Midnight Mary's Utica Bar

Midnight Mary's Utica Bar

Posted in the Utica Forum

Utica6767

Utica, NY

#1 Jun 28, 2014
The Utica gay bar. Where was it and when was it open? What are your memories of it?
Ummmmm

Bronx, NY

#2 Jun 28, 2014
Utica6767 wrote:
The Utica gay bar. Where was it and when was it open? What are your memories of it?
Loved that bar. It was a bar for everyone! All were welcomed. Best music in town. Janice was the best.
Utica6767

Utica, NY

#4 Jun 28, 2014
Is Janice still around? When was it open or when did it close?
Ummmmm

Bronx, NY

#5 Jun 29, 2014
Janice still alive, although she's Very old. Living in an old age home.
Ex Utican

Utica, NY

#6 Jun 29, 2014
No shes not. Went to school with her and I'm not in an old age home...yet. The bar was open in the late 70's or early 80's . She was a great kid with a great sense of humor and always a smile.
Ummmmm

Utica, NY

#7 Jun 29, 2014
Ex Utican wrote:
No shes not. Went to school with her and I'm not in an old age home...yet. The bar was open in the late 70's or early 80's . She was a great kid with a great sense of humor and always a smile.
F"@ck you she does. Stienhorst to be exact
Ex Utican

Utica, NY

#8 Jun 30, 2014
Ummmmm
Utica6767

Utica, NY

#9 Jun 30, 2014
Was Janice the bartender?
Janice-Janice

Utica, NY

#10 Jul 5, 2014
Janice was the owner. The bar was well run and lots of good times were had there. While Janice knew how to how to run a business that people really felt welcomed, in reality, she is not a very nice person at all. Many lives were negatively affected by her actions. I personally know quite a few very nice ladies whose lives she damaged both financially and emotionally.
Wondering

Utica, NY

#11 Jul 5, 2014
Really? Do you think you could expand on that just a bit?
John

Utica, NY

#12 Jul 6, 2014
That was my first gay bar liked it better than "THAT PLACE" gay men are worse than woman meanning they treated people better I was 19 and a gay woman brought me there and I met alot of people threw her Any body know where patty chrysler is let me know
John

Utica, NY

#13 Jul 6, 2014
Utica6767 wrote:
it was where teaser is now
Janice-Janice

Utica, NY

#14 Jul 6, 2014
Expand??Oh honey I could detail, but what is the point??It's not my place to judge her, we'll leave that to our maker. However, she should be paying back some of the money people lent her in good faith, if she wants mercy on judgment day.
Wondering

Utica, NY

#15 Jul 6, 2014
Ok I see she stiffed people for $$$. A lot of people do that unfortunately. Thanks for clarifying.
Utica6767

Utica, NY

#16 Jul 6, 2014
Was it mixed or more of a lesbian bar?
Janice-Janice

Utica, NY

#17 Jul 6, 2014
It was a gay bar with both men and women welcome. Straight people were also in attendance and we all partied together. It actually was a very special time. If the plague of AIDS didn't strike around that time, the party may have lasted a whole lot longer.
MayIAdd

Utica, NY

#18 Jul 18, 2014
Midnight Mary's was a great bar if you didn't notice the liquor was all cheap brands pour into top shelf brands. Janice was lucky enough to date a couple of very beautiful (inside and out) women whom she took great advantage of. Sure, they were stupid to ever get involved with her
but she have treated them much better. She will be held responsible in the end, for the money she took from them.
Ummmm

New York, NY

#19 Jul 18, 2014
John wrote:
That was my first gay bar liked it better than "THAT PLACE" gay men are worse than woman meanning they treated people better I was 19 and a gay woman brought me there and I met alot of people threw her Any body know where patty chrysler is let me know
Speaking of which, whatever happened to the owner of That Place? I think it was Frank Bruzzese . I haven't seen him in years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
voss or scooby do dog food (Oct '11) 2 hr concerned 11
D AND D AUTO SALES/BODY RUTGER/oriskany (Apr '13) 2 hr sittin bull 78
Im really glad your precious comets lost. 5 hr Worse 11
Inequality and Black IQ 5 hr Soitgoes 3
Rob "Welfare Comets" Esche Sportsplex smacked d... 6 hr Comet Neanderthals 108
State Audit proves Comets Aud is a scam operation. 6 hr Comet Neanderthals 317
Blacks have know right eating with Whites at Oc... 6 hr Low Black IQ 23
Verizon strike 7 hr penumbra 32
More from around the web

Personal Finance