got louder each time. After the second time, the singer of the band said into his mic "Lets see who's going to call the police now". Many of us had to get up early in the morning for work, they obviously dont.
I wouldn't point fingers just at the Bosnians....sit on my street on a Friday night. between the house full of blacks 2 doors down and the white trash across the street the noise goes on until 5 am. Several of us call the police and they do nothing. There had to be 30 people screaming in the street last week and the cops just politely asked them to quiet down. 5 minutes later they were screaming again.
truth

United States

#9 May 2, 2011
Speak for yourself, everybody doesnt hate bosnians, actually I dont know anybody who does. I have a feeling in my gut that there are some people who are very jealous of their attributes. For one thing they are white europeans, attractive people, have pride, strong work ethic, and are very intelligent and driven. As a local college student I have never met a bosnian student who is not on top of academic achievment list. Wow , a lot of people just cant deal with that, and I know I am right.
holycrapola

Camillus, NY

#10 May 2, 2011
Mark wrote:
It's not so much about "hate" as it is about Bosnian stupidity. There are certain characteristics that most natives here find repulsive about Bosnians, especially the ones who just got off the boat.
2) Always haggling over prices at every store. We don't negotiate the price of a head of lettuce here.
3) Rudeness. They need to learn how to patiently wait in line and understand the meaning of "please" and "thank you".
4) Bad teeth.
5) Bad driving habits. They must think they are still back home and don't need to worry about stop signs and speed limits.
6) Unwillingness to learn English, and then they get mad at you because you don't understand their language.
7)Dishonesty. They will damage things in a store, then ask for a discount because it's damaged.
The worst offenders are the ones who just got to this country. Seems that after some time, many of them are able to adjust to the culture here. The kids that are born here don't seem to exhibit the degree of negative characteristics like their parents. In fact, I have dealt with many of the younger ones that grew up here and they are no different than American kids. Its the ones that grew up in Bosnia that can't seem to adjust well to American culture.
You got that right! The trouble with Bosnians they expect everything be handed to them on a silver platter. To them it's all about me, me, me and getting things for free. Wonder iof they haggle on the price of gas?
nunya

Cortland, NY

#11 May 2, 2011
OK, so I get that the Bosnians aren't perfect, but I would still say that the gangsters, druggies, and politicians are a much bigger problem in this city.

So why not focus some heat on the real problem in Utica: native Uticans and new arrivals from New York City.
uticait544

AOL

#12 May 2, 2011
Truth teller wrote:
what do you mean by that
Gayguy

Long Eddy, NY

#13 May 2, 2011
Truth teller wrote:
So THAT'S it. I wondered why I couldn't get one.
really

Holyoke, MA

#14 May 2, 2011
Mark wrote:
4) Bad teeth.
is that why a stupid American killed a poor innocent bosnian man while driving intoxicated?
No Doubt

Long Eddy, NY

#15 May 2, 2011
really wrote:
<quoted text>
is that why a stupid American killed a poor innocent bosnian man while driving intoxicated?
No, that was because the police don't take drunk driving seriously around here. They're too busy chasing sex offenders.
Alen

Detroit, MI

#16 May 3, 2011
Mark,

You seem to be an educated individual. Too bad you're an ignorant douche bigot.
Mark wrote:
4) Bad teeth.
holycrapola

Camillus, NY

#17 May 3, 2011
Need we say more?

http://www.uticaod.com/latestnews/x449044723/...

Not only they're rude even their own offsprings are nothing but trouble with total lack of respect towards others.

Nice going, [email protected]@s $
had a bad neighbor

Rome, NY

#18 May 3, 2011
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't point fingers just at the Bosnians....sit on my street on a Friday night. between the house full of blacks 2 doors down and the white trash across the street the noise goes on until 5 am. Several of us call the police and they do nothing. There had to be 30 people screaming in the street last week and the cops just politely asked them to quiet down. 5 minutes later they were screaming again.
A little info for bad neighbors, if the cops are called a certain amount of times within a month to the same address the landlord has to evict them. U can look into it at city hall. If u stick with it, it works my neighbors & I did it because we had a bad neighbor. Hope this info helps someone.
Its

Lowville, NY

#19 May 3, 2011
Its mostly the young Bosnians (under 25) that act like punks. The older ones seem nice and respectful.
Its

Lowville, NY

#20 May 3, 2011
had a bad neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
A little info for bad neighbors, if the cops are called a certain amount of times within a month to the same address the landlord has to evict them. U can look into it at city hall. If u stick with it, it works my neighbors & I did it because we had a bad neighbor. Hope this info helps someone.
Its called Nuisance Abatement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is funding the Aud renovations? 11 min Welfare wendy 541
Trump Blinded By Eclipse 14 min Reverse 6
venice pizza 18 min Matt A 13
Hospital parking garage going to generate milli... 29 min Sickle and hammer 2
Slice Pizzeria 48 min lynn 2
NYS Police working hard to ruin Saranac Thursday 2 hr Thedude 17
Ian J. Bullen speeding wreckless lunatic 2 hr I told yah 54
Not All Nazis Are Bad 3 hr BIZZARR-O-RAMA 92
Let's tear down Martin Luther King's statue 4 hr DJ L 124
No Downtown hospital 13 hr Trump WINNING 147