bah

Utica, NY

#26 Jan 1, 2013
Ohhh the mall is not brand new and shiny knock it down waaaaahhhhhhh...

What a bunch of sissy morons, you motherfµckers are gonna bitch and whine about the mall whatever the age or shape is.

And you think the weirdos from New Hartford who think they are special would actually venture downtown to go shopping?? Yea right.
slapanut

Utica, NY

#28 Jan 1, 2013
nrafan wrote:
I agree, roof is always leaking somewhere in the mall, JC Penney wing smells like a sewer.
Well duh! Sangertown Mall was built on top of a swamp! The first clue is the parking lot by Seneca Turnpike. It's so hilly because they never drained the pond completely there. I swear one of these days methane gas is gonna blow the blacktop off.
Ole abe

Whitesboro, NY

#29 Jan 1, 2013
A real man wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a store for the well endowed man. My package is so huge all my pants are way to tight in the front. It's like a curse, it's like carrying around another person. I wish I could cut off about 8 inches of it and give it to some pathetic dickless guy who can't please his woman.
Where your pants inside out and stuff that monster in your front pocket
King U

United States

#30 Jan 1, 2013
The worst thing about it the awful smell of that crappy pizza in center court. It stinks up the whole mall. Smells like a bad fart.
Anthony

Red Hook, NY

#31 Jan 1, 2013
Solution is simple.if you don't like it there don't go there! problem solved
Honey chile

Utica, NY

#32 Jan 1, 2013
There seems to be one person getting their panties in a wad about Sangertown Square being called a POS.....wonder if they work there? My bet is it's a young gay male.... Just a guess
snowfall

Camillus, NY

#33 Jan 1, 2013
Honey chile wrote:
There seems to be one person getting their panties in a wad about Sangertown Square being called a POS.....wonder if they work there? My bet is it's a young gay male.... Just a guess
Maybe if you had a job an a life, you would have something important to worry about. Sad you're a loser. Now throw a tantrum, cry to daddy, and post all your hate about a mall so you feel better. Good girl. Maybe if you cry hard enough or get your panties in a bunch they will close it because of you. NOT.
No Secret

New York, NY

#34 Jan 1, 2013
It is no secret why Sangertown Mall is dying. Crappy stores, period. That is why I shop at the the malls in Albany, Colonie and Syracuse.
Sorry

Utica, NY

#35 Jan 1, 2013
The place is a disgrace. Shouldn't even be referred to as a 'mall'.
Bbo

New York, NY

#36 Jan 1, 2013
Honey chile wrote:
Hater
dont tear the mall down

Rome, NY

#37 Jan 2, 2013
you cant tear it down, i got my first wet finger in that movie theater!
goodbye sangertown

Utica, NY

#38 Jan 2, 2013
Yes, level the thing! It's an abomination.
Bill

Syracuse, NY

#39 Jan 2, 2013
Malls in general are declining all over the country. Sangertown Square in New Hartford is just one example. In Syracuse, the Shoppingtown Mall is suffering the same fate. The future of malls will be in large, upscale malls that offer entertainment and dining in addition to shopping. The future will be malls such as Destiny USA in Syracuse and the new American Dream Mall in East Rutherford, NJ, which will be completed in 2014. Smaller malls such as Sangertown have fallen out of favor. Middle income shoppers don't care to spend their whole day wandering through a large mall with a floorplan that is designed to make you walk past dozens of small stores on your way to the store you came there for. Strip malls, big box stores and open-malls, such as Consumer Square have replaced them. Large malls such as Destiny will continue to do well since they offer a wide variety of stores, along with restaurants, and numerous entertainment options. New, modern malls will be designed to be places where you can spend your day off as some sort of mini-vacation. Its all about being upscale. Malls that contain stores such as Saks and Michael Kors will do well. Malls that have nothing more than Sears and Penney's will fade away.
King U

United States

#40 Jan 2, 2013
Bring back stores like Spencers.
Eyes_Open

Utica, NY

#41 Jan 2, 2013
new kid in town wrote:
<quoted text>
Online shopping is a joke! I hate ordering online and having to pay shipping and handling and then waiting a week for my item to arrive, and then when it does arrive it turns out they sent me the wrong thing. I would much rather visit a retail store, select the item I want, try it on, buy it and take it home the same day with no hassles. I don't understand why people order online.
That's OK, ordering online isn't for the feeble minded. You actually have to research what you want to buy and then decide who to buy it from, comparing many different factors to get the best shopping experience for your money.

The morons go to Target and buy the first piece of crap they see on the shelves, then convince themselves it's a quality product.
slapanut

Utica, NY

#42 Jan 2, 2013
King U wrote:
Bring back stores like Spencers.
Spencers is still there...
Hoping

Utica, NY

#43 Jan 2, 2013
I bet if the Kardashians made a visit there, Sangertown would be packed!
Bill is right

Utica, NY

#44 Jan 3, 2013
Even with Destiny USA, I think that was a bad marketing move. The trend in malls is a high-end strip mall kind of thing. Of course, that would not be feasible in this climate. But if you go down south, high-end stores like Saks and Neiman Marcus etc. are putting stores in outdoor shopping areas. But in reality, online shopping will replace all of it one day. People are getting too lazy to even go to a store.

As for Sangertown, that thing will eventually be overcome with rot and will decay releasing harmful fumes that give the entire area cancer.
ToGOoD

Utica, NY

#45 Jan 3, 2013
Maybe they should lower rent and put some REAL money into the place. It would benefit a whole lot.
once in awhile

Gloversville, NY

#46 Jan 3, 2013
suggestion wrote:
The place is a dump. It's plopped in the middle of a bog. Who the hell evens shops there anymore? I say level the entire thing. Put Dick's downtown. Get downtown viable agin. The rest of the stores at Sangertown are pieces of crap that nobody even goes into. There is no more movie theater there. It's a dump.
I dont get to the mall that often, but this christmas looked beautiful with the decortation for xmas. The mall is very clean. Housekeeping works very hard to keep this place clean because people leave trash all over. Everyone has an opionion. thank you very much for your, but I think your wrong about the mall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nano Nano Part 1 1 hr PolyCracker Losers 14
who is Mike Hill Sr? (Apr '09) 1 hr Ellen 25
Time Warner Cable: frequent internet service di... 1 hr Fed Up 4
Is There Anyone Who is Happy in Utica? 2 hr Nano to Nowhere 22
frozen dome classic 2 hr Nobody cared 44
Joe Bonanossa Joining Allman Brothers 3 hr Joe Nobody 43
Local Greaser Angelo "Wopslop" Nole dies! Good ... 3 hr Deam that dream 23
Charlie Shove 4 hr Rise and Grind 48
state farm new hartford 6 hr Knows him 46
Utica Dating