delmonicos charges for everything

delmonicos charges for everything

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
patron

Utica, NY

#1 May 14, 2014
WTF with the charging of salad, replacement items, different dressings and so on and so forth. I bought a meal and thought the price was all included and it turned out it was just for the meat..WTF???

I will never go there again as there are plenty of better places. Meal was not that good either for what we paid.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#2 May 14, 2014
patron wrote:
WTF with the charging of salad, replacement items, different dressings and so on and so forth. I bought a meal and thought the price was all included and it turned out it was just for the meat..WTF???
I will never go there again as there are plenty of better places. Meal was not that good either for what we paid.
I never understood the saying "the meal was not good for what we paid" thing. Either it's good or it's not. So I guess if your meal was a dollar it would have been good food?
patron

Utica, NY

#3 May 14, 2014
The meal wasn't worth my time and money...Only takes one time for a bad experience. We had a large group too that won't be returning again. Being charged for every little thing was just dumb for a place obviously doing a good turn around for people. BUT....they did give free bread, or I thought they did..Don't remember if that was on the two foot long receipt.
jpz

Herkimer, NY

#4 May 14, 2014
i went there once and bit into a piece of glass in my food. they tried to say it was just a chunk of salt. definitely wont go back

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#5 May 14, 2014
patron wrote:
The meal wasn't worth my time and money...Only takes one time for a bad experience. We had a large group too that won't be returning again. Being charged for every little thing was just dumb for a place obviously doing a good turn around for people. BUT....they did give free bread, or I thought they did..Don't remember if that was on the two foot long receipt.
Fair enough. They seem to be doing quite well however and I've always enjoyed it there...except for the one time last year on Mother's Day when the kid at the table was licking his butter knife.
LOL

Utica, NY

#6 May 14, 2014
I know a lot of folks who won't go there due to the over charging and them not letting customers know its an additional fee. I know people who did not want the side pasta dish with their meal and was charged the meal price and charged for the replacement like a potato. Do they charge for taking out onions on salads too? Must be the extra work...
american

United States

#7 May 14, 2014
It's called al la carte. It doesn't seem like they are hurting for your business anyways. They are packed daily. Must be a good birthday spot. Always singing happy birthday.
LOL

Utica, NY

#9 May 14, 2014
they should be cut and dry with their fees regardless...pretty pathetic to charge for salad when you order a meal. Then charge extra for the meal and throw the salad in, but charge for it?
Penny Pincher

Whitesboro, NY

#10 May 14, 2014
patron wrote:
WTF with the charging of salad, replacement items, different dressings and so on and so forth. I bought a meal and thought the price was all included and it turned out it was just for the meat..WTF???
I will never go there again as there are plenty of better places. Meal was not that good either for what we paid.
Next time go to McD's ya stiff.
LOL

Utica, NY

#11 May 14, 2014
The food there sucked too in my opinion...trash and no flavor in their chicken. And how annoying is the bday singing???

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#12 May 14, 2014
LOL wrote:
they should be cut and dry with their fees regardless...pretty pathetic to charge for salad when you order a meal. Then charge extra for the meal and throw the salad in, but charge for it?
What's easier to understand than online menus and then printed menus when you get there? Do you need someone to read it for you?
jonesy

Frankfort, NY

#13 May 14, 2014
Did I read this right ? Delmonicos charges for everything ? Was someone surprised he was charged for food in a restaurant ? Did he expect free food ? Last I knew all the food, all the glasses all the silverware all the utilities all the workers had to be paid by the owner. I think the complaining party better take his county given food stamps and understand that if he goes to price chopper they wont give him a free salad either. Just seems free because your spending our money.
bob

Utica, NY

#14 May 14, 2014
I would never eat at a restaurant that charges for salads too....cheap bastards...place aint that great anyway....and its not a local place as the owner doesn't even live around here.

Utica Lies and Riggies

Since: May 14

Clifton Park, NY

#15 May 14, 2014
jonesy wrote:
Did I read this right ? Delmonicos charges for everything ? Was someone surprised he was charged for food in a restaurant ? Did he expect free food ? Last I knew all the food, all the glasses all the silverware all the utilities all the workers had to be paid by the owner. I think the complaining party better take his county given food stamps and understand that if he goes to price chopper they wont give him a free salad either. Just seems free because your spending our money.
You must remember these are people who still believe the "buy one get one free" sales pitch. Nothing is ever free.
Cluckkle

Whitesboro, NY

#16 May 14, 2014
LOL wrote:
The food there sucked too in my opinion...trash and no flavor in their chicken. And how annoying is the bday singing???
Everythings annoying garbage in your eyes cretin
never will go there

Utica, NY

#17 May 14, 2014
Any place DA Scott McNamara's goes to is a place not worthy of business. To us, he was criminally wrong ever to have gone out to dinner with Barnes and as I recall it was this place! I think this place is not a reputable place to patron!

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18 May 14, 2014
bob wrote:
I would never eat at a restaurant that charges for salads too....cheap bastards...place aint that great anyway....and its not a local place as the owner doesn't even live around here.
I'm pretty sure the owner, John Wade, lives in Utica. Isn't that "around here".
Jim

Lake Worth, FL

#19 May 14, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
<quoted text>
I never understood the saying "the meal was not good for what we paid" thing. Either it's good or it's not. So I guess if your meal was a dollar it would have been good food?
Profoundly Dumb
Jim

Lake Worth, FL

#20 May 14, 2014
never will go there wrote:
Any place DA Scott McNamara's goes to is a place not worthy of business. To us, he was criminally wrong ever to have gone out to dinner with Barnes and as I recall it was this place! I think this place is not a reputable place to patron!
Very innane and insane
jackspratt

Utica, NY

#21 May 14, 2014
Utica Lies and Riggies wrote:
FYI. Here's a link to their menus so the uticans can do their research in advance. They seem fairly simple to read as far as pricing and what you get. This should help you make better culinary decisions moving forward.
http://www.delmonicositaliansteakhouse.com/me...
The prices from the beginning to the end are OUTRAGEOUS. I would never go to such an obvious jip joint. Thanks for the forewarning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy Utica Thanksgiving 2 min Roy Moore Pedo 2
Route 5 Relics/Re-Utilize CNY 2 min Mike 22
I Destroyed Sports at New Hartford. (Jun '14) 3 min oxford rd 69
Fox News Anchors 6 min Charly 10
Utica Area Business Venture Failures for 2017 24 min Rj nation contrac... 13
John bryant 1 hr Cindy 2
new downtown hospital 370 beds are you kidding me? 2 hr let it snow 95
Adult world 3 hr Missy 19
Twin Ponds shoot em up 6 hr Tito 45

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages