Comets Lose in Front Of 900 Fans
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#22 Jan 4, 2014
HP Zinker wrote:
The Comets routinely 'paper the house'- they give out free tickets to anyone and everyone. THEN they count those tickets when the game attendance is calculated. If people use them, or not - the tickets that were given out are still tallied, AS IF the people were actually there.
It's comical. All you need to do is look at any youtube videos and a picture speaks a million words...but yet they come up either excuses like they were stuck in the concourse...or they were at a bar...or they were in the restroom. It truly is comical! LOL!!!
Tic Tac

Lake Luzerne, NY

#23 Jan 5, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
It's comical. All you need to do is look at any youtube videos and a picture speaks a million words...but yet they come up either excuses like they were stuck in the concourse...or they were at a bar...or they were in the restroom. It truly is comical! LOL!!!
PotHead is more suitable. Why don't you take a look at a more recent game (Dec.27th) on YouTube. The Aud was packed with dedicated fans. You can't go back to October OR November games and judge the crowd back then to what it is now. Roll another one Moron. Oh, and pop a few Altoids, your breath stinks.
Van Quiver

United States

#24 Jan 5, 2014
Tic Tac wrote:
<quoted text> PotHead is more suitable. Why don't you take a look at a more recent game (Dec.27th) on YouTube. The Aud was packed with dedicated fans. You can't go back to October OR November games and judge the crowd back then to what it is now. Roll another one Moron. Oh, and pop a few Altoids, your breath stinks.
The Comets have been giving away HUNDREDS of tickets for every home game. So, yes - there are people in the crowd. The actual attenedance numbers are inflated. It's a fact. Believe what you choose to believe.
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#25 Jan 5, 2014
Tic Tac wrote:
<quoted text> PotHead is more suitable. Why don't you take a look at a more recent game (Dec.27th) on YouTube. The Aud was packed with dedicated fans. You can't go back to October OR November games and judge the crowd back then to what it is now. Roll another one Moron. Oh, and pop a few Altoids, your breath stinks.
You are ignorant at best.
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#26 Jan 5, 2014
Van Quiver wrote:
<quoted text>
The Comets have been giving away HUNDREDS of tickets for every home game. So, yes - there are people in the crowd. The actual attenedance numbers are inflated. It's a fact. Believe what you choose to believe.
Truth.
Exactly what I thought

Vernon, NY

#27 Jan 5, 2014
Potholes...instead of basing your argument on pics and a video, please attend a game and them make your argument. I think you'll see that the games are very well attended. I was at the game Friday and there were easily 3,300 people in the stands.

As for free tix, I'm sorry but that's not the case. Please tell me how one goes about getting free tix. No freebies are being handed out. I'm sure ppl are getting free tix, but they're from season tix holders who aren't going to the game. The Comets organization itself is not giving out free tix.

Please attend next Fridays game, which will surely be a sellout as they'll have been gone for nearly two weeks and them base your opinion. Until then don't base it on a pic you saw on the internet.
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#28 Jan 5, 2014
Exactly what I thought wrote:
Potholes...instead of basing your argument on pics and a video, please attend a game and them make your argument. I think you'll see that the games are very well attended. I was at the game Friday and there were easily 3,300 people in the stands.
As for free tix, I'm sorry but that's not the case. Please tell me how one goes about getting free tix. No freebies are being handed out. I'm sure ppl are getting free tix, but they're from season tix holders who aren't going to the game. The Comets organization itself is not giving out free tix.
Please attend next Fridays game, which will surely be a sellout as they'll have been gone for nearly two weeks and them base your opinion. Until then don't base it on a pic you saw on the internet.
First of all I'm not driving to that sh ithole to watch a game when I have two better venues in my own area to choose from in Albany or glens falls. I also have two division 1 programs to choose from in rpi and union so there's no need to go watch division 3 hockey either. My needs are more than filled.

Also, pictures can't lie like uticans do. If there are 1500 ACTUAL people at the games I'd be shocked.
ahl fan

Gouverneur, NY

#29 Jan 5, 2014
where the hell are you getting the 900 attendance from.the attendance for the last game was 3514...and last week we had 2 sell outs 3815,
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#30 Jan 5, 2014
ahl fan wrote:
where the hell are you getting the 900 attendance from.the attendance for the last game was 3514...and last week we had 2 sell outs 3815,
Announced attendance is always different than actual attendance.
Comets fan

Massena, NY

#31 Jan 5, 2014
Yea go to albany and glens falls potholes. Utica has then both beat in attendance and they have bigger arena
Blackish

Gouverneur, NY

#32 Jan 5, 2014
Vomets suck!
Tic Tac

Lake Luzerne, NY

#33 Jan 5, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant at best.
Ya know, this Topix thing here is free entertainment for me, as I'm sure it's as much for yourself, trying to get people's goat, then sitting back and having a little chuckle. Thanks for being MY free entertainer. Puff Puff Pass, Moron, Puff Puff Pass.
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#34 Jan 5, 2014
Comets fan wrote:
Yea go to albany and glens falls potholes. Utica has then both beat in attendance and they have bigger arena
Umm do you think anyone here really gives a sh it about the games attendance. Sorry we don't pin our economic hopes on a government subsidized hockey team. Enjoy the Canucks this year, they won't be there next season. See you in June.
Ummm

Gouverneur, NY

#35 Jan 5, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm do you think anyone here really gives a sh it about the games attendance. Sorry we don't pin our economic hopes on a government subsidized hockey team. Enjoy the Canucks this year, they won't be there next season. See you in June.
do you plan on taking off a couple hundred pounds before June so you can at least sit up? You fat f!cking pos cowardly flapping moron! Lolololololololol
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#36 Jan 5, 2014
Ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
do you plan on taking off a couple hundred pounds before June so you can at least sit up? You fat f!cking pos cowardly flapping moron! Lolololololololol
Well hello whitesboro trash! LOL!!!
Van Quiver

United States

#37 Jan 5, 2014
Utica Potholes wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm do you think anyone here really gives a sh it about the games attendance. Sorry we don't pin our economic hopes on a government subsidized hockey team. Enjoy the Canucks this year, they won't be there next season. See you in June.
Quite right. All markets give away tickets, it's the oldest trick in the book. The Comets give employees tickets for their families and they give them to media for promotional purposes and then they just give them out to local businesses. That's why people go to the games in this low level market. And, NOW every minimum wage earning slob in Utica is an EXPERT on the business end of running an AHL team!! It's too funny!
jiggy

Malone, NY

#38 Jan 5, 2014
Van Quiver wrote:
<quoted text>
The Comets have been giving away HUNDREDS of tickets for every home game. So, yes - there are people in the crowd. The actual attenedance numbers are inflated. It's a fact. Believe what you choose to believe.
where do you get free tix
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

#39 Jan 5, 2014
Van Quiver wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite right. All markets give away tickets, it's the oldest trick in the book. The Comets give employees tickets for their families and they give them to media for promotional purposes and then they just give them out to local businesses. That's why people go to the games in this low level market. And, NOW every minimum wage earning slob in Utica is an EXPERT on the business end of running an AHL team!! It's too funny!
Uticans are experts on everything! Just ask them!!! LOL!!!
Exactly what I thought

Vernon, NY

#40 Jan 5, 2014
Potholes...I gotta ask. If you've graduate to the great metropolis of Albany, why do you come on Utica Topix?? You must not have much going on in life to come on here and harass people.

Your answer should be entertaining, only momentarily because then I'll feel sorry for you.
Comets fan

Massena, NY

#41 Jan 5, 2014
Exactly what I thought wrote:
Potholes...I gotta ask. If you've graduate to the great metropolis of Albany, why do you come on Utica Topix?? You must not have much going on in life to come on here and harass people.
Your answer should be entertaining, only momentarily because then I'll feel sorry for you.
the funniest thing is the comets are out drawing the devils by 600 and its a three times bigger area. Wait til the aud is done thats all I'm gonna say plus on top of thAt the comets are in last place. Next year they will align the team for success with the good pieces from this year with the extra seats we can bump the average to 3500 for the year. Spme of those sell outs could have been 4100 people instead of 3815 which the aud holds now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
everybody WEAR A NYLON ON YOUR HEAD LIKE MOON C... 1 min IP NOT 2
ghettos MAKE # 1 MOST DAMGEROUS PLACES ON EARTH 1 min IP NOT 14
look AT DENTED SHAVED ]\[lGGER HEADS ON MUG SHO... 2 min IP NOT 5
North Utica Meth 3 min This 18
i will watch the nfl and so will u 4 min Da raiders 1
Urban Dictionary FLAMES Utica lol! 11 min Typical 9
CNY's Sex Offender problem..... 12 min Only In Utica 1
NFL/NBA Players vs Trump 42 min your mother 105
Gonna sit back and watch the show! 2 hr Cry little baby 20
Kaitlyn Conley 2 3 hr seriously 10
nh football coach 4 hr badguy 21

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages