Sara

Rome, NY

#21 Dec 2, 2013
Buying a used vehicle is out of the question for me! I don't want someone else junk....when I lease I drive it like I stole it and give it back! Sign and drive with low paymts and turn it in ....can't beat it!
not really

Syracuse, NY

#22 Dec 3, 2013
Sara wrote:
<quoted text>its a lose lose situation whether u lease or buy...A car paymt is like a house paymt...but without the worries of repairs...
You haven't done your homework, obviously.

A car lease payment is nothing like a house payment.

After 24-36-48 months of rental payments to Carbone, you are left with sweet bupkis. Then they try to persuade you to roll over your lease into a new car lease, saying anything to get you to sign again.

In your house payment example, after 3 years of payments you are closer to having a burn the mortgage party (ownership).

The really smart move is to buy a low mileage pre-owned car (or a lease retread) and make it your own with cash. Nothing over 50K and no older than 4 model years from date of purchase. Make it last 10 years, so your purchase works for you after years 5 & 6.

That's how to maximize in the land of autos. Worst investment in the world.
arabeastiality with goats

Utica, NY

#23 Dec 3, 2013
hiring a lawyer is worse, especially a muslum one
clark howard says

Syracuse, NY

#24 Dec 3, 2013
Sara wrote:
Buying a used vehicle is out of the question for me! I don't want someone else junk....when I lease I drive it like I stole it and give it back! Sign and drive with low paymts and turn it in ....can't beat it!
Why you don't want to lease a car
BY: CLARK HOWARD
Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013

Leasing is all the rage in the auto industry again, but does it make sense for you to get into a car this way?

Leasing is now the No. 1 strategy of automakers and car dealers to reverse the trend that we're keeping our cars much longer. The average age of a car out on the road is now the longest it's ever been.

200,000 miles is the new 100,000 miles, as more people start to see their cars as being 'babies' once they hit 100,000 miles and keep them on the road.

With increases in car reliability, it's entirely possible that you might keep a car 10 years without breaking a sweat. That's not good for automakers and dealers. So you'll be seeing a strong effort to lease 1 in 3 of every new cars that gets sold.

For the most part, leasing is a disaster for you. Edmunds.com has new numbers to give you a sense of just how much of a disaster it can be. Basing their calculations on a car that sells in the mid $20,000 range, they've estimated leasing will cost you $6,000 more than buying the car new. That loss goes up to over $10,000 vs. buying a 'gently used version' of that same car a couple of model years old.

When you get on that lease treadmill every 2-4 years, each time you're taking on another financial obligation. And guess what? You have nothing to show for it at the end of your lease! Each time you sign a lease, take on 100% of the loss-in-value of the vehicle for the period of time that you drive it.
carbone leasing traps

Syracuse, NY

#25 Dec 3, 2013
Leasing with Carbone Auto Group is a bad move and here is why:

--It's harder to compare prices on a lease, and the financing costs built into a lease are very high.

--Leasing may seem cheaper than buying, but you're 'mortgaging your future' when you lease. After a few years of leasing a vehicle and making payments, you own nothing.(hence the requirement for great credit....suckers!)

--Manufacturers and dealers like Carbone use upfront fees to create seemingly 'ultra-low' monthly payments that mask the actual cost of a lease.

--Most leases allow you to drive an average of 15,000 miles per year. If you exceed the limit, you have to pay a penalty of 8 to 15 cents per mile.

--Before you turn in a leased car, have it detailed inside and out and make any needed repairs. Then find out what company is officially responsible for determining that the car is in acceptable condition.

--4 or 5 year leases are recipes for disaster. Many customers end up married to a vehicle they hate or end up paying severe early termination penalties.

--If you lease and your car is totaled in an accident, you are be responsible for a giant GAP between the amount the insurance company will pay for the wreck and the stated residual value in the lease.
Not True

Utica, NY

#26 Dec 3, 2013
Sara wrote:
Was the car you turned in after two years junk?...think about it. You are using just the kind of thinking that these slum dealers rely on. I haven't had a car payment in almost 30 years. I buy used and pay cash for it and I'm done...keep it as long as I want and save for the next purchase. The person who said you lose $2000 when you drive off the lot is right but that is if you buy new. Ask any car salesman...they make more money commission on used car sales than new....I always buy private and save on sales tax. You keep leasing and I'll keep buying your "junk" used vehicle. I've got more important things to spend my hard earned money on.
Wendell

San Jose, CA

#27 Dec 3, 2013
Carbone is the worst car dealer in Central NY. How they stay in business is beyond me. Do you have to be an ex-felon to work there?
you said it

Syracuse, NY

#28 Dec 3, 2013
Not True wrote:
<quoted text>
Was the car you turned in after two years junk?...think about it. You are using just the kind of thinking that these slum dealers rely on. I haven't had a car payment in almost 30 years. I buy used and pay cash for it and I'm done...keep it as long as I want and save for the next purchase. The person who said you lose $2000 when you drive off the lot is right but that is if you buy new. Ask any car salesman...they make more money commission on used car sales than new....I always buy private and save on sales tax. You keep leasing and I'll keep buying your "junk" used vehicle. I've got more important things to spend my hard earned money on.
Private party cash purchase of a good used car every decade is the way to go. Been doing this all my life. Family members don't get it, but I sure do. I'd rather keep my money then pay it to a bank or dealer financing group just to have a new car.

