Rita

Fayetteville, NY

#23 Jun 25, 2008
okay
Level 3

Since: Apr 08

NOT From New Hartford

#24 Jun 25, 2008
I'll tell ya, there are a lot of hotties at UCP!

:-D
yeahsure

AOL

#26 Jun 25, 2008
hmmmmmm wrote:
do tell
when was this and which location
I believe one was in Rome, the woman I know quit because of it. cover up
Glad to be out

New York, NY

#27 Mar 6, 2009
UCP is run by individuals who would never make in the real work place. promotions are given to those who lack the qualifications (no degree at all can get you promoted to a 4 year degree position as long as you are related to someone up high). They treat their employees really bad, no appreciation for their long hours, tough working conditions or dedication. I would not recommend UCP as a place to work unless you are between jobs and NEED something quick. Get out once something else comes along.
North Star

Fayetteville, NY

#28 Mar 6, 2009
I thought UCP stood for United Cerebral Palsy
wondering

New York, NY

#29 Mar 6, 2009
Lou Tehan,is a real jerk in my book.Dont let them move into your neighborhhod,they are not very neighborhood friendly.

Since: Jun 10

Holland Patent, NY

#30 Jun 23, 2010
good question, and how about the ones that get physically and psychically abused, witness turns it in, the staff get suspended and then allowed to return. then you have others that get fired for less offenses and situations get blown out of proportion and depending on and who wants you out with whatever pull they have..these kids are chattel for the higher ups to continue to make their money. right or wrong.this all depends on ones outlook . truth is that there is an awful amount of great people working there for the right reasons and the few that make that place horrible for the kids and adults alike.

Holland Patent, NY

#31 Jun 23, 2010
yes one can take pride in their work, true for the ones that care for these individuals (the majority of the direct care staff) the higher ups for the most part treat them as numbers , dollar signs, after all it is a business. so trying to cover ucp with a clean sheet doesn't cut it. there are things that go on/ has gone on in that place that should shut that place down ( example. Gildersleeve, 2separate abuse charges 2 separate individuals).they continue with the same practices as before.yes they higher the majority of people that lack experience is part of the problem, the not willingness to pay properly and that wont change the fact that UCP will cover up whatever in order to continue to stay open .don't get me wrong.UCP is good for the area , generates income, but at what cost? they higher anyone , even cleaned up drug users that continue to use once highered, people that personalize with the individuals and stop becoming therapeutic .

Holland Patent, NY

#32 Jun 23, 2010
Rita wrote:
okay
do you know a dave calhoun
Mel

United States

#33 Jul 18, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
That certainly sums it up perfectly. The regular employees dont stand a chance against any supervisor in any argument and the human resource department stands by no one. They would rather just fire you and start over with someone else off the street. Go to a UCP orientation and look at the people that are getting hired. I tell ya what, it's not the people with 4 year degrees or masters looking to start a career. It's the high school dropouts and scum of the area. Thats what happens when you offer jobs for minimum wage working ridiculous overnight shifts.
No one is forced to work an overnight shift. And the differentials UCP pays to work those shifts are quite generous. No one is forced to do anything. It's a job one chooses to do, and those "dropouts and kids with GED's" who do well, get compensated nicely considering the lack of eduction. Those who don't dont do well, work themselves out on thier own, by thier own wrong doing. Those with 4year degrees who have no experience have got to pay thier dues in direct care first; those are the breaks. And sometimes a 4 year degree isn't anything but paper if you don't have patience and a big heart. There arent too many places around the area giving bonuses to nearly 2,000 employees in the middle of July, so yeah, I would check my facts if I were you. It's an excellent place to work, and especially in this economy, one is extremely fortunate to work there.
employee

Herkimer, NY

#34 Jul 18, 2010
UCP does good wrote:
I know alot of people that work at UCP. It is like any other job if you take pride in your work you are rewarded and if you don't then you won't be rewarded. UCP employs over 1700 people and continues to grow. Anyone who hasn't worked for UCP should refrain from commenting because you are likely to be non accurate. UCP on a daily basis provides services that are above standards. Working at UCP is very rewarding and you also get a paycheck which in this poor economy is a reward in itself. Maybe some of the negative people who commented should apply, oh I forgot UCP drug tests you wouldn't get hired anyways. When it is all said and done everyone has their own opinion some right and some wrong but you are still entitled to your opinion. So I say to all who commented good or bad have a great day.
Could'nt agree more. been there 13 years and it's the best !
Pro UCP

United States

#35 Jul 18, 2010
Glad to be out wrote:
UCP is run by individuals who would never make in the real work place. promotions are given to those who lack the qualifications (no degree at all can get you promoted to a 4 year degree position as long as you are related to someone up high). They treat their employees really bad, no appreciation for their long hours, tough working conditions or dedication. I would not recommend UCP as a place to work unless you are between jobs and NEED something quick. Get out once something else comes along.
This entire paragraph is bogus and wrong. This is absolute garbage. It's a great place, doing great things; both for the people they serve and their employees. Absolute libel.
Past Employee

New York, NY

#36 Sep 7, 2011
Woww, I google online the address to UCP and got the link to this. I was blown away by some of the things written on here. I agree with what some have said and also disagree with some that is said. Every facilty ran has it's ups and downs and unless you have worked there you are no one to judge. I worked there for 3 years while attending college and loved it. Yes I agree there was drama, but where isn't there drama? I learned alot and got to know a lot of great people. Sometimes I even miss it.
Potato Farm

Rome, NY

#37 Sep 7, 2011
How to care for your Potato.
Feed potato
Clean potato
Move Potato
Talk to potato
Start over
heyheyhey

New York, NY

#38 Oct 3, 2011
Potato Farm wrote:
How to care for your Potato.
Feed potato
Clean potato
Move Potato
Talk to potato
Start over
Whaddya mean 'care'?

It's THERAPY! Don't you get it?

And if you believe what you do is therapeutic, then I have a bridge to sell you....
curious

United States

#39 Oct 4, 2011
Who was michael roger brennen?
Hmmmmm

Binghamton, NY

#40 Jan 26, 2012
Don't they do random drug tests at UCP?
sav62848

Calabash, NC

#41 Jan 26, 2012
UCP is great wrote:
I actually work at Upstate Cerebral Palsy and I love it! I have worked there for 4 years and from an employee standpoint I could not ask for a better job. The services are excellent and we really have an impact on the children and adults we serve. I would recommend that anyone apply there to work - it is a great place to be.
Your comments are refreshing. Thank you for your positive and appealing reflections.
sav62848

Calabash, NC

#42 Jan 26, 2012
We could use more positive comments like these.
Recruiter

Milford, MA

#43 Jan 26, 2012
Does anyone remember a Stacey that worked there? I think she was a recruter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Hateford Police Chief Michael S. Inserra - ... 3 min No Batman Costume 7
John Ford of Utica... we found your Dell laptop. 7 min No Batman Costume 16
NH cancels football season! 17 min Not too bright 62
Work On Aud Improvements 27 min Welfare wendy 410
Joette Mancuso 31 min Paulie Walnuts 4
Where is the Jill Reale learned a new word thread 37 min Dave 2
utica college employee sexting at the it desk 39 min stop being nosy 2
Need a good Divorce Lawyer in New Hartford? 1 hr Utica Zeta Male 100

Utica Jobs

More from around the web