Posted in the Utica Forum

Anonymous

Stony Brook, NY

#2 Jan 14, 2014
pft
Curious

Oneonta, NY

#3 Jan 14, 2014
Question from a woman.... What is it that upset you here? Is it that she is sharing with you how well her life is at the present or do you feel she was trying to strike up some sort of a relationship with you? Or are you upset because your life has presented challenges for you recently and you felt it was inappropriate for her to boast about her life right now? Where exactly do you lose respect for this old acquaintance? Please enlighten me.
Anon Ymous

Utica, NY

#4 Jan 14, 2014
You are aware that Fb isn't a dating site? Sometimes people just want to reconnect, brag, all that nonsense. Don't be so harsh.
Unreal

Brattleboro, VT

#5 Jan 15, 2014
Curious wrote:
Question from a woman.... What is it that upset you here? Is it that she is sharing with you how well her life is at the present or do you feel she was trying to strike up some sort of a relationship with you? Or are you upset because your life has presented challenges for you recently and you felt it was inappropriate for her to boast about her life right now? Where exactly do you lose respect for this old acquaintance? Please enlighten me.
do you think her husband would have appreciated his wife personally inbox someone on facebook whom she had a sexual relationship a while back ? Affairs can start off with a simple hello meaning to be innocent . Yes it would rub me wrong because of my ex wife .
CURIOUS

Oneonta, NY

#6 Jan 15, 2014
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text> do you think her husband would have appreciated his wife personally inbox someone on facebook whom she had a sexual relationship a while back ? Affairs can start off with a simple hello meaning to be innocent . Yes it would rub me wrong because of my ex wife .
Okay... Now I get it... if you two had an intimate relationship a while back then yes, she is out of line and has no business contacting you now. My advice to you, ignore her and feel free to lose respect for her but it is not fair of you loop all women together. I would never do something like that esp if I was a married woman.
Unreal

Brattleboro, VT

#7 Jan 15, 2014
CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay... Now I get it... if you two had an intimate relationship a while back then yes, she is out of line and has no business contacting you now. My advice to you, ignore her and feel free to lose respect for her but it is not fair of you loop all women together. I would never do something like that esp if I was a married woman.
yes I ignored her . Keep the attitude you have . It will save you a life of future regrets.
CURIOUS

Oneonta, NY

#8 Jan 15, 2014
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text> yes I ignored her . Keep the attitude you have . It will save you a life of future regrets.
Thanks.. I hope to.. Made it to 45 and have never been married. I am scared to death of getting married because of the statistic rate on married in this country so I probably never will get married. I have a great guy in my life now but he has been married twice and I doubt he would want to get married a third time so I speak zero of marriage... Not that if he cheated on me it wouldn't hurt but I think it would hurt much less if he was just my boyfriend as opposed to my husband. I am very sorry for what you went through. You will recover and learn to trust again I hope..
jonny

Utica, NY

#9 Jan 15, 2014
grow up
CURIOUS

Oneonta, NY

#10 Jan 15, 2014
jonny wrote:
grow up
That's real mature.
MarriedMen

Newport, NY

#11 Jan 15, 2014
Unreal wrote:
I'm a attractive man in my forties . I am divorced . The process was painful to say the least . I went on facebook after much encouragement needed . A week went by a woman sent me a message . She wanted to tell me she has a kid and a husband . She is also a professional . I don't mean to sound harsh I didn't care in the least . I haven't had contact forever and a day with her . I have to say I felt sorry for her husband . I wanted to respond ok now go attend to your kid . Do I sound harsh ? No offense but here's an example of why we loose respect . It wasn't sexual but she really had no business with a husband at home . My wife cheated so this kinda struck me wrong
You obviously "friended" her so what's the problem since the message was harmless? She's told you she's a married professional with a child.......where's the deceit? Where's the proposition? Get over yourself - she isn't after your @ss! She's telling you she's NOT AVAILABLE "AND" then she went home and took care of her child like the woman does EVERYDAY! It appears your ex made you "loose respect". Don't project it on every woman.
Unreal

Brattleboro, VT

#12 Jan 15, 2014
MarriedMen wrote:
<quoted text>You obviously "friended" her so what's the problem since the message was harmless? She's told you she's a married professional with a child.......where's the deceit? Where's the proposition? Get over yourself - she isn't after your @ss! She's telling you she's NOT AVAILABLE "AND" then she went home and took care of her child like the woman does EVERYDAY! It appears your ex made you "loose respect". Don't project it on every woman.
no we weren't friends on facebook she just sent a message . Ok your right I will not project
Blondie

New Hartford, NY

#13 Jan 15, 2014
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text> no we weren't friends on facebook she just sent a message . Ok your right I will not project
Hate to say this, but you are right :( The minute I changed my status to SINGLE on FB men were emailing and poking me like crazy. People DO use FB as a dating and hookup site. My ex is on there picking up girls left and right, just booking up for sex only. He is married now and has a girlfriend to boot. People need to wake up.... This unfortunately is reality

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitutes on the corner of West and South str... (May '13) 9 min Hooking up 24
Connie degennaro 16 min watch out 1
kait hullenbek 1 hr Nasty white girl 2
******* Use of lethal force in your home *****... 1 hr law 1
Another local Catholic priest on leave over sex... 1 hr Damien 27
Moving To OCJ KNUCS RELOCATION SEX OFFENDER 1 hr twenty seven 7
Donovan Middle School 1 hr Hot for teacher 3
Name all the Pension padder, county fraud workers 9 hr Duuuuh 49
Fitness Mill Fri LOL 22

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages