Utica Court Judges - disrespectful, r...

Utica Court Judges - disrespectful, rat-faced human beings

Posted in the Utica Forum

Decent Guy

New Hartford, NY

#1 May 29, 2014
I received a parking ticket (allegedly) for parking on the lawn (went shopping, had the baby with me, parked in front of the door). I did not park between the road and the sidewalk. I parked between the house and the sidewalk.

However, I didn't know about the ticket until a week later, when the City of Utica sent me a letter saying I hadn't paid the ticket within the 48-hour period and that the $50 fine was now quadrupled. I received the ticket at 8:45 AM... really?

Here's the kicker:

The ticket was never on my car. I had no idea I had been given one. I called the City Court, claiming I'd pay the original $50, but I couldn't reasonably submit to paying the $200 since I never received the ticket on my windshield and didn't know that I was subject to a fine.

I was told that as soon as the officer puts the ticket on the car, it is my possession, whether I know it or not. Therefore, it's my fault the ticket is lost.

I was forced to plead not-guilty and go to court to avoid the hefty fine. Court was supposed to start at 9AM, but the judge was a no show.

At 10AM, we were told that if he didn't show up, we'd have to show up next week for a rescheduled court date (I had already taken a half-day from work to take care of this).

He showed up, without an apology. He kept repeating, "A glitch in the system... a glitch in the system."

If I had been late... who knows what fines/fees I'd have to pay.

When it was my turn, I sat in front of him and waited for him to read the ticket over and familiarize himself with the infraction.

His first words:

"Do you know who parks in their front lawn?"

"No, Sir. Who?"

"Trailer-Trash, and we don't want that in Utica. Pay the original $50 today." He then sent me out.

This is a gross and negligent display and power and disrespect to the people paying his salary is nauseating.

Having just moved here, I am disgusted with the state of this city, and this latest illustration of how things go in Utica makes me feel like I am in the armpit of the world.
Ex Utican

Rome, NY

#4 May 29, 2014
Welcome to utica
just lie

Ithaca, NY

#5 May 30, 2014
Decent Guy, you don't go to City Court for a parking ticket in Utica. You take a parking ticket to Utica City Hall. If this had actually happened to you, you would know this. Liar. Shows what kind of "Guy" you are...the kind who abandons your credibility just to trash talk a Judge.
The way it is

Potsdam, NY

#6 May 30, 2014
just lie wrote:
Decent Guy, you don't go to City Court for a parking ticket in Utica. You take a parking ticket to Utica City Hall. If this had actually happened to you, you would know this. Liar. Shows what kind of "Guy" you are...the kind who abandons your credibility just to trash talk a Judge.
While the story may be bogus, it remains Utica City judges are not grade-A. Nor are they grade-B. They are no different than any other "leader" in the City of Utica or Oneida County. There are countless examples of their incompetence and prejudice.
Agree

Herkimer, NY

#7 May 30, 2014
Couldn't agree with the judge more. Parking in front of your house on the lawn is a huge indicator of being a lazy, inconsiderate piece of trash. Its a sure sign you live in a poor neighborhood and makes the area look bad
steel blue eyezs

Utica, NY

#8 May 31, 2014
and pray so since do you go to city hall to dispute a parking ticket?i know, you can march right up there to Palmeiri's office and tell him that they need to stop picking on you. that made my day. when you dispute a ticket, you most certainly do go to court at the upd. you can request a trial for it as a matter of fact and get the parking popo there to testify. and where is the Law that says you can NOT park from the house to the sidewalk? where? I don't like how Utica allows people to put their Damnn branches/leaves (put it at the curb campaign) in the roads obstructing the normal flow of traffic thus creating a motorist hazard, or how blue bags are put on the sidewalk therefore obstructing pedestrian traffic. any ticket can be issued..any..it is up to you to find out whether any laws exist to prevent it and then argue they had no authority to issue it. its called being -proactive. look at what they did at faxton hospital with the left hand turn.those tickets all got retracted/overturned..you should of told the Judge that the only trash present was his/her sitting there at that bench. and they wonder why their Personal opinions cause them to be Censored!
Here Come Da Judge

Whitesboro, NY

#10 May 31, 2014
No Trust wrote:
You simply do not trust people who make their living off of others' misery and suffering. Time and again they flaunt double standards and no accountability for their own problems. Best to get out of NY and stay out it's not like that everywhere. It's a land of parasites for and by the parasites.
Hey wise guy. I hope you get a ticket. When you do I'll make you wish you were never born.

Your ass is mine! You'll be riding a bike for the next 10 years!

When I see you I'll wave!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keeler calls Joe Marino (Utica Councilman) out ... 5 min Decisions 115
ghetto MOST DISGUSTING BROKEN ECONOMIC FAILURE ... 16 min No Wegmans 4 Fatso 35
Wegmans Coming To Whitesboro 17 min No Wegmans 4 Fatso 145
vernon downs 20 min lost my money there 1
she BOON HURTS BABY AT ILLEGAL DAYCARE 20 min Pipe dreams 5
name AFRICAN MOON LANDING YEARS LMAO 22 min Pipe dreams 1
ooo THE AFRICAN AIRCRAFT CARRIER THE WOMBAT 2 23 min Pipe dreams 1
Claudia Bad Mouthing 40 min Claudia already won 32
Police Cover-up in New Hartford 56 min In Utero 57
Dr. Talarico Married to LaBella's Cousin (Jun '09) 8 hr Newsy 88