The Genesee Street Boulevard Idea App...

The Genesee Street Boulevard Idea Appears Dead and That's a Real Shame [VIDEO, OPINION]

There are 7 comments on the Lite 98.7 story from Apr 30, 2014, titled The Genesee Street Boulevard Idea Appears Dead and That's a Real Shame [VIDEO, OPINION]. In it, Lite 98.7 reports that:

I was disheartened by an article in the Utica Observer-Dispatch recently talking about how a planned boulevard in downtown Utica which would have cut the street from four lanes to two is likely not going to happen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lite 98.7.

NoBull

United States

#1 Apr 30, 2014
Those guys in DC are not dumb. They saw right through the plan to disguise sewer upgrades that should have begun decades ago as a downtown revitalization project. The only one with any brains was Goran Smijik. He had the sense to abandon the charade.
Halfmoons and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#2 May 1, 2014
NoBull wrote:
Those guys in DC are not dumb. They saw right through the plan to disguise sewer upgrades that should have begun decades ago as a downtown revitalization project. The only one with any brains was Goran Smijik. He had the sense to abandon the charade.
Exactly.
Read

Rome, NY

#3 May 2, 2014
I don't think it was a secret that the two projects were linked together. I'm not sorry they scrapped the idea tho. Didn't like it to begin with
Leaches

United States

#4 May 2, 2014
Yeah, which " genious " decided to do that?
Matt Demar the sequel

United States

#5 May 2, 2014
Who can forget the breathless noise from the OD and WKTV? Oh! The "jobs"! Oh! The "Economic development"!
Leaches

United States

#6 May 2, 2014
Leaches wrote:
Yeah, which " genious " decided to do that?
Oh it was news alright. but as usual they totally missed the story. Too afraid to piss off the mayor and be closed out to all the "exclusive" stories he spoon feeds them. Oye Vey.
No Nightlife and Riggies

Clifton Park, NY

#7 May 3, 2014
Read wrote:
I don't think it was a secret that the two projects were linked together. I'm not sorry they scrapped the idea tho. Didn't like it to begin with
No it definitely wasn't a secret but it's a sad state when the city has to try and bury and project in a federal grant pretty much any other city would be financially capable of doing themselves.

At least utica has 60k fireman and 85k police!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
attn OH NO !!!!! THE SEMICONDUCTOR TRADES THE M... 15 min King TAZZ MVCC Dr... 2
attn 75 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRIES... 50 min carry 31
pacenti and Cuomo united (Mar '14) 50 min Ponder 110
Democrat Leadership Cause of Utica Poverty 51 min Wonder 44
Sad Marriages 54 min Cheater 17
How Many SPACE SHUTTLES DID AFRICA MAKE (Mar '16) 1 hr semi trade 106
edge: where is that chip plant? (Oct '12) 1 hr Dave 213
Cuomo: Expect Nano Delays 1 hr Ouestions 22
Nano Uodate 1 hr Hmmm 108
Jolene Ferris 1 hr ESL 6
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 9 hr Will 455

Utica Jobs

More from around the web