Comet's game
What

Ithaca, NY

#1 Oct 26, 2013
I have season tickets and I will be requesting a refund after tonight's game if there isn't changes in security. I took my 2 daughters last night to the game and the language and actions was disgusting. I politely asked a group of 4 couples if they hold back on the F words as my pre teen daughters were sitting with me.

This ment nothing as 2 punks said F U leave your kids home I have a right to drink. Total classless. Tonight my wife and I are going with another couple and if security doesn't want to control of these drunk punks a couple of them will get cracked up their punk heads and then Esche himself can refund the balance of my tickets in cash.

What a shame to allow punk drunks to ruin a great thing.
raymond

Utica, NY

#2 Oct 26, 2013
I have to agree, I had issues too with college kids behind me.
Rob

Utica, NY

#3 Oct 26, 2013
You Whiney little girl
Fatty

Utica, NY

#4 Oct 26, 2013
You should just ignore the obnoxious , foul mouthed fans. Utica is a hockey town, remember.
horrible

Newark, NJ

#5 Oct 26, 2013
Haha. How they doin tonight? Down by 3....give this 3yrs tops.
Another loss

New York, NY

#6 Oct 26, 2013
A season ticket holder near us was badmouthing the Comets and asking everyone if they have had enough yet. Must say the last period was much better than the first two periods. Unfortunately, another loss and the crowd is getting smaller and smaller. Maybe Leon Etienne when he shows up next week will help the team magically score enough goals to win or at the very least create the illusion that they won...
waiting

New York, NY

#7 Oct 26, 2013
Hang in there and be patient,they'll start winning. The puck hasn't been bouncing in their favor. They got to get a taste of a win yet.
Georgie

Redwood City, CA

#8 Oct 26, 2013
I am a season ticket holder and am not throwing in the towel just yet. Still excited, still wanting to attend games. But they can't play only one period out of three and expect to win. And wins are the only way the other seats will be filled.
Crrrrunch

Whitesboro, NY

#9 Oct 26, 2013
Fatty wrote:
You should just ignore the obnoxious , foul mouthed fans. Utica is a hockey town, remember.
So is Syracuse, and the fans at Oncenter have much more class and the environment there is more family friendly. So enjoy your overpriced Saranacs, boys; Utica Pioneers' home opener is Nov. 2nd (maybe we'll see some real hockey then LOL).
feeling sad

Sherburne, NY

#10 Oct 26, 2013
I hope things get better for the team. It's a great thing to have here. But many will stop attending unless they start winning. Plus improve the rest room situation and security.
season tickets

Holland Patent, NY

#11 Oct 27, 2013
What wrote:
I have season tickets and I will be requesting a refund after tonight's game if there isn't changes in security. I took my 2 daughters last night to the game and the language and actions was disgusting. I politely asked a group of 4 couples if they hold back on the F words as my pre teen daughters were sitting with me.
This ment nothing as 2 punks said F U leave your kids home I have a right to drink. Total classless. Tonight my wife and I are going with another couple and if security doesn't want to control of these drunk punks a couple of them will get cracked up their punk heads and then Esche himself can refund the balance of my tickets in cash.
all you have to do is talk to an usher, there's like 50 of them at every game. with how loud the arena is there's no way they can hear what everyone is saying. haven't had any problems with foul language in my section..102. call the office, esche dosnt put up with morns like those you spoke about.
Georgie

Redwood City, CA

#12 Oct 27, 2013
season tickets wrote:
<quoted text>all you have to do is talk to an usher, there's like 50 of them at every game. with how loud the arena is there's no way they can hear what everyone is saying. haven't had any problems with foul language in my section..102. call the office, esche dosnt put up with morns like those you spoke about.
Agree with this advise. Make sure you are putting an usher on notice and they should be able to handle it. No problem with this in my section and you should not have to put up with foul language.

Make an issue of this and they will make it right for you.
Grow Up

Farmington, CT

#13 Oct 28, 2013
Sad that people still care about foul language and let it effect them and their experience. Mind your business. Teach your kids that at the hockey game. In the meantime a game will be going on that tolerates swearing. Grown men playing a violent sport. Don't take your kids if they can't deal with it.

Stop thinking athletes are role models and your kids should learn from them, they shouldn't. They're paid to perform, and showin your kids the right path is your job not theirs.

Good luck on that refund too, I'm sure they'll be saddened by your story and just hand your money back. I bet you're one of those parents that complains to the coaches when your nonatheltic child gets no playing time because he sucks then move him to a new district huh? You took your ball and went home as a kid because you weren't picked right?
Georgie

Utica, NY

#14 Oct 28, 2013
Grow Up wrote:
Sad that people still care about foul language and let it effect them and their experience. Mind your business. Teach your kids that at the hockey game. In the meantime a game will be going on that tolerates swearing. Grown men playing a violent sport. Don't take your kids if they can't deal with it.
Stop thinking athletes are role models and your kids should learn from them, they shouldn't. They're paid to perform, and showin your kids the right path is your job not theirs.
Good luck on that refund too, I'm sure they'll be saddened by your story and just hand your money back. I bet you're one of those parents that complains to the coaches when your nonatheltic child gets no playing time because he sucks then move him to a new district huh? You took your ball and went home as a kid because you weren't picked right?
It is all a matter of degree -- this did not sound like "routine" swearing. I have been to college football games and sat next to out-of-control college kids and yeah, it negatively affected the experience. Until security removed them.

Totally agree with your point on athletes not serving as role models.
oh come on

Utica, NY

#15 Oct 28, 2013
What wrote:
You took them to a HOCKEY GAME. I'm sure they'll eventually be exposed to the F word in life. It's inevitable. I suggest you either do some parenting yourself and teach your children that not all of us speak nicely all the time.
Mel Bushman

Utica, NY

#16 Oct 28, 2013
It's a minor league hockey game for christ sakes. What is this? Big Brother watching our language now? Get lost, Commie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toss Your Kid into Mohawk Like Jamyma Watermelon 1 min ring 8
attn 75 PERCENT OF THE WORLDS POOREST COUNTRIES... 5 min yum 33
Ex UPD cop Thad Kaczor gets BUTTSHAFTED on Keeler! 18 min Perfect Karma 1
Dems and NY Corruption 25 min Way to go Tazz 5
How many "Nano Factories" in Utica? (Mar '16) 30 min zip 162
HOw's the "Utica Nano Space Shuttle" doing? 30 min Never got off the... 89
How To Plastic Your Clifton Trailer Windows in ... (Jan '15) 47 min tyvek 9
Nano Uodate 4 hr Nano has failed DEAl 112
Cuomo: Expect Nano Delays 4 hr Deplorable 32
House of the Good Shepherd ED doesn't have a de... 5 hr Nancy Grace 61