Comments
1 - 20 of 50 Comments Last updated Dec 5, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Black and Blue Friday

Rome, NY

#1 Dec 1, 2013
I have to laugh when Carbone advertises a black Friday sale where all the GM cars will e clearly marked with the lowest prices of the year. Then you drive by to loom and on the card hanging in the window of the vehicles it says things like MSRP 42,300. black Friday sale price 41,600.

Do people still operate under the assumption that the MSRP of those cars is the real price? There are dealers selling that same vehicle every single day for their daily price of More than $3,000 off MSRP and Carbone post their sale price of $700 off.

Hopefully nobody got suckered into thinking that was the deal of a lifetime on Friday!
if it says

Little Falls, NY

#2 Dec 1, 2013
carbone run, run for the effing hills and don't look back
Joe Schmoe

Utica, NY

#3 Dec 1, 2013
if it says wrote:
carbone run, run for the effing hills and don't look back
Wise words
EdW

Torrance, CA

#4 Dec 2, 2013
Without a doubt, the worst, slimiest car dealer in Utica.
Mr Poopy Drawers

Utica, NY

#5 Dec 2, 2013
You haven't been boned until you've been boned by Carbone!
better options

Utica, NY

#6 Dec 2, 2013
Until the masses of people in this area start to buy the majority of vehicles from dealerships outside of "Commercial Drive", dealers like Carbone will continue to sell vehicles at several percent higher prices than other dealers. When you go only as far as Oneonta, Syracuse, and Albany and can get sometimes a few thousand better price with very little trouble, it is foolish to buy it here.

I've tried to buy here but the last two times I had to go to Syracuse because for the same vehicle it was $4K less on one and $1,500 less on the other. Same exactly MSRP but here they wouldn't budge. So I went elsewhere!
wacked and jacked

Syracuse, NY

#7 Dec 2, 2013
better options wrote:
Until the masses of people in this area start to buy the majority of vehicles from dealerships outside of "Commercial Drive", dealers like Carbone will continue to sell vehicles at several percent higher prices than other dealers. When you go only as far as Oneonta, Syracuse, and Albany and can get sometimes a few thousand better price with very little trouble, it is foolish to buy it here.
I've tried to buy here but the last two times I had to go to Syracuse because for the same vehicle it was $4K less on one and $1,500 less on the other. Same exactly MSRP but here they wouldn't budge. So I went elsewhere!
im looking for a used suv, thanks for the advice!!!!
Never again

Utica, NY

#8 Dec 2, 2013
Got boned once I will never set foot in those slim balls dealerships again they got like 50 bbb complaints on file.
For sure

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 2, 2013
I was Car-Boned and I liked it...a bone you know and a bone you can trust!
carboners

Utica, NY

#10 Dec 2, 2013
i always thought that black friday at carbones was when all the carbone workers got paid and the black coke dealer came to drop everyones (lunch) off!!!
Rmember

Utica, NY

#11 Dec 2, 2013
Remember the commercial where Alex walked in from outside and handed his coat to a black co-worker like he was his personal valet?
Sara

Rome, NY

#12 Dec 2, 2013
I leased a vehicle thru carbone. I called all over to compare prices. Ithaca, cortland, Newburgh, etc....the only reason I went with carbone is be cuz they matched the lowest price. I still would never do business with them again! The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doin and if we talked to 5 diff people we'd get 5 different stories....oh but we're gonna take care of u....yea bull-shit! I've yet to see it! I like to keep my money local if I can but with a place like this u have to shop elsewhere. I've learned my lesson!
paw

Utica, NY

#13 Dec 2, 2013
Shortly after my dad had passed away, my Mom went to buy her first car without his assistance. She was so very proud of herself! Later, when she showed me the paperwork, I saw that Carbone gave her the lowest trade in price for her car and the highest sticker on the new one. In addition, they did not give her the $500.00 rebate. Did I tell her she had been "taken"? No, I did not want to break her heart. I will never forgive Carbone for taking advantage of her. NEVER....!!!!! Despicable business
your second mistake

Syracuse, NY

#14 Dec 2, 2013
Sara wrote:
I leased a vehicle thru carbone. I called all over to compare prices. Ithaca, cortland, Newburgh, etc....the only reason I went with carbone is be cuz they matched the lowest price. I still would never do business with them again! The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doin and if we talked to 5 diff people we'd get 5 different stories....oh but we're gonna take care of u....yea bull-shit! I've yet to see it! I like to keep my money local if I can but with a place like this u have to shop elsewhere. I've learned my lesson!
First mistake = signing a lease.(pure profit to the dealer, plus the resell your lease to somebody else, so they profit 3 times on 1 car: lease, sale, financing)

Second mistake = signing anything generated by the Carbone Auto Group.(does not matter whether it's a lease, a contract, a service bill, etc.)
Sara

Rome, NY

#15 Dec 2, 2013
your second mistake wrote:
<quoted text>
First mistake = signing a lease.(pure profit to the dealer, plus the resell your lease to somebody else, so they profit 3 times on 1 car: lease, sale, financing)
Second mistake = signing anything generated by the Carbone Auto Group.(does not matter whether it's a lease, a contract, a service bill, etc.)
ive always leased vehicles. It's what works best for me. Smaller pay,t, nothing down, walk away in 3 yrs or sooner. I just will never deal with carbone again! They suck!
Sara

Rome, NY

#16 Dec 2, 2013
paw wrote:
Shortly after my dad had passed away, my Mom went to buy her first car without his assistance. She was so very proud of herself! Later, when she showed me the paperwork, I saw that Carbone gave her the lowest trade in price for her car and the highest sticker on the new one. In addition, they did not give her the $500.00 rebate. Did I tell her she had been "taken"? No, I did not want to break her heart. I will never forgive Carbone for taking advantage of her. NEVER....!!!!! Despicable business
i honestly don't know how they can sleep at night by doing this to people! Sad!
hi sara

Little Falls, NY

#17 Dec 2, 2013
salesmen and lawyers belong at the bottom of the ocean... that's where they should sleep
Joe Schmoe

Utica, NY

#18 Dec 2, 2013
hi sara wrote:
salesmen and lawyers belong at the bottom of the ocean... that's where they should sleep
Agree!
And

Utica, NY

#19 Dec 2, 2013
Leasing is the biggest joke ever perpetuated on the American public...the only one that wins is the dealer all the way around...why do you think that's all they peddle in their commercials?...
Sara

Rome, NY

#20 Dec 2, 2013
And wrote:
Leasing is the biggest joke ever perpetuated on the American public...the only one that wins is the dealer all the way around...why do you think that's all they peddle in their commercials?...
its a lose lose situation whether u lease or buy...let's face it when u even buy a new vehicle u lose $2000 when u drive it off the lot! A car paymt is like a house paymt...but without the worries of repairs...but u do need stellar credit! So it's def not for everyone! Sorry! ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dierks Bentley at the Aud 4 min Utica CNY BigotTo... 39
WHY are NEGROES NOTHING BUT CRIMINALS THAT DRAI... 8 min rapbaby 1
shooting goo 12 min Utica CNY BigotTo... 3
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 13 min Utica CNY BigotTo... 54
Looking For Young Gay Males 14 min Utica CNY BigotTo... 41
tony stewart returns to racing circuit 42 min buttmuncher 6
Remsen Barnfest Pricing For Admission Released 1 hr matt dillon 3
utica national (Jun '13) 2 hr CEO 523
utica aud 4 hr Cliffys Pal 130
How is Scott Alger connected to Kim Simon's mur... (Jan '14) 13 hr GRAD -0 52