Comets Lose in Front Of 900 Fans

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 63 Comments Last updated Jan 8, 2014
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Latest news

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 3, 2014
 

Judged:

6

4

4

The place was empty and the Vomets got throttled
season tix holder

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 3, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Official attendance 3,716
Latest news

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 3, 2014
 

Judged:

5

3

3

season tix holder wrote:
Official attendance 3,716
no way! The aud doesn't hold that many
Exactly what I thought

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

5

4

3

I was there....great crowd!! Awesome energy in the building during the first and 2nd periods. Big hits, two fights....too bad we let up a couple of soft goals.

I was impressed with the crowd considering it was 5 below. Easily 3,500...and that's people in the seats. So don't go getting all pissy saying they inflate the attendance.

This should pretty much kill this thread. No one ever replies to my posts anyways...I use logic and reason instead of coming on here and just running my mouth and bashing all that is Utica.

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 4, 2014
 
Exactly what I thought wrote:
I was there....great crowd!! Awesome energy in the building during the first and 2nd periods. Big hits, two fights....too bad we let up a couple of soft goals.
I was impressed with the crowd considering it was 5 below. Easily 3,500...and that's people in the seats. So don't go getting all pissy saying they inflate the attendance.
This should pretty much kill this thread. No one ever replies to my posts anyways...I use logic and reason instead of coming on here and just running my mouth and bashing all that is Utica.
i was there also, well over 3000 in the seats id say 3300-3400. crowd wasnt into this game much except a couple of fights canatta was horrible, the third and fifth goal were killers. i was shocked to see him starting over eriksson. dont respond to the trolls, they are clueless. we all said attendance would improve once the holidays were over. in the four games since xmas, two sellouts and two 3500 plus crowds. not bad for finishing a 7 game home stand. and way better than the old devils drew. comets are much better at promoting their product.
angry Charlie

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Exactly what I thought wrote:
I was there....great crowd!! Awesome energy in the building during the first and 2nd periods. Big hits, two fights....too bad we let up a couple of soft goals.
I was impressed with the crowd considering it was 5 below. Easily 3,500...and that's people in the seats. So don't go getting all pissy saying they inflate the attendance.
This should pretty much kill this thread. No one ever replies to my posts anyways...I use logic and reason instead of coming on here and just running my mouth and bashing all that is Utica.
You want a reply?? OK,heres a reply: choke on a long black dick, azzhole! Feel better now?
Wrong again

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

3

wackedandjacked wrote:
<quoted text>
i was there also, well over 3000 in the seats id say 3300-3400. crowd wasnt into this game much except a couple of fights canatta was horrible, the third and fifth goal were killers. i was shocked to see him starting over eriksson. dont respond to the trolls, they are clueless. we all said attendance would improve once the holidays were over. in the four games since xmas, two sellouts and two 3500 plus crowds. not bad for finishing a 7 game home stand. and way better than the old devils drew. comets are much better at promoting their product.
Well, Azzpacked, you are wrong again. The holidays are not over. Martin Luther King Jr. has his holiday on the 15th of this month. Also, the announced figure includes all of the forced season tix sales to those family and friends whose businesses received the 82 millions tax money announced last week. You know, those who bought tix and don't show up.
Exactly what I thought

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Exactly what I thought Charlie...you've been beaten (which is quote simple) so you resort to useless drivel.

Don't bother replying again, you're just wasting everyone's time.
Droape

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Get a job ape and wash that n a head

Level 2

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Azzpacked, you are wrong again. The holidays are not over. Martin Luther King Jr. has his holiday on the 15th of this month. Also, the announced figure includes all of the forced season tix sales to those family and friends whose businesses received the 82 millions tax money announced last week. You know, those who bought tix and don't show up.
you have an amazing amount of talent..... how do you manage to play with yourself, type and shove your head up your azz all at the same time???? you are truley blessed with a multitude of talents. now go out to the mail box and see if your welfare check and porno mags have arrived to keep you occuppied for the weekend.....
lucky pucky

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 4, 2014
 
Next game is in 2 weeks
lucky pucky

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 4, 2014
 
Correction: next home game is in 2 weeks
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I saw pictures from last nights game. There was in no way more than 2000 people there. I don't care what was announced. Pictures don't lie when almost entire sections were empty.
depends

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 4, 2014
 
it depends on when the picture was taken. last night the lower sections were not filled till half way through the first period. and they started emptying with 10 minutes left in the game. it was well over 3300 fans mid game. and not everyone stays in their seat, bathroom breaks, food and beer runs, two bars in the building where you can watch the game.
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

depends wrote:
it depends on when the picture was taken. last night the lower sections were not filled till half way through the first period. and they started emptying with 10 minutes left in the game. it was well over 3300 fans mid game. and not everyone stays in their seat, bathroom breaks, food and beer runs, two bars in the building where you can watch the game.
Wow. Always a rosey "utica spin" on everything. My family has season tickets. I hear first hand about the games quite frequently and have seen hundreds of pictures from the season. Attendance is vastly exaggerated. That's a fact.
Comets fan

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 4, 2014
 
People that were there, why do you answer these clowns everyone knows it was packed. Your giving them their rise out of us. There was 900 people in the bars before the game let alone there
Utica Potholes

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Comets fan wrote:
People that were there, why do you answer these clowns everyone knows it was packed. Your giving them their rise out of us. There was 900 people in the bars before the game let alone there
Pictures don't lie. Videos easily accessible on youtube don't lie. Attendance is putrid. I don't care what they announce.
HP Zinker

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Comets routinely 'paper the house' - they give out free tickets to anyone and everyone. THEN they count those tickets when the game attendance is calculated. If people use them, or not - the tickets that were given out are still tallied, AS IF the people were actually there.
Comets fan

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HP Zinker wrote:
The Comets routinely 'paper the house'- they give out free tickets to anyone and everyone. THEN they count those tickets when the game attendance is calculated. If people use them, or not - the tickets that were given out are still tallied, AS IF the people were actually there.
keep dreaming pal this isn't utica college playing cobleskill. Were talking nhl ready talent. Your just mad because the comets/the aud and the ownership group are exceeding everyone including my own expectations. I did not see such a professional operation coming from the ushers to the way the aud looks. Based on what i read out of media outlets from Vancouver they didn't sound optimistic in the beginning but i think they have been shocked how the aud and attendance has been added with the low rent and travel costs. I think your gonna be eating crow my friend. You can already count the Albany game as a sell out due to the hat trick tickets being used that game
Mayor PalmHairy

Fairfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 4, 2014
 
"Talent" Haha!

"Exceeding Uticans' Expectations"...... one can only IMAGINE!

"Light Bulbs" in the ceilings would put uticans over the moon lmao!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NICOLE WADinhermouthSWORTH 15 min Ohphuck 12
Reptilians in Utica! 15 min krllllll 2
rcil employment 53 min Underpaid 7
stalker obsession problems 1 hr purple n green dr... 5
little league world series 1 hr Nevada 5
why pay for fireworks?? 1 hr Big Time 10
utica national (Jun '13) 2 hr NY Voter 518
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 3 hr Fat Tony Salerno 67
utica aud 3 hr Umm OK 89
Raspberry owner divorcing what happened? 4 hr Pitter Pat Cuse ny 7
Police Officers 12 hr just because 18

Search the Utica Forum:
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••