Does anyone remember Fitz on James st...

Does anyone remember Fitz on James st The loin Den in the late 70s

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Bob

Tully, NY

#1 Feb 5, 2009
Can we name the pizza join owned by chick leo
bibo

New York, NY

#2 Feb 5, 2009
leo;s
bibo

New York, NY

#3 Feb 5, 2009
jimmy fitz owned it for years good man good food
i love pizza but

Tully, NY

#4 Feb 11, 2009
i remember him .i used to work there good man good place back in the day.
Bob1897

Tully, NY

#5 Feb 11, 2009
i love pizza but wrote:
i remember him .i used to work there good man good place back in the day.
How about drug store on dudley ave and the name of the shoe repair man
i love pizza but

Tully, NY

#6 Feb 11, 2009
i dont remember the shoe repair guy but the guy that had the drugstore was larry luizzi and mr.cohen had the jewelry store
Bob1897

Tully, NY

#7 Feb 11, 2009
i love pizza but wrote:
i dont remember the shoe repair guy but the guy that had the drugstore was larry luizzi and mr.cohen had the jewelry store
the fur store was dannela right,how about the bakery had the best pie at that time
Concerned Senior Citizen

New Hartford, NY

#8 Feb 11, 2009
On Dudley and James there was a small candy store before it was Fitz's and across the street was Luigis Drug Store. Over on James and Seymour, you had Zalatans grocery store followed by Angelo's Bakery and then Emery's Drug Store. Across the Street was Leo's Pizzaria and also there a Butcher store by the name of Pollicove's
FYI

Rome, NY

#9 Feb 12, 2009
The shoe repair was Kinney's. Mr Kinney ran it until a few years ago. Across the street was Murad's now it is a Cambodian store.
curious

Long Eddy, NY

#10 Feb 12, 2009
ahhhh James St was the best....how about Citty's, Toukatleys, Ajaeb's & here's an old one Tommy Burnet's grocery on Steuben and James...also Dan-Cam Athletic club, Rosenthal's Deli, Walts grill
Concerned Senior Citizen

New Hartford, NY

#11 Feb 12, 2009
Don't forget Tony's Spagetti House and Rosarios Pizzaria, Murads.
Guitar Guy

New York, NY

#12 Feb 12, 2009
I loved going to City's. The breakfast was great. I would kill for one of their burgers. My brother and I practically lived there. Always got a shake with our burgers, got a new pea shooter, and out the door we went. Back in the day, James Street was awesome. From Burnett's to City's to Zalatans, to the Salumeria, down to Murad's across from Blessed Sacrament.(At least I think that was the name of it) The candy & baked goods were to die for. Also the shop owners all knew our families and we got treated like gold. Man, those were the days for sure. Thinking about it makes me smile, and I get that warm fuzzy feeling. Fitz's was good too. I went to school at Roosevelt, and if I didn't go to the Salumeria for lunch, I went to Fitz's for their fries. It sucks that there isn't anywhere like old James Street.
Concerned Senior Citizen

Utica, NY

#13 Feb 12, 2009
I remember going to Roosevelt and stopping at Harolds ( which later became Fitzes) to get candy. Then off to Roosevelt and eat a home made lunch by Miss McGreger who used to cook in the cafiteria. Always liked Fridays. as she made an awsome Macorni and Cheese with Tomato in it
Guitar Guy

New York, NY

#14 Feb 12, 2009
Concerned Senior Citizen wrote:
I remember going to Roosevelt and stopping at Harolds ( which later became Fitzes) to get candy. Then off to Roosevelt and eat a home made lunch by Miss McGreger who used to cook in the cafiteria. Always liked Fridays. as she made an awsome Macorni and Cheese with Tomato in it
Now that's cool. I remember the cateteria was pretty good.
cornhillbilly

Warren, NJ

#15 Feb 12, 2009
Do you remember Roger s bike shop - 1200 block of ? Taylor ?
frank

AOL

#16 Feb 12, 2009
Lets face it Cornhill is no more.Drugs abound.Thieves and hoodlums are everywhere.Some of the businesses that were mentioned were not all good.They took advantage of the neighborhood,Glad they are gone too.They carried on questionable activities.
James st

Syracuse, NY

#17 Feb 12, 2009
Concerned Senior Citizen wrote:
On Dudley and James there was a small candy store before it was Fitz's and across the street was Luigis Drug Store. Over on James and Seymour, you had Zalatans grocery store followed by Angelo's Bakery and then Emery's Drug Store. Across the Street was Leo's Pizzaria and also there a Butcher store by the name of Pollicove's
the candy store was Howard's
Guitar Guy

New York, NY

#18 Feb 12, 2009
cornhillbilly wrote:
Do you remember Roger s bike shop - 1200 block of ? Taylor ?
Oh yea, I remember the place. Got the "latest & greatest" breaks from there why back when. Like it ever made a difference lol!!!!
i love pizza but

Tully, NY

#19 Feb 12, 2009
going back 20 or more years ago james st. was an area where people cared about people. now you cant even drive down there without locking your doors and windows up.. what a shame. i was a kid when i worked at fitzs.ive met some of the best people ive ever met or will meet in cornhill.what a shame.does anyone remember corky?
Bob1897

Tully, NY

#20 Feb 12, 2009
i love pizza but wrote:
going back 20 or more years ago james st. was an area where people cared about people. now you cant even drive down there without locking your doors and windows up.. what a shame. i was a kid when i worked at fitzs.ive met some of the best people ive ever met or will meet in cornhill.what a shame.does anyone remember corky?
Do you remember the syore that sold model rockets on dudley ave

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happens to the OLD Utica hospitals? 3 min Dr Kildare 5
The MOTHER brags"I TOLD YOU THATS WHAT IT WAS" 5 min Diana Vickery 1
Claudia Tenney BLASTS scam Dem/RINO hospital plan! 11 min basic business 50
New Hartford Central School District finances 11 min Who Are They 31
Utica OD Raised Price 13 min aurelio bianco 7
Does bill Keeler pay property tax in Utica or ... 35 min SOI 12
oscugnizzo (Feb '09) 47 min Stop whining 19
Alex Carbone dating Savannah Lei 58 min Pants on fire 12
nole must go 3 hr Brian 25

Utica Jobs