Judgement Free Zone
Discrimination

New Hartford, NY

#1 Nov 19, 2012
It dawned on me how the progressives feel they can sound the lunk alarm if "Ricky (A Man) grunts, drinks water from a gallon jug, and wears a tank top." Ricky is automatically considered a "Lunk" by default in supposedly what is called a "Judgement Free Zone"

Is it really a judgement free zone if by definition Ricky is considered a lunk?

This whole concept makes zero sense. The judgement free mindset is in fact judgmental itself when describing Ricky.

This is the problem with America today. We blindly accept this ideology while demonizing men for what is biologically instinctive behavior.

Yet, it's ok for a cheer leader to scream and shout...that would otherwise be acceptable? Or, should we sound the alarm for large and smelly women who can't bend over to tie their shoes? Would that satisfy the progressive movement.

Just a thought.
Just Wondering

Dover, DE

#2 Nov 19, 2012
Discrimination wrote:
It dawned on me how the progressives feel they can sound the lunk alarm if "Ricky (A Man) grunts, drinks water from a gallon jug, and wears a tank top." Ricky is automatically considered a "Lunk" by default in supposedly what is called a "Judgement Free Zone"
Is it really a judgement free zone if by definition Ricky is considered a lunk?
This whole concept makes zero sense. The judgement free mindset is in fact judgmental itself when describing Ricky.
This is the problem with America today. We blindly accept this ideology while demonizing men for what is biologically instinctive behavior.
Yet, it's ok for a cheer leader to scream and shout...that would otherwise be acceptable? Or, should we sound the alarm for large and smelly women who can't bend over to tie their shoes? Would that satisfy the progressive movement.
Just a thought.
it is discrimination. How about a "muscle" guy discriminating from overweight people from joining. That would be reverse discrimination. I don't like PF for that reason. They have no bench press or squat rack - which even Jack LaLanne considered the king and queen of upper and lower body weight training exercises.
right you are

Vernon Center, NY

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Feel the same way...wrote an email to PF corporate expressing my concerns, tastes and preferences about gyms...got a generic email back explaining to me that they will not cater to body builders. I'm not a body builder and I use excercise for stress management and a healthy lifestyle choice. Free weights, dumbells, and barbells are fundamental in most men's fitness goals. I see alot of angry young women at the gym, giving out dirty looks and talking about other members while they excercise...Isn't that judging? Wonder if corporate PF is catering to them?
Just Wondering

Dover, DE

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Right on, they are the ones discriminating by creating a stereotype of a person just because they train hard with free weights.
right you are

Vernon Center, NY

#5 Nov 19, 2012
They are the same females not cleaning equipment, throwing paper towels all over the place, yelling and behaving like spoiled new hartford/utica effing brats.
Curious

Utica, NY

#6 Nov 19, 2012
It's actual quite hypocritical that a corporate philosophy can claim to be judgement free while acting in a bias manner towards "Ricky" - representative of male body builders while casting judgement upon him and inferring that his described behavior makes him a "lunk."

Guaranteed if it was reverse towards women, they would be protesting these policies. When are the men going to unite against this sexist/judgmental policy?
truth

Utica, NY

#7 Nov 19, 2012
In NYC Planet Fitness is where all the wellies work out. Unfortunately there are no real gyms in the area. Instead we have 12 dollar a month Planet Fitness wellie gym that people think is a yuppy gym.
Way It Is

Utica, NY

#8 Nov 19, 2012
truth wrote:
In NYC Planet Fitness is where all the wellies work out. Unfortunately there are no real gyms in the area. Instead we have 12 dollar a month Planet Fitness wellie gym that people think is a yuppy gym.
Judgement Free Zone = We Make the Rules and Therefore You're A Lunk if We Say So and Our Opinion is Not Judgmental but rather the basis of fact despite our inability to prove it otherwise.
Mud Kip

Syracuse, NY

#9 Nov 19, 2012
PF is pretty gay but so is grunting like an ox and wearing a tiny little tank top. There are also plenty of bodybuilders there that can still shoot their juice and push a lot of weight. It is a private organization, they can do what they want, mostly.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

New Hartford, NY

#10 Nov 19, 2012
It's a fitness center, not a weight room losers!

I pick the weight up, I put the weight down.... DUHHHH!
Hello

Utica, NY

#11 Nov 19, 2012
right you are wrote:
Feel the same way...wrote an email to PF corporate expressing my concerns, tastes and preferences about gyms...got a generic email back explaining to me that they will not cater to body builders. I'm not a body builder and I use excercise for stress management and a healthy lifestyle choice. Free weights, dumbells, and barbells are fundamental in most men's fitness goals. I see alot of angry young women at the gym, giving out dirty looks and talking about other members while they excercise...Isn't that judging? Wonder if corporate PF is catering to them?
Everything you need is there for your above stated fitness goals. Quit complaining or just don't join. Real simple. So much entitlement out there, makes me sick
Ricky

Utica, NY

#12 Nov 20, 2012
Hello wrote:
<quoted text>Everything you need is there for your above stated fitness goals. Quit complaining or just don't join. Real simple. So much entitlement out there, makes me sick
The issue is the hypocrisy that exists in their mission statement. It's both sexist and judgmental.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Verizon strike 27 min teo 19
Mirror Mirror on the Wall 37 min Bart 1
NANO coming undone 47 min ok cretinsmith 6
David Gordon - The People's Advocate 1 hr Nicole 7
Tonys in New Hartford 2 hr use the technology 15
dave Hayes (Feb '09) 2 hr lotsa envy there 36
House of the Good Shepherd ED doesn't have a de... 2 hr gates 3
WKTV Weather 14 hr hmm 46
More from around the web

Personal Finance