What was the scariest movie you ever saw. ?

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jason Vorhees

Nashua, NH

#1 Oct 31, 2012
The Excorcist
pumpkinhead

Nashua, NH

#2 Oct 31, 2012
Blair Witch Project. That was real scary
torat

Camillus, NY

#3 Oct 31, 2012
Reefer Madness. It woke me up to the terrifying thought of government misinformation and propaganda.
Freddy

Waterville, NY

#4 Oct 31, 2012
Nightmare on elm st Part one.wide Trail of blood from dragging body down school hallway. Very original .
Sissy spaces

Utica, NY

#5 Oct 31, 2012
Carrie! back in the day scared the hell out of me!
BnW

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Oct 31, 2012
Carnival of Souls
Anderson

Utica, NY

#7 Oct 31, 2012
Blair Witch Project. It still makes me think twice about being in the woods after dark.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 31, 2012
Animal House.
boo

Utica, NY

#9 Oct 31, 2012
Poltergeist, REC
boo

Utica, NY

#10 Oct 31, 2012
KY WELLER wrote:
Animal House.
What a points sucker you are.
Michael Myers

Jamaica Plain, MA

#11 Oct 31, 2012
Halloween (all of them)
carl

Utica, NY

#12 Oct 31, 2012
The original Halloween!
Mark

New Hartford, NY

#13 Oct 31, 2012
Mark of the Devil - rated "V" for Violence and handed you a barf bag when you went in - 5th grade at the Stanley 1972........
spooky

Poestenkill, NY

#14 Oct 31, 2012
Sinister, showing at the marquee. Left me cold, too spooky.
Rob Zombie

Jamaica Plain, MA

#15 Oct 31, 2012
The original The Night of the Living Dead. Seen it at a drive-in ,scared the crap out of me. Couldn't sleep for 2 nights, when i was a kid.
Dr Witty and Igor

Jamaica Plain, MA

#16 Oct 31, 2012
I used to watch Monster Movie Matinee at noon every Saturday when i was a kid. Those were the days !!
sydney

Boston, MA

#17 Oct 31, 2012
The exorcist totally freaked me out when I was younger. But more recent the grudge was the first movie to make me jump out of my seat in a long time.
hockey mask

Jamaica Plain, MA

#18 Oct 31, 2012
Friday the 13th . I think they're were 9 sequels.
boo

Utica, NY

#19 Oct 31, 2012
sydney wrote:
The exorcist totally freaked me out when I was younger. But more recent the grudge was the first movie to make me jump out of my seat in a long time.
The exorcist is rated one of the top 10 scariest movies of all time.

Did you know it is also considered a cursed movie.

There were a number of deaths that occurred during the making of and shortly after the completion of The Exorcist, and the reports vary between four and nine deaths. Actress Ellen Burstyn asserts that there were nine deaths in all, and is quoted as saying “there was an enormous amount of deaths connected with the film”(“Curse of The Exorcist”). Jack MacGowran, the actor that played the role of Burke Dennings, died shortly before the film release. On January 30, 1973, MacGowran died as a result of complications from the flu at the age of 55: just over a month before the film’s official release (“Jack MacGowran”). MacGowran was cremated after his death and his ashes scattered in the sea (“Jack MacGowran”). Strangely, MacGowran’s character also dies in the film; Burke is killed by the possessed child when he is left alone with her.

Valsiliki Maliaros also died before the release of The Exorcist, the woman that played the role of Father Karras’s mother; died and was 90 years old when she passed away on February 9, 1973 of natural causes (“The Exorcist”). In addition, Lee J. Cobb, the actor that played the role of Lieutenant Kinderman, died three years after the film’s release in 1976 at the age of 64 from a heart attack (“Lee J. Cobb”). He was buried in Los Angeles County in the Mount Sinai Memorial Park Cemetery in the Garden of Shemot 1, Lot 421 (“Lee. J. Cobb”). Still other deaths occurred during the production of the film; there is a rumor that Max von Sydow, who played the role of Father Merrin, had a brother that passed away in Sweden while The Exorcist film was in production (“The Exorcist – The Film”). Some accounts argue that the latter incident is not true and that the actor had no siblings whatsoever. However, Evelyn Burstyn reveals in an interview that Max von Sydow did indeed have a brother that died during the time that the film was in production (“Curse of The Exorcist”). Burstyn further asserts that one of the cameramen had a wife that had given birth and the child died while the film was in production, and she further confirms that the man responsible for refrigerating the set died (“The Curse of the Exorcist”). Meanwhile, it is reported that Linda Blair’s grandfather died during filming, that an African American night watchman on the set also died, another incident confirmed by Burstyn; and that a man pointed out by Blair in the film died (“The Curse of the Exorcist”). Strange events continued to plague the cast and crew of the film throughout production.
boo

Utica, NY

#20 Oct 31, 2012
Here is a list of cursed movies.

Rebel Without A Cause

Poltergeist

Rosemary’s Baby

Godspell

Twilight Zone: The Movie

The Omen

The Crow

Superman

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nanotechnology Complex Becoming Reality at SUNYIT (Jun '13) 18 min More nano lies 99
utica felon post removed 27 min ToiletTeeth BillW... 5
Famous Utican False Myths 37 min ToiletTeeth BillW... 14
Whitesboro High School (Jan '14) 38 min Lovestobangchicks 52
yanadasis closes club house 39 min Sandora 14
WHY hasn't /|/IGGER HAIR EVOLVED TO BE HUMAN BU... 41 min ToiletTeeth BillW... 7
Westmoreland Rd Elementary School Whitesboro - ... 41 min perfect1234 55
NH new AD, you blew it already. 52 min UtiKowfuck NY 11
Koguts suing SUNY Brockport 2 hr Old South 13
Teb's son arrested from NH. 10 hr Reality Check 22
•••

Freeze Warning for Oneida County was issued at September 18 at 9:03PM EDT

•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••