Brindisi Opposes The Governor
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just me

Utica, NY

#23 Jan 17, 2013
How many children have abortionists killed, whom never even got see the world. You leftist bass turds need to get off your high horses, murdering s.o.b.s.
ian u idiot

Utica, NY

#25 Jan 17, 2013
It won't be defeated as there is no right to bear assault weapons!!
Uncaring Bastards

Utica, NY

#27 Jan 17, 2013
Funny, you people have no compassion or sorrow for those 20, 7 years olds. What if it was Harts Hill School, Jefferson School or Clinton Elementary? What if they were your sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, neighbors kids, granddaughters, grandsons, coworkers kids? Would you care then?
Kiss My Azz

Utica, NY

#28 Jan 18, 2013
Uncaring Bastards wrote:
Funny, you people have no compassion or sorrow for those 20, 7 years olds. What if it was Harts Hill School, Jefferson School or Clinton Elementary? What if they were your sons, daughters, nieces, nephews, neighbors kids, granddaughters, grandsons, coworkers kids? Would you care then?
Wrong! Plenty of compassion. The true root of the situation was a culmination of the shooter, the shooter's family, mental health professionals and the school.

1. The shooter. This guy had Asperger syndrome, a mental condition which has the ability to manifest into schizophrenia.

2. The shooter's family who chose to mainstream this kid into society like he was normal.

3. The mental health professionals who backed the family in its decision to keep this kid "mainstreamed".

4. The school who did everything to make the school safe and secure except they didn't replace the front door glass with bullet proof or unbreakable glass...good grief..even the see through Pope mobile has bullet proof glass.

I only hope that our local schools and parent-teacher groups take a really good look at their own schools and make changes where necessary.
Ann

AOL

#29 Jan 18, 2013
How can Brindisi be against gun control?He has young children.He lost me as a supporter.

Level 1

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#30 Jan 18, 2013
Ann wrote:
How can Brindisi be against gun control?He has young children.He lost me as a supporter.
You probably don't even vot but will deny that. I'm so sure he'll miss your one vote worth of support.
Kiss My Azz

Utica, NY

#31 Jan 18, 2013
Ann wrote:
How can Brindisi be against gun control?He has young children.He lost me as a supporter.
He took an oath to protect the constitution dumb azz!
Politics

Utica, NY

#32 Jan 19, 2013
It's all politics. If you think Brindisi (or any others) decision was based on principles, you'd be wrong. He is doubling down on the Arcuri strategy (look where it got Arcuri).
He wants to be seen as a "centrist" in hopes of running for Congress. He's voting with the Tea Party and hoping to get the GOP crossover vote. Either he's miscalculated the very real possibility of a strong primary from the progressive side, or he thinks he can discourage it. Like the GOP and Tea Party, they are scared more of primaries. Brindisi just slapped his base in the face again. He's saying "I don't care what you feel like."
It's risky. The Washington Post national poll showed 55% of Americans agree with New York's new law. Even higher approval rating for some sort of gun control reform - 67%. Even the majority of NRA members agree with universal background checks and the banning of military style assault rifles.
So, although the vocal ones make it seem this is very unpopular, it's simply not true. Just like when the GOP thought the polls were fake and they actually had a chance to win the presidency.
Brindisi has now voted against raising minimum wage and against gun control. I wonder how that plays in a Democratic primary?
Kiss My Azz

Utica, NY

#33 Jan 19, 2013
Politics wrote:
It's all politics. If you think Brindisi (or any others) decision was based on principles, you'd be wrong. He is doubling down on the Arcuri strategy (look where it got Arcuri).
He wants to be seen as a "centrist" in hopes of running for Congress. He's voting with the Tea Party and hoping to get the GOP crossover vote. Either he's miscalculated the very real possibility of a strong primary from the progressive side, or he thinks he can discourage it. Like the GOP and Tea Party, they are scared more of primaries. Brindisi just slapped his base in the face again. He's saying "I don't care what you feel like."
It's risky. The Washington Post national poll showed 55% of Americans agree with New York's new law. Even higher approval rating for some sort of gun control reform - 67%. Even the majority of NRA members agree with universal background checks and the banning of military style assault rifles.
So, although the vocal ones make it seem this is very unpopular, it's simply not true. Just like when the GOP thought the polls were fake and they actually had a chance to win the presidency.
Brindisi has now voted against raising minimum wage and against gun control. I wonder how that plays in a Democratic primary?
I'm laughing....the Washington Post! lol! lol! Now there's a credible newspaper. lol! lol!
U R a fool

Utica, NY

#34 Jan 19, 2013
Kiss My Azz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! Plenty of compassion. The true root of the situation was a culmination of the shooter, the shooter's family, mental health professionals and the school.
1. The shooter. This guy had Asperger syndrome, a mental condition which has the ability to manifest into schizophrenia.
2. The shooter's family who chose to mainstream this kid into society like he was normal.
3. The mental health professionals who backed the family in its decision to keep this kid "mainstreamed".
4. The school who did everything to make the school safe and secure except they didn't replace the front door glass with bullet proof or unbreakable glass...good grief..even the see through Pope mobile has bullet proof glass.
I only hope that our local schools and parent-teacher groups take a really good look at their own schools and make changes where necessary.
You're a fool and just plain clueless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A third term for Obama 1 min get real 30
News Local radio personality leaves K-Rock 3 hr 1984 13
Don Trump is another Ed Hanna 3 hr Taking Account 31
why are police shooting people 19 hr chips2 2
Instead of Lions 22 hr Unticannoli 6
Any recommendations for a travel agency? 22 hr Traveler 1
St Patricks School (Dec '09) Fri JMS 69
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages