Nano Utica job fair draws thousands

Nano Utica job fair draws thousands

There are 32 comments on the WKTV story from Apr 29, 2014, titled Nano Utica job fair draws thousands. In it, WKTV reports that:

Substitute teacher Natalie Williams came to the Nano Utica Job Fair looking for something more permanent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hugs and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#1 Apr 29, 2014
"nanotechnology would transform the Utica area into the Silicon Valley of New York".

Lol! Please tell me you people aren't this dumb. Oh my goodness.
Utica Positivity Brigade

Blossvale, NY

#2 Apr 29, 2014
Hugs and Riggies wrote:
"nanotechnology would transform the Utica area into the Silicon Valley of New York".
Yes. Yes they are.

It hasn't even been all that great for Malta, and they've been further along in comparison:

"There was a great deal more speculation and anticipation than what is actually happening,” Sausville said.“It’s no doubt been a healthy economic transformation … but there hasn’t been as much business development as we had hoped.”

http://www.uticaod.com/article/20131020/News/...
Hugs and Riggies

Cleveland, NY

#3 Apr 29, 2014
Did everyone see the 1999 people an my one home boy. One days my one home boy work a mouse.
But not 1 job

United States

#4 Apr 29, 2014
This is too funny! Nobody got hired this is all "maybe future" jobs lmfao!

The giveaway was that no companies that exist were even mentioned. People who went were told these were "future" jobs. Classic! Where was the "media" on this lie? Oh wait! They were doing musical numbers to make it look "wonderful"! You people are so fcked!
Royalty

United States

#5 Apr 29, 2014
Hugs and Riggies wrote:
Did everyone see the 1999 people an my one home boy. One days my one home boy work a mouse.
You should look up the patents licensed for Synaptics to use idiot. Also look up where the owners live LMAO!

;-)
Truth

Utica, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2014
In all of the accounts of the job fair I've seen I've yet to see an list of actual employers. Were there actual private sector employers there taking resumes/applications?

On WKTV I saw a NYS Dept of Labor booth and a display that appeared to show what chips look like.

Did anyone reading this actually go?
Taxpayer Charade

United States

#7 Apr 30, 2014
It's a farce. They have no 'chip maker" interested at all and not even the wetlands permit. This is all theater that completely fools the breathless WKTV WIBX and Observer Dispatch crowd. I'm sure the big "chip display" sold them %100 on the "reality" that "it's coming"!
Amitabah

Utica, NY

#8 Apr 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
In all of the accounts of the job fair I've seen I've yet to see an list of actual employers. Were there actual private sector employers there taking resumes/applications?
On WKTV I saw a NYS Dept of Labor booth and a display that appeared to show what chips look like.
Did anyone reading this actually go?
There are two types of people in the world, Boosters and Knockers. Boosters are the cup half full folks. They are optimists, with a "can do"attitude. Then there are the knockers , gloomy Gusses, These types must be avoided at all costs. They are the folks who sit on they're butts knocking everything. The Boilermaker, the chip plant, sunshine, mothers milk, you name it. Eventually they all wind up on Topix, where they can get support from other negative nabobs. They are attracted to the G.O.P., the party of NO. These half whitts were blaming Obama for the economic crash that happened before he even took office. They are against the minimum wage. Claiming that out of work people are just lazy. But when the unemployed turn out in droves to apply for jobs,(re: nano plant), they say those same people are stupid to try.
Youre gullible

United States

#10 Apr 30, 2014
*you're
Job Fairs and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#11 Apr 30, 2014
Youre gullible wrote:
<quoted text>So in other words your a gullible fool who needs liberal handouts in order to face the reality of your liberal povertystate, and is too stupid to see that this is the very waste and asinine planning that put you there. Where I live tech jobs are not a problem. We see who the half "whitt"[sic] is here. Now run and get your little nano job application in dreamer and stick your ostrich head up your lazy ass.
My god they're so desperate for any success they just blindly follow the retard circus as it digs their graves. I'll check back in 15 years to see if you found yourself a job.
OMG... 1500 gullible desperate tax-death-state fools showed up for 300 non-existent positions for a "nano factory" that doesn't exist, for a company that doesn't exist and somehow the people who question it are the half wits?
LOOOOOOOOL!! Utica so deserves its fate. These retards just keep running their foreheads into the same bloody walls!
Do you work for the OD or are you Elizabeth Cooper's lezbo lover? Which is it? You cannot be this stupid!
And we are "negative" for pointing out the facts.
Blaming Bush Wont Work

United States

#12 Apr 30, 2014
LOL The first sign that "kim" is a flaming ignorant retard liberal fool is she's still blaming Bush LMFAO! Can you say "As stupid as livestock"?

I think it's perfect karma for those liberal nannystate fools to have to lie to themselves. Obama has outspent Bush by 50X, has been president with the worst track record on economy, foreign relations and debt than ANY president EVER but these poor impoverished fact-challeneged retards are still blaming bush.

Maybe they think Obama needs another 4 terms to "fix" the problem. These democrat liberal parasites are in for a major fckn surprise in November and in 2016!

I love looking in at NY and watching all these losers getting what they deserve there. They keep voting for worthless headline chasers and 20 year career parasites like Schumer and keep expecting different results! LMFAO!
Utica Positivity Brigade

Hartford, CT

#14 Apr 30, 2014
Job Fairs and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
And we are "negative" for pointing out the facts.
SHUSH *THE EMPEROR HAS CLOTHES...*
Truth

Utica, NY

#15 Apr 30, 2014
Amitabah wrote:
<quoted text> There are two types of people in the world, Boosters and Knockers. Boosters are the cup half full folks. They are optimists, with a "can do"attitude. Then there are the knockers , gloomy Gusses, These types must be avoided at all costs. They are the folks who sit on they're butts knocking everything. The Boilermaker, the chip plant, sunshine, mothers milk, you name it. Eventually they all wind up on Topix, where they can get support from other negative nabobs. They are attracted to the G.O.P., the party of NO. These half whitts were blaming Obama for the economic crash that happened before he even took office. They are against the minimum wage. Claiming that out of work people are just lazy. But when the unemployed turn out in droves to apply for jobs,(re: nano plant), they say those same people are stupid to try.
Your take on this is much too simple. You confuse negativism with skepticism. If you've lived in this area for any length of time you'll no doubt be able to recall all kinds of taxpayer aided business startups that just never seem to live up to their advance billing. With the number of these taxpayer funded schemes that have failed to produce the promised return, it's natural for any thinking human being to be skeptical. Not negative. Skeptical. Especially in this case because this one seems to be costing more than the rest put together. Have you done the math? How much is it costing taxpayers for those 300 jobs? How much will it continue to cost in the future?

Nano Utica (or whatever the 'nano title' of the day is) seems very much like many things we've seen in the past. When you peel back the layers you find that the only money being spent is taxpayer money. This job fair was for jobs at the Quad C building on the SUNYIT campus. A building bought and paid for by the taxpayers of New York. The paychecks for these jobs will be endorsed by either the taxpayers of the state of New York (like we need more state employees) or by businesses who will be operating out of that building tax free for the next ten years. How does that help? This job fair has nothing to do with a chip fabrication plant that only exists on paper in a US Corps of Engineers wetland permit application and an EDGE marketing brochure. Those are facts though you'd never know it from local media reports or political press conferences at all levels.

Again, don't confuse skepticism with being negative. They are different.

I asked previously if anyone could name private sector employers at the job fair who were taking applications/resumes and conducting interviews. That question still stands.
Utica Positivity Brigade

Hartford, CT

#16 Apr 30, 2014
Amitabah wrote:
<quoted text> There are two types of people in the world, Boosters and Knockers. Boosters are the cup half full folks. They are optimists, with a "can do"attitude. Then there are the knockers , gloomy Gusses, These types must be avoided at all costs. They are the folks who sit on they're butts knocking everything. The Boilermaker, the chip plant, sunshine, mothers milk, you name it. Eventually they all wind up on Topix, where they can get support from other negative nabobs. They are attracted to the G.O.P., the party of NO. These half whitts were blaming Obama for the economic crash that happened before he even took office. They are against the minimum wage. Claiming that out of work people are just lazy. But when the unemployed turn out in droves to apply for jobs,(re: nano plant), they say those same people are stupid to try.
More like:

There are the Utica BLIND... where they scream, "THE GLASS IS HALF FULL!!" when actually it's 100% empty. They're the ones that amass lemons, saying, "I'M GOING TO MAKE LEMONADE!!!" when they have zero access to sugar, water or even a pitcher. They're the same ones that believe that if you ignore your diabetes, then the diabetes will eventually go away... "because I'm being positive!"

Then there are the Utica truth-tellers. They tell it like it is, and the BLIND reply, "You're a gloomy gus! Nyah nyah!" The truth-tellers try to change things, try to make things better, and the BLIND run over to slap their hands away saying, "UTICA IS GREAT ENOUGH AS IS! Everything you need is in Utica! Italian pride! Give me more of your tax dollars!"
Job Fairs and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#17 Apr 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your take on this is much too simple. You confuse negativism with skepticism. If you've lived in this area for any length of time you'll no doubt be able to recall all kinds of taxpayer aided business startups that just never seem to live up to their advance billing. With the number of these taxpayer funded schemes that have failed to produce the promised return, it's natural for any thinking human being to be skeptical. Not negative. Skeptical. Especially in this case because this one seems to be costing more than the rest put together. Have you done the math? How much is it costing taxpayers for those 300 jobs? How much will it continue to cost in the future?
Nano Utica (or whatever the 'nano title' of the day is) seems very much like many things we've seen in the past. When you peel back the layers you find that the only money being spent is taxpayer money. This job fair was for jobs at the Quad C building on the SUNYIT campus. A building bought and paid for by the taxpayers of New York. The paychecks for these jobs will be endorsed by either the taxpayers of the state of New York (like we need more state employees) or by businesses who will be operating out of that building tax free for the next ten years. How does that help? This job fair has nothing to do with a chip fabrication plant that only exists on paper in a US Corps of Engineers wetland permit application and an EDGE marketing brochure. Those are facts though you'd never know it from local media reports or political press conferences at all levels.
Again, don't confuse skepticism with being negative. They are different.
I asked previously if anyone could name private sector employers at the job fair who were taking applications/resumes and conducting interviews. That question still stands.
There were none. I saw the wktv report and they just kept mentioning the "six private companies" but no names simply because there aren't any.
Wolfs Cousin

United States

#18 Apr 30, 2014
I reached out to a friend whom I do business with who currently works for the state. Like me he has an MSIS and is considered A1 material for tech employment. Unlike me he stayed in NY and ended up working for the prisons lmao!

So he was off yest. and headed on in there to fill out an app [he's s positive thinker but I've been smartening him up] and he asked a few questions of a friend he studied with who was helping them shuffle papers. Here's what he observed and heard - There are 18 jobs that will become open in August, the rest are being entered into a database so the state can wave them around at potential ic manufacturers that's it. He also took some pics of the event with his phone and I noticed even the "fancy new building" is built like a hollywood movie set so it looks larger than it really is! You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up we need people to start exposing these vote-hungry wasteful phonies for this including theAsshole media who literally proves they don't even ask the right questions.
Wolfs Cousin

United States

#19 Apr 30, 2014
IOW this whole thing was a farce and SUNY, EDGE and the media are jerking people's expectations around so they have a pad of potential employees. This is an unheard-of level of deception if you ask me.
High Tech Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#21 May 1, 2014
Wolfs Cousin wrote:
IOW this whole thing was a farce and SUNY, EDGE and the media are jerking people's expectations around so they have a pad of potential employees. This is an unheard-of level of deception if you ask me.
No way! There's 1500 "high tech jobs" coming! Lol!
Unemployed Riggie Maker

Rochester, NY

#22 May 1, 2014
Hugs and Riggies wrote:
Nano couldnt even make Utica into the Saquoit Valley of New york
Unemployed Riggie Maker

Cleveland, NY

#23 May 1, 2014
Has everyone noticed my ONE HOME BOY at the fair, he will be mopping floors like my baby daddy does in prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i SAY NANO AND CRY ABOUT MONEY 24 7 31 min FAKE EAGLE COD 15
only liars say how much they hate people who lie (May '10) 32 min LiesMakeMeAngry 14
name FAB PLANTS IN AFRICA AND SHUTTLES 33 min FAKE EAGLE COD 4
merritt SEWAGE BACKING UP NO SHOWERS AT SEVENTY... 34 min FAKE EAGLE COD 14
Utica gets an Apple store!! 36 min Never 53
gutless COWARD CAN SAY EAGLE CAD CANT PROVE ONE... 36 min FAKE EAGLE COD 21
my FEMALE TEARS CRY ABOUT STATE SPENDING MONEY ... 38 min FAKE EAGLE COD 18
Computer Aided Design (CAD) 42 min FAKE EAGLE COD 43
Is New Hartford a good place to live? 49 min Toilet towns 32
Some NH People Are Gamey 54 min FAKE EAGLE COD 14
Comets - another gets fired 1 hr Trash drama 121
Andrea Carcone 2 hr Nosy losers 8

Utica Jobs

More from around the web