Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Jan 12, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
suggestion

Utica, NY

#1 Dec 31, 2012
The place is a dump. It's plopped in the middle of a bog. Who the hell evens shops there anymore? I say level the entire thing. Put Dick's downtown. Get downtown viable agin. The rest of the stores at Sangertown are pieces of crap that nobody even goes into. There is no more movie theater there. It's a dump.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
right on

Utica, NY

#2 Dec 31, 2012
I don't know if its the workers or the consumers there but the mall has gotten so trashy over the last couple years
nrafan

New Hartford, NY

#3 Dec 31, 2012
I agree, roof is always leaking somewhere in the mall, JC Penney wing smells like a sewer.
Carla

Utica, NY

#4 Dec 31, 2012
For once a decent idea on Topix. Sangertown is an eyesore. I would actually be happy to shop downtown if they put stores there. Malls themselves are kind of obsolete at this point that's why it was a mystery to me as to why Carousel was expanding. Seems like a waste of money.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
BYE GOOD LUCK

Camillus, NY

#5 Dec 31, 2012
The place has a door, see ya later, Farewell, tot wederom, Bis dann, Adios, Hasta la Vista.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
these days

Utica, NY

#6 Dec 31, 2012
Lately the mall has become a safe haven for skanks, drug dealers and sexual predators
hahaha

Utica, NY

#8 Dec 31, 2012
BYE GOOD LUCK wrote:
The place has a door, see ya later, Farewell, tot wederom, Bis dann, Adios, Hasta la Vista.
lol you must work there. good luck to YOU. ADVICE: your job will be nill in a good 7 months to a year. the mall is swiftly losing customers in favor of online shopping or consumer square.
yes

Utica, NY

#12 Dec 31, 2012
the mall is a dump is right. can't say i've been there in many months. outmoded way to shop. i remember the good old days when people would go downtown to the mom & pop stores where they are given excellent service and quality goods. now it's all made-in-china crap.

“An excitable boy”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#14 Dec 31, 2012
new kid in town wrote:
<quoted text>
Online shopping is a joke! I hate ordering online and having to pay shipping and handling and then waiting a week for my item to arrive, and then when it does arrive it turns out they sent me the wrong thing. I would much rather visit a retail store, select the item I want, try it on, buy it and take it home the same day with no hassles. I don't understand why people order online.
You need to be more selective when you order if you order the wrong stuff. And I don't know what the big deal is with a cuople of days waiting is nothing when you're patient. We like the mail and UPS coming every couple days. You're supposed to just forget about it and get surprised. Wow. You get used to it it's strange you need everything now. Half our stuff gets shipped here. Much easier.
Online is also the cheapest way to stock up outside of Sams Club and BJWholesale. The only time you have to spend shopping today is if you want to go with your girl and buy her stuff she sees on impulse. Otherwise you let online and your post do you shopping for you for most stuff. Get with the times and fell the high when you flex that Acct or Paypal then go about your work and it's at your door in two or three days. It's too fun.

There are some deals you get and some places are worth supporting. When I'm in town certain food stores are a must. K&K guns is a must do, and the nephews load up on trains upstairs so yes specialty shops have "walk in niche" but I don't see what the big deal is you have it made there. And what's the sales tax in Oneida County up there now? 35%?
You are a city fool

Utica, NY

#15 Dec 31, 2012
Downtown and Utica in general sucks. Don't think you can entice anyone with half a brain to want to spend anymore time downtown than one has too. Parking sucks. Crime is rampant. You can all suck it.
dream

Binghamton, NY

#16 Dec 31, 2012
I love downtown. So bite it.
Nick

Utica, NY

#17 Dec 31, 2012
Sangertown is a piece of monkey sh*t. Just another example of time marching on. Antiquated and rundown.
Stu

Utica, NY

#18 Dec 31, 2012
It would be better downtown.....and if not, I agree with raising it and starting over....place has completely lost its luster....and that's nothing to do with the Internet or Big Box...Sangertown needs a remodel and some decent tennants...they ruined the food court with all those no name restaurants (I mean not even a BK, Wendy's or McDonalds....really?) and the stores suck. Add Banana Republic, Tommy Hilfiger, Lord & Taylor, Williams Sonoma........other stores that other malls have
sick of morons

Utica, NY

#19 Dec 31, 2012
Stu wrote:
It would be better downtown.....and if not, I agree with raising it and starting over....place has completely lost its luster....and that's nothing to do with the Internet or Big Box...Sangertown needs a remodel and some decent tennants...they ruined the food court with all those no name restaurants (I mean not even a BK, Wendy's or McDonalds....really?) and the stores suck. Add Banana Republic, Tommy Hilfiger, Lord & Taylor, Williams Sonoma........other stores that other malls have
Those stores wont come in here cause you free loading shit bags wont support them. You all shop at walmart and use your EBT cards. These companies are not going to invest in a dump like this area. The demographics arent there.
Need I Say More

Utica, NY

#20 Dec 31, 2012
The place needs to be razed & then sprinkled with holy water..........
sq footage

Camillus, NY

#21 Dec 31, 2012
Need I Say More wrote:
The place needs to be razed & then sprinkled with holy water..........
How many malls do you own, the light-posts cost more then you make in a year.
johnatan miller

Boston, MA

#22 Dec 31, 2012
Off topic is there a different snow contractor at sangertown this year not in my 53 years have i ever seen a plaza look so bad not being plowed my god
misunderstood

Utica, NY

#23 Jan 1, 2013
A real man wrote:
Does anyone know if there's a store for the well endowed man. My package is so huge all my pants are way to tight in the front. It's like a curse, it's like carrying around another person. I wish I could cut off about 8 inches of it and give it to some pathetic dickless guy who can't please his woman.
"Package" is not what you are thinking. You're talking about your stomach. "Package" is your "junk". Get it now?
Funny

Utica, NY

#24 Jan 1, 2013
This topic makes me laugh. Ive been saying the same thing for 10 years. The stores are literally the lowest of the low catering to the trashiest of clientele. Ugh. Just set it on fire.
Open more things

New Hartford, NY

#25 Jan 1, 2013
If they reopen the theatre, fix it up, and put more stores in, it could be brought back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was anybody actually at Fuel's men's room when ... 8 min Joe 57
Buildings in Utica are unevenly built 15 min Brutus 1
doobie brothers 19 min MUSIC LOVER 1
WHY are COPS NOTHING BUT CRIMINALS THAT DRAIN A... 22 min Billy Gorilly 3
Jill WKTV 24 min Hey 19
New business in Riverside center. 31 min UticaSucks 5
Work Is Done 36 min This is 7
Matt Gaetano Hotel Utica Manager Arrested (Again) 1 hr new-hartfordschool 8
utica national (Jun '13) 8 hr Noucant 529
Mark Butler admits no chip manufacturing plant due 12 hr Dr Answer 10