tracy

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

OK here's the deal we are all concerned obviously so if animal control doesn't answer then the police will be getting involved... does the German Shepherd have any shelter ? whats the address. I. will check it out too..
The facts

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Why aren't people helping people like we feel the need to help animals????
Fool

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

The facts wrote:
Those trying to help animals are probably the first to try and help other people too. Get off of your lame soap-box and try and make a difference yourself, whether it be trying to help another person or animal.
Help

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

The facts wrote:
Everything is out of an animals control, so they need our help. Post whatever or wherever we can help. I will help get someone there too or steal the dog myself. Humane society better start stepping up and helping and not just pushing it to animal control who. Which is one person and never working!!!!!!A nit Vitullo, you are an angel, NOW GET INVOLVED!!!!!!!!!!
tracy

Penn Yan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

OK we are all concerned... does this Shepard have shelter ?....Where on Mohawk st....I could check it out too.... I've called 3 times the dog warden.. and no answer or call back... I will try in the morning and then call the police department in regards to them....that's ridiculous....
tracy

Penn Yan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I will call humane society also....If the dog warden is on vacation someone should certainly be filling in.....
Excuse me

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I checked again today. The dog was inside, thankfully. But, it's hit or miss and most of the time it is outside and I see no shelter. I do not feel right making accusations but it would be nice to have the situation checked out just to make sure for the dog's sake. The temperatures are very very cold and no matter what kind of dog it is, it should have some shelter or at least not be outdoors for long periods of time and I have seen him/her out on extremely cold days. If you travel in the 1200 block of Mohawk, you will see a sign that says beware of dog behind a big fenced in driveway. As I said, I do not like to accuse, but they obviously think the dog is fine outside with no covering and of course no water or food because it would freeze anyway? I would think. I have attempted to call someone about this but got nowhere.
tracy

Penn Yan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Don't feel bad about making accusations or jumping to conclusions... better to do that then nothing.... have you ever been able to get through to the dog warden at all ?? I will look on Mohawk for the Shepard...I didn't see the jack Russell walking the street today... but I intend to call tommorow and find some info out.....And go from there....
Golden

South New Berlin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Good job both of you-
Excuse me

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I did not try the dog warden again but could not get through when I did. It was frustrating. And I have been constantly checking to see if the dog is in or out. The last time I saw him outside was when it was a rainy but very cold day. I think this past Tuesday. I did not check the last two days but did go by today and he was not out. That would be nice if you check and watch too if you can. I still don't feel right about accusing someone but I do see what I see and it makes me so nervous. I hate seeing any animal out in inclement weather and especially below zero, especially with all the abuse that goes on more than ever. Oh...and thank you poster #29.
doggy

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Animal control falls under upd. If there is no answer please call upd.
doggy

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

If you see the dog out in the cold and call for animal control with no answer, call upd and ask for deputy chief toomey and mention all the times called with no answer.
Hopefully

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I hope someone gets him/them a new home. So Sad!
tracy

Penn Yan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Thank you all for the information.... It is so appreciated.... I'm so happy to see people that care ...I will call Upd If Ican't get ahold of the dog warden tommorow...I will also go by Mohawk St.residence and check on the Shepard...Is it easy to find ?
Excuse me

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Judged:

Yes I believe it's easy. You can't miss the big fence that it's behind all the time in a very long driveway and on the fence it has a beware of dog sign. The shepherd when it's out like this past summer, does bark alot..but wags it's tail when you talk to him/her. Very pretty dog. I just hope they know that it needs the shelter from cold and/or very hot weather and truthfully she be kept inside when it's like that. I didn't want to call UPD only because I know they want all kinds of info before they even respond, which is understandable with all going on in this city right now. But, this dog would need to at least be checked on to see that they understand how to take care of it properly.
tracy

Honeoye Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2013

Judged:

I haven't seen my little guy on Leeds St. At all.... I check almost everyday....to make sure he's not wandering the streets.... Have you seen the Shepard ???? I will look tommorow to see where he lives....
Golden

South New Berlin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2013

Judged:

Just a note to everyone reading this. Temperatures are dropping for the rest of the week. Pets can not and will not survive outside in those extremes. PLEASE bring animals inside and look out for those that aren't.
Golden

South New Berlin, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2013

Judged:

tracy wrote:
I haven't seen my little guy on Leeds St. At all.... I check almost everyday....to make sure he's not wandering the streets.... Have you seen the Shepard ???? I will look tommorow to see where he lives....
I really hope the owner found out about this thread and took the dog inside. I hope.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

178 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Officer hit with frying pan 5 min Democretins Ruin CNY 22
Mega fabulous is a phony trouble maker 6 min johnny 7
New York Strip Steak 13 min Gaggy 8
Uticans And Black Jealousy 15 min Shipmans Riggies 41
Why cant Frank Meola keep his needledick in his... 15 min Democretins Ruin CNY 4
Cow Banging 18 min Gaggy 7
Bill Kardas 24 min joe 1
The Brindisi's make a threat 29 min Democretins Ruin CNY 75
Radisson's Easter Dinner 51 min easter 30
Lieutenant Hauck and Louis T. Disagree 2 hr Bobby Oliveira 28
Official: Goodbye Comets 7 hr Utica Gags On Riggies 160
He cheated twice 8 hr Judge Judy 62
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs