Utica man arrested for 5th DWI in 5 years

Jul 6, 2014 Read more: WSTM-TV Syracuse 12

Jason Hammond, from Utica, was arrested July 4th for hit and run and DWI. New Hartford Police say it was his 5th DWI arrest in Oneida County New Hartford Police say the man arrested for a hit and run at the Home Depot last Friday, had four previous DWI arrests in Oneida County.

Read more
ZED

Utica, NY

#1 Jul 7, 2014
What a piece of garbage.
The way it is

Utica, NY

#2 Jul 7, 2014
Looks like Mr Hammond will be sent back to prison.
MBA

Utica, NY

#4 Jul 7, 2014
Prison Economy Security wrote:
LOL! Make getting drunk and being a life's looser the biggest attraction in CNY.
Send the drunks to prison to support the prison economy.
I guess that's the only way they can have any economy at all up there.
I agree with you that we in CNY live off a prison/govt. economy, but should we do with a person with 5 DWI's?
Revrider

Utica, NY

#5 Jul 7, 2014
Electroshock treatments,lot of amps
What

Utica, NY

#6 Jul 7, 2014
The man was in the can for a couple of years he just wanted to go out have a couple drinks to celebrate, what's the big deal.
Geez

Utica, NY

#8 Jul 7, 2014
How did he manage to get a car in the first place? Was it registered and insured? If someone loaned it to him, they ought to face some serious consequences. If there's no law making the person who let him drive liable then we need a new law. This Hammond is more dangerous than a loaded gun.
One who knows

New Hartford, NY

#9 Jul 7, 2014
Geez wrote:
How did he manage to get a car in the first place? Was it registered and insured? If someone loaned it to him, they ought to face some serious consequences. If there's no law making the person who let him drive liable then we need a new law. This Hammond is more dangerous than a loaded gun.
If prior DWI convictions and the high costs of fines, plus cancellation of his insurance policy leaving only the Assigned Risk available which is sky high in price for just basic coverage, along with prison time - nothing punitive seems to work.

The only suggestion I have to make is perhaps this man needs intensive mental health counseling to find out WHY is he drinking when it leads to this type of life for himself at the tender age of only 29? Something is making him drink besides just the taste of booze - let the mental health people figure out how to help him since the legal system has done everything possible which has not been successful.
Mr Poopy Drawers

Utica, NY

#10 Jul 7, 2014
What wrote:
The man was in the can for a couple of years he just wanted to go out have a couple drinks to celebrate, what's the big deal.
I'll drink to that!
not a fan

White Plains, NY

#12 Jul 8, 2014
I am by no means condoning what this guys doing or how hes placing others in danger, but there are rapists, and kiddie touers who are on probatiobn and dont even see a prison cell, but have a few too many and holy shat lookout ! A public stoning would be less harsh! Look at the fines associated with DWI. Ever see a fine or surcharge like these for a toucher ?
Menace To Us All

Utica, NY

#13 Jul 8, 2014
not a fan wrote:
I am by no means condoning what this guys doing or how hes placing others in danger, but there are rapists, and kiddie touers who are on probatiobn and dont even see a prison cell, but have a few too many and holy shat lookout ! A public stoning would be less harsh! Look at the fines associated with DWI. Ever see a fine or surcharge like these for a toucher ?
Mr. Hammond + motor vehicle= deadly weapon. Looks like a life sentence might be the only thing to protect society from this very dangerous individual.
not a fan

White Plains, NY

#14 Jul 8, 2014
The largest menace to "us all" is a government with misguided priorities driven by self serving officials looking to further their own agendas
Mr Poopy Drawers

Utica, NY

#16 Jul 8, 2014
not a fan wrote:
The largest menace to "us all" is a government with misguided priorities driven by self serving officials looking to further their own agendas
I'll drink to that, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Comets Website Gone 2 min Wlefie and Audi 20
A colonscopy 3 min helper 9
Infinity MMA 5 min Which 14
what CHIPSET CAN MASTER CAM LOAD THE CONTROLLER... (Jul '14) 21 min wow 6
X2 Playschool Jealous LT will explain 23 min wow 1
Sad Utica Cant Keep SEARS wants a "Super Nano P... 29 min Bow - Take it 1
Tebbs or Puff'n'Stuff ? (Jan '09) 34 min Tax 73
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) Apr 15 duh 623
More from around the web

Utica People Search