When I need to impress or test drive something, I'll rent from Enterprise for a weekend on a deal. Get the bug out of my system, and don't look back. Keeping up with the Jones' is outmoded thinking.
Right On

Utica, NY

#29 Dec 3, 2013
You think the way I do...screw paying all that "up front" money...proof of the pudding is to watch those FX Capraro infomercials and see how much less than retail those low mileage almost new cars and trucks sell for...if you insist on "new" that's the wAy to go...
Ford Guy

Whitesboro, NY

#30 Dec 3, 2013
Just do yourself a favor, and go out of Utica/Rome for a car.
Go to Nye instead. Your butt wont hurt when you leave there.
sara

Schenectady, NY

#31 Dec 3, 2013
Leasing= worry free transportation....n drivin a new vehicle always! Just sayin...don't care about the cost!
Not so

Utica, NY

#32 Dec 3, 2013
sara wrote:
Leasing= worry free transportation....n drivin a new vehicle always! Just sayin...don't care about the cost!
Whenever people say "it's not about the money"... It's always "about the money"...stop throwing it away!
tubby labelly

Utica, NY

#33 Dec 3, 2013
its not about the money, im here to impress
Pollution

Redwood City, CA

#37 Dec 3, 2013
Hire more blacks, they can't fit a car into their socks or pants.
CrackHead

Utica, NY

#38 Dec 3, 2013
You guys are terrible.What if Carbone is reading this???
sad

Plover, WI

#39 Dec 3, 2013
carbone leasing traps wrote:
Leasing with Carbone Auto Group is a bad move and here is why:
--It's harder to compare prices on a lease, and the financing costs built into a lease are very high.
--Leasing may seem cheaper than buying, but you're 'mortgaging your future' when you lease. After a few years of leasing a vehicle and making payments, you own nothing.(hence the requirement for great credit....suckers!)
--Manufacturers and dealers like Carbone use upfront fees to create seemingly 'ultra-low' monthly payments that mask the actual cost of a lease.
--Most leases allow you to drive an average of 15,000 miles per year. If you exceed the limit, you have to pay a penalty of 8 to 15 cents per mile.
--Before you turn in a leased car, have it detailed inside and out and make any needed repairs. Then find out what company is officially responsible for determining that the car is in acceptable condition.
--4 or 5 year leases are recipes for disaster. Many customers end up married to a vehicle they hate or end up paying severe early termination penalties.
--If you lease and your car is totaled in an accident, you are be responsible for a giant GAP between the amount the insurance company will pay for the wreck and the stated residual value in the lease.
Too bad your family can't afford pleasures in life, being min wage lifers. Thousands of people have money to spend with real jobs and mostly people who have a business, hurry, walmart is having a sale, run so your family doesn't miss it. lol

P.S. Your BS about insurance is a lie, like your family doesn't live on min wage, the policy is made for a lease to cover this. If it's the other driver then their insurance must cover the cost. Remember the walmert sale.

Duh

Utica, NY

#40 Dec 3, 2013
CrackHead wrote:
You guys are terrible.What if Carbone is reading this???
Isn't that the whole point of this thread?
ur a tool

Syracuse, NY

#41 Dec 3, 2013
sad wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad your family can't afford pleasures in life, being min wage lifers. Thousands of people have money to spend with real jobs and mostly people who have a business, hurry, walmart is having a sale, run so your family doesn't miss it. lol
P.S. Your BS about insurance is a lie, like your family doesn't live on min wage, the policy is made for a lease to cover this. If it's the other driver then their insurance must cover the cost. Remember the walmert sale.
I think you are the sad sack. Leasing a car from Carbone is NOT a pleasurable life experience. BTW, are you still slaving away for that no-good trucking firm H. O. Wolding in Stevens Point, WI?

Why can't you find some better outfit to work for? Do you have the aptitude or are you just too lazy to see how they really screw you? Wait, don't reply. It's time for you to go deliver another load of paper to Appleton! Get out of the bunkhouse and get moving!!!
sad

Smarr, GA

#42 Dec 3, 2013
ur a tool wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are the sad sack. Leasing a car from Carbone is NOT a pleasurable life experience. BTW, are you still slaving away for that no-good trucking firm H. O. Wolding in Stevens Point, WI?
Why can't you find some better outfit to work for? Do you have the aptitude or are you just too lazy to see how they really screw you? Wait, don't reply. It's time for you to go deliver another load of paper to Appleton! Get out of the bunkhouse and get moving!!!
ROLOL

You're such a loser you don't even know anything about that welfare PC you stole.
Sad your inbreed brain lacks any technical skills.
Work 20 jobs, maybe then you won't cry about the money LOSER.
Walmart needs toilet cleaners. That's hi tech for you.

Maybe you won't have to stick bubble gum on your tire when you get a flat because you can't afford to have the dealer repair it.

ROLOL FAILURE
sad

Kernville, CA

#43 Dec 3, 2013
ur a tool wrote:
<quoted text>
ROLOL

You're such a loser you don't even know anything about that welfare PC you stole.
Sad your inbreed brain lacks any technical skills.
Work 20 jobs, maybe then you won't cry about the money LOSER.
Walmart needs toilet cleaners. That's hi tech for you.

Maybe you won't have to stick bubble gum on your tire when you get a flat because you can't afford to have the dealer repair it.

ROLOL FAILURE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AHL Expanding West 16 min Waaaaaa 66
The Obamas Have Spent Over $44 million In Taxpa... 25 min Sayonara 10
The Sentence Of Brindisi 37 min Stupid OOOOOoooot... 7
Robert T Oliveira convicted of Domestic Violence 38 min Robert Oliveira 14
who WANTS STDS FUNGUS RASH FROM DAVE SMITHS MOT... 39 min Poverty Central 29
Sasquatch Spotted In New Hartford (Nov '13) 39 min Wrong 14
Qualified Nano Workers 40 min Poverty Central 1
Jill WKTV 57 min Just saying 59
Matt Sullivan out of GAIF 1 hr Scam A Rama 10
East Utica in the 70's and 80's/ what do you re... (Jan '10) 10 hr james 